Scooter falls off monorail ramp

Queen-Bee

Mouseketeer
here right now and just saw a guest on a scooter falling off the ramp while leaving the monorail black, monorail red is holding just before TTC on the resort loop.

Really hope the lady is ok but the resort loop is out of service at the moment.

here right now and just saw a guest on a scooter falling off the ramp while leaving the monorail black, monorail red is holding just before TTC on the resort loop.

Owww...

How far of a fall would that be? Yikes!

Do you mean the little metal ramp they put out for scooters to get off the actual monorail or like one of the rampways up to the platform?

If the former, I am surprised that doesn’t happen more - my mother in law used one our past trip and generally she was pretty good with it but getting on and off the monorail was sometimes a challenge for her

Do you mean the little metal ramp they put out for scooters to get off the actual monorail or like one of the rampways up to the platform?

If the former, I am surprised that doesn’t happen more - my mother in law used one our past trip and generally she was pretty good with it but getting on and off the monorail was sometimes a challenge for her

Yes that’s correct. It was quite a fall to be honest.

Something like this happened to us on our trip last month. We were in a monorail car that had 2 scooters in it. When we pulled into the station, the doors opened and we began to get ready to leave the car, right then we heard a huge bang. The scooter in the other side of the car had backed up without the help the ramp! When we walked out the monorail car, the poor scooter driver was still seated in the scooter, even though it was flipped over on it's back. Before we left the car, I made sure that the scooter in my car knew that there was a ramp! It was a scary thing for us to see so I can't even imagine what it was life for the man on the scooter.

I once saw someone in a scooter accidentally drive up on a curb on Main Street and tip over in the middle of the road. You wouldn’t believe the outpouring of people who stopped and helped them up. It almost looked coordinated. That gave me some hope for people, seeing that

I hope the guest is okay. We used a scooter on our last trip due to a knee injury. What I don't get is why they don't design the stations so as you pull in at one station, you just need to drive straight out at the other. The CR is the only place that this would be an issue, but they could build up the platform to be level with the monorail. JMHO.

I once saw someone in a scooter accidentally drive up on a curb on Main Street and tip over in the middle of the road. You wouldn’t believe the outpouring of people who stopped and helped them up. It almost looked coordinated. That gave me some hope for people, seeing that

I almost did this once. The fix, will reduce this from happening, is to paint white. In the evening the curb blends in with the street. Hopefully the bean counters would allow this.

That’s scary. I saw a woman tip over backwards on her scooter when she was parking it in MK. I and a man rushed to tip her back forward. Luckily the seatback was thick enough that her head didn’t hit the ground and she was just very shaken. A CM came on the scene from a distance and further assisted the poor thing.

I almost did this once. The fix, will reduce this from happening, is to paint white. In the evening the curb blends in with the street. Hopefully the bean counters would allow this.
I think they’re like that at the studios? I could be mistaken though

Last time I was there I saw two scooter crashes. One at the haunted mansion where a man pulled up near the other scooters to get assistance on the ride. There were already about 7 or 8 scooters pulled up in front of him. The CM greeted him and told him it would be just a second and then the guy just floored it and sped off and crashed into all of the other scooters. He was fine but stuff went flying everywhere and they stopped the ride for a minute.

The other one was when we were walking down the line to the safari. There was nobody there so we were all just walking along down the path. On the other side of the rope to our right two ladies on scooters come flying past us and they came up to a turn in front of us and the front lady hit a pole going full speed then the 2nd lady crashed into the back of her. Neither of them were hurt but the 2nd lady started screaming at the 1st one about how she didn't know how to drive.

This one was actually pretty comical since nobody was hurt.

Unsurprising. Not all but some of the people "driving" those the scooters shouldnt be driving ANYTHING motorized.
. I am one of those drivers. There is a learning curve to using the scooter;today I ran over my own foot and now sport a pink bandage on my big toe. I am glad to have some help getting around the parks but it does cost me a bit of my dignity.

Last month I was in room at POP and heard a LOUD CRASH on outside wall of room. I figured it was some of DS2 kids (he's a coach and there with his team). He comes through door laughing so hard. He and another coach were walking back from food court behind an ECV. The woman on it was drunk, she was driving with her feet up on handles, I mean it - her feet were driving ... because she was holding her phone in air blasting mariachi type music while she waved her other hand and danced in her seat. Well ........ she hit then drove up the wall. Fortunately it dropped upright and didn't rollover. I am pretty sure that drinking and driving an ECV is not allowed and certainly not driving with your feet while you rock out.

Each subsequent trip to WDW seems to be turning into more and more of an electric scooter convention. I get that there are elderly and some with disabilities that really need them, but far too many seem to be increasingly piloted by Americans who have just completely let their health go and simply can't get around. It's kind of depressing.

Each subsequent trip to WDW seems to be turning into more and more of an electric scooter convention. I get that there are elderly and some with disabilities that really need them, but far too many seem to be increasingly piloted by Americans who have just completely let their health go and simply can't get around. It's kind of depressing.

I dare you to say that to someone's face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!