Scene+ Program

I decided to take a good look at my spending habits and groceries this past week.
The multiples that Scene+ (Sobeys, Foodland, FreshCo) is requiring for me to get Points is just not working for my family.
Yes there are some things that I can donate but I can't be donating food every week.
The price of groceries has become more of a focus for me.
For now I am going to take a break from Scene + Grocery point collecting.

Hugs Mel

I actually had a great day (for me) at FreshCo today. I picked up some targeted offers, all were 1 or 2 items. I managed to hit the $50 threshold spend so I netted 820pts. My best haul to date.

It is hard to earn pts/AM these days. Like bababear_50 I'm more focussed on prices than points these days.

I actually had a great day (for me) at FreshCo today. I picked up some targeted offers, all were 1 or 2 items. I managed to hit the $50 threshold spend so I netted 820pts. My best haul to date.

It is hard to earn pts/AM these days. Like bababear_50 I'm more focussed on prices than points these days.
Same! I did really well at Freschco with price matching this week. Between price matching and sales I saved over $100 on my bill!! I'm getting more comfortable as I get more practice with price matching meat and produce.

However I did a Costco shop last week for the first time in a lonnnngggg time. The prices are so competitive there, that in many cases they even beat the stacked sale price plus points I've been getting with my shopping elsewhere. It's almost like inflation/greedflation hasn't hit Costco in the same way. E.g. bags of 18 Montreal-style bagels were $10. Huge boxes of cereal were cheaper than the sale prices I've been getting... So now reconsidering what to do.

Same! I did really well at Freschco with price matching this week. Between price matching and sales I saved over $100 on my bill!! I'm getting more comfortable as I get more practice with price matching meat and produce.

However I did a Costco shop last week for the first time in a lonnnngggg time. The prices are so competitive there, that in many cases they even beat the stacked sale price plus points I've been getting with my shopping elsewhere. It's almost like inflation/greedflation hasn't hit Costco in the same way. E.g. bags of 18 Montreal-style bagels were $10. Huge boxes of cereal were cheaper than the sale prices I've been getting... So now reconsidering what to do.
I shop at Costco every week for part of our groceries and prices have gone up over the last year or so on most items but their prices are still better than most of the grocery stores.

For those wondering how booking works with Scene +: I just booked a 1 night hotel stay for March with Scene points. Taxes/fees are included so no out of pocket $ like there always is with AirMiles. Plus I earned Scene points even though I booked 100% with points. It says I earned 697 points.
I Cari
Thanks for sharing this info.
This has me rethinking the program.
Having the taxes & Fees covered by points sounds great.

Edited to add
I called Scene+ and asked them about the ability to lock the account and she said others have inquired about this and she will pass along my request.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
This week I had a spend $50 get 200pts. I didn't need that much at FreshCo this week so I went to pick up few things that were good prices. Mushrooms $1.99 +50 pts (x3) and then I had a spent $15 on produce +25. I only picked up what I needed under $20 and netted 175pts.

I was in Sobeys and they had Juicy Fruit sugar free gum packs ,,my favorite.
I picked up 8 packs,,250 points for every 2 bought. It actually worked out cheaper than buying the 60 piece tubs.
Dry mouth and wearing a mask to work are driving me crazy. Chewing the gum helps.
1,000 points for me.
Hugs
Mel

Had a decent Scene+ shop today at Safeway. $142 for 2400 scene points. 4 x laliberte Greek yogurt for 1000 points, 4 x old Dutch chips for 200 points, 2 x old El Paso salsa for 200 points, family pack of extra lean ground beef for 200 points and 2 x nature valley granola bars 500 points plus a few targeted offers. All these products had reduced prices as well which was why I bought them (lately I find a lot of the items with points are at full, high prices).

Heads Up
1d1bcc0bbddd80c047a74165e51d43ff.jpg

Something is wrong with the Scene posting for above PROMO
Instead of 1800 for 4 boxes of product I got 1800 Points for each one.
Yeah I know when they discover the glitch they'll claw back the points .
14,000 points was nice though!!!!!

Hugs Mel

Hmmm ........ a couple of late additions added to *My Offers*
Buy 3 Kraft products get 1000 points or spend $20 on Kraft products get 1000 points
kraftscene+.jpg
I picked 1,000 points for a $20 spend
Not bad
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter