"Scary" Disney moments...

ConcKahuna

<font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f
Are there any moments in Disney movies/shows/attractions that scare or have scared you? I dont mean the ones that are meant to be intense, but the other scenes?

As a child, I was horrified of the "Pink Elephants" scene in Dumbo. I had nightmares about it for weeks :rotfl:

That also reminds me of this "remix" of Mary Poppins...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

DH and I both had nightmares of pink elephants as kids. :scared:
Might be why we don't drink. LOL

The ending of "The Little Mermaid" when Ursula gets huge and tries to destroy things, then Eric uses a ship to kill her--that scared the bejesus out of the 4 little kids I took to see it the first time. They were screaming, crying and curled up on their seats.

Haha my sister didn't warn me of the dark in Splash, like she had been for all the other rides and I was happily sitting in my log...... yea not many people get scared before the drop lol

Not an attraction but a movie. I never could watch BAMBI!!! I had seen some footage but knowing his mother died ... and there were hunters in it, fire, etc ..., I couldn't do it.

I finally did see it at age 40(something) and I have blotted it from my memory even so ... What is it about Disney movies killing off the moms????

(I cried when Nemo lost his mom & siblings too but he did have his Daddy with him at least!)

Interesting thread! :thumbsup2

Mine's not really a "fear", but I get scared that the Yeti on EE is going to fall on us when we get under it hahaha.

What scares me? Well those clown things in Spectromagic freak me out!! :scared1: I watched spectromagic once years and years ago, and I can't watch it anymore ... sad yes.. but in my mind those clowns are just freakishly wrong!!!

What scares me? Well those clown things in Spectromagic freak me out!! :scared1: I watched spectromagic once years and years ago, and I can't watch it anymore ... sad yes.. but in my mind those clowns are just freakishly wrong!!!

I agree! That is my answer. I remember them from when I was younger and I didn't like them. They are very creepy!!

I hold my breath during Indiana Jones show and Lights, Motors, Action. I'm ALWAYS afraid a CM is going to get hurt. I know, I know, they are professionals, but even professionals can make mistakes and it just scares the heck out of me. I could do without both shows, but DS INSISTS on LMA at least once during our trip :scared1:

Maybe he's old enough to go on his own!!! (JK--I wouldn't do that just yet. He's only 12).

Those are creepy! They spin around and when I was younger I got afraid they were going to spin into me so I never really watch spectromagic up close anymore but from a distance is good.

I was so scared of the Alien scene in the Great Movie Ride as a child. Actually, I still can't look up and get made of frequently by the ride operators.

Dinosaur scares me as an adult, and Jafar coming up to me at an MGM parade at age 10 or so made me flip out.

I agree! (I wish they's bring back the safe, non-freakish Main Street Electrical Parade!)

As for movies, I think that Alice in Wonderland is just trippy and creepy!

And rides...I know it's meant to be intense, but parts of Dinosaur are scary. I went on Stitch once and spent the entire time with my eyes closed, trying to get into fetal position! I also avoid visits to Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. And the Drew Carrey Sound Stage...HELP! Get me outta here!

Not an attraction but a movie. I never could watch BAMBI!!! I had seen some footage but knowing his mother died ... and there were hunters in it, fire, etc ..., I couldn't do it.

I finally did see it at age 40(something) and I have blotted it from my memory even so ... What is it about Disney movies killing off the moms????

(I cried when Nemo lost his mom & siblings too but he did have his Daddy with him at least!)

Interesting thread! :thumbsup2
OMG! Thats so funny! We alwys joke about that! LOL We always say you know its a Disney movie when one or both of the parents are killed off. Think about it Tarzan, Dumbo, Bambi , Nemo , Isnt Ariel motherless? , Lion King , Aladdin ( Jasmines mother) , Brother bear ( well not a parent but his brother) , Snow White, Cinderella is a orphan, and I am sure there are more.

Oh yeah and the things with those faces from Spectro freak me out to this day.

As far as scary movies I would Black Cauldron ( I hated the bad guy in that as a kid) . As a kid Snow White the ride creeped me out . Or that alien thing that hangs down over you on " The Great Movie Ride" and HS.

I am so surprised no one has mentioned that huge snake in the 3D show "Honey I shrunk the audience" in Epcot. I am terrified of snakes so I always have my eyes closed during that part and hear a lot of screams. I have no plans of ever keeping my eyes open for that. :scared1:

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Dinosaur:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I have yet to make it through that ride with my eyes open. My wifes favorite picture from our honeymoon is off that ride. My head is in her lap on the ride photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter