Sci-Fi or TRex??

epadisney

Earning My Ears
Which do you think is the better restaurant for kids (ages 10, 8, and 5): Sci-Fi Drive-In or TRex?

I prefer Sci-Fi. It's something you can only do at Disney. T-Rex is owned by the same company as Rainforest Cafe so they are very similar. Since they are chains, the food is nothing to write home about. Cool atmosphere, but IMO, I'd rather go with the more unique option.

We absolutely LOVED T-Rex when we went there last December & currently plan to eat there in 2 weeks. However, we're also planning to eat at Sci-Fi this trip. Understand that the menu has changed a bit at Sci-Fi since we were last there, but still want to give it a go.

Ooooo...tough choice. I LOVE both..and we travel with ADULTS ONLY!!! HAHA!!! Well, can you do both??

Considering one is in DHS, and the other is at DTD, you could easily do both. The food is mediocre at both, so you are basically picking on atmosphere. Have you asked the kids what their preference would be?

YES, totally agree here. SciFi is more unique, so i'd go with that. TRex is pretty much the same as Rainforest. You can find both anywhere, not just in disney. But SciFi is unique. That would definitely be my pick, esp for kids that age!
I prefer Sci-Fi. It's something you can only do at Disney. T-Rex is owned by the same company as Rainforest Cafe so they are very similar. Since they are chains, the food is nothing to write home about. Cool atmosphere, but IMO, I'd rather go with the more unique option.

YES! Good idea! Do both! Even if you do a full meal at SciFi but only appetizers at TRex...or even just get that massive dessert to share @ TRex, at least you get to see and experience it. Theyre both worth checking out!
We can do both! Maybe that is the best option :)

I like Sci Fi better. Part of that is because it's a quieter dining experience. T-Rex is a very loud atmosphere.

Take my advice with a grain of salt...we went to Sci Fi 2003, both in 2009, and Sci Fi in 2011. Maybe you can guess my pick?

I actually really like T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe...I like the food and drinks at these places (guess I am in the minority?)...I would give the edge to food flavor and choices to T-Rex

HOWEVER, T-Rex is just a decorated restaurant with a lot of loud dinosaurs...you can ride Dinosaur at AK

At SciFi, you get to eat in a car as if you were at a drive in movie...it is just so cool. Sci Fi is also a nice, cool, calm break from the parks whereas T-Rex is loud and requires a special trip to DTD.

I like Sci Fi better. Part of that is because it's a quieter dining experience. T-Rex is a very loud atmosphere.

At SciFi, you get to eat in a car as if you were at a drive in movie...it is just so cool. Sci Fi is also a nice, cool, calm break from the parks whereas T-Rex is loud and requires a special trip to DTD.

This is definitely something for you to consider. Both are very different. SciFi is pretty quiet, whereas TRex is pretty loud. Both good, just different. I personally dont mind the noise at all. All depends on what your family is like.

Check out the meteor showers in the iceroom at TRex on youtube. That will help you decide for sure. You can do the same for scifi.

I'm an adult who loves T-Rex. (Thought sci-fi was enjoyable as well.) I just love the dinosaur theme. I loved sitting in the ice cave. I know lots of people say its the same as rainforest and I know that they are owned by the same people but I don't have a dinosaur themed restaurant any place near me and I don't really care about going to a rainforest themed restaurant so I love going to T-Rex.

Our choice would be Sci-Fi over TRex (or RFC) any day. Just don't care for the noise level at TRex and found the food to be unremarkable.

Sci-Fi was more fun and the food is pretty tasty with pretty prompt service.

If you are able to do both then that is always going to be the best option! ;) I know I am in the minority but our family greatly prefers T-Rex on atmosphere and we find the food similar in quality in both places. Sci-fi just doesnt do it for any of us. T-Rex IS loud though, but we have 3 young kids, so everywhere is kind of loud for us. :)

I would go sci fi over t-Rex. My boys are 5 and 8. Our last trip we went to both. The sci fi had great food, our waitress was awesome, and it was just a fun experience. T-Rex was the next night and it was neat for about 5 minutes. It was very crowded, we were seated in the middle section and it was hard to move in and out of your seat with out bumping into another chair. It was also very loud. I didn't think it would bother us but after a long day at the park the noise, and changing lights were just too overwhelming for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts