"Scary" Disney moments...

Hopper in ITTBAB scared the daylights out of my 5 year old- and still does, even though she's almost 15! SO big, SO loud!!

The first part of Sorin right after the guy says Sorin to tower were clear for take off! i always get scared!:rotfl:

also

Its a World of laughter a world of tears its a world of hope and a world of fears!:scared1:

and Finally
Laughing place the laughing place:headache:

I was scared to death of the previous, Figment-free incarnation of "Journey Into Your Imagination." I guess the thing that scared me most was if they could ruin that ride so badly, could they do the same or worse to my other favorites? :eek:

Are there any moments in Disney movies/shows/attractions that scare or have scared you? I dont mean the ones that are meant to be intense, but the other scenes?

As a child, I was horrified of the "Pink Elephants" scene in Dumbo. I had nightmares about it for weeks :rotfl:

That also reminds me of this "remix" of Mary Poppins...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

ohh my god I know it has nothing to do with the topic but I love love love the video of the bird stealing the chips in your signature ...funny...:rotfl2:

anyways... the spectro clowns uff ..creepy,and my niece hate the great movie ride shooting scene so much that anitime he gets in a similar car like in ellen universe of energy he cries and cries poor baby!!!

Scared to death only one time. PoC in September of 2006, we were there before MNSSHP started and the ride was acting up. We decided to give it a chance and we paid for that. We got stuck in the part where you are entering the village by where the pirate keeps calling Here Kitty Kitty Kitty and then for what seemed like an eternity in the area where they are singing Yo Ho as loud as you can possibly imagine. I was scared that we were never going to get out of there. It was about a 30 minute delay in the Yo Ho area. pirate:

What scares me? Well those clown things in Spectromagic freak me out!! :scared1: I watched spectromagic once years and years ago, and I can't watch it anymore ... sad yes.. but in my mind those clowns are just freakishly wrong!!!

I'll also agree with this. I wish they'd get rid of those!

I do not like the TIKI ROOM. Birds freak me out, much less singing birds. Nope, won't do it. My husbands loves it (the one at Disneyland, not WDW). The last time we went to DISNEYLAND in 06, he even bought me a dole whip since it is right outside. It didn't help. I still had to cover my head.

I'm not a fan of witches, so the Snow White ride was terrible for me...its still pretty creepy today!

We were at MK last year for the P&PP. My DD5 at the time and I had our run of the rides in Adventureland (Pooh, Peter Pan, etc.). We decided to go on the Snow White ride. My DD didn't like the witches one little bit. She told me that she didn't want to ride that ANYMORE. so we rode Pooh, and Peter Pan several more times (5 min. wait times was awesome).

Oh, almost forgot TOT.. DD5 again.. right at the piont where she was even big enough to ride it. We got on the ride, got the first drop and she went STIFF and Pale white. I'm not sure she even breathed during the entire ride. Scared but scared us even more. I don't think she was ready for that as were we for her reaction. I don't think she's gotten herself ready for TOT just yet. She had a rough trip.. LOL

When I was little (8 years old) my aunt took me to Disneyland...except she didn't want to ride any of the rides with me. She sent me into the Matterhorn ride all alone. I was so scared that I told the CM, "I'm with that family" while pointing to an unsuspecting family, who were shaking there heads, "No, she's not ours!" So, the CM sat in the seat next to me, and rode the Matterhorn along with me! :thumbsup2 ...I'm still bitter towards my aunt for that one!:lmao:

I remember when I first went on Haunted Mansion when I was like 10, and the stretching room made me think the ride was going to be really scary ha ha

I've always found the scene it POTC where there are cannon balls being fired from the ship and splashing into the water next to the boats to be kind of unnerving.:)

I've always found the scene it POTC where there are cannon balls being fired from the ship and splashing into the water next to the boats to be kind of unnerving.:)

My cousin and I screamed and cried all through the "cannonball" scene, because we thought we were going to be sunk. I was 5 or 6 at the time...

Iv'e been in too many hurricanes I guess.

The Blustery Day scene scares the heck out of me. I have to grab onto DH every time. :rotfl2: :lmao: :laughing: :rotfl:

When the rat got into the house.....I've been a freak about rats ever since. I always had nightmares as a kid about rats and those beady little red eyes they had in the movie! My DD6 laughed at me when I told her that story. I asked her, "didn't the rat scene scare you?" She said, "mom the dog saved the baby from that rat." :confused3 :lmao:

I agree! (I wish they's bring back the safe, non-freakish Main Street Electrical Parade!) ....

I ditto that thought - I so miss the Main StreetElectrical Parade, it was just pure goodness, no clowns on smack.

....Oh yeah and the things with those faces from Spectro freak me out to this day.....

....Anyway, I also get completely creeped out about Spectro...

Another person who thinks those Spectromagic guys are creepy. Those smooth white masks call to mind Jason from "Friday the 13th".

I'll also agree with this. I wish they'd get rid of those!

I am so happy I am not alone in my fear of the white masked clownish being..... With so many adults not liking these dudes, doesn't it make you wonder what the kids think of them? :confused3

the last time we were there it was before the show and they were practicing and one motorcycle went off to the side and then u heard CRASH aftr there we heard an ambulance and saw people running with towwels

Yup, that's what I mean--very scary indeed. I sure hope the CM was ok. I never ever want people who try so hard to entertain us to get hurt (or anyone else for that matter.)

Another person who thinks those Spectromagic guys are creepy. Those smooth white masks call to mind Jason from "Friday the 13th".

That is exactly what I hate about them too! On a side note, my hubby came in to see what I was up to and I was telling him about the freaky clowns - so I went to YouTube and showed him the clown (which he agreed was freaky and not Disney). But then I looked at a video for Spectromagic 2008 and it appears the clowns do not have glowing white mask faces anymore - is this true??? Does anyone know? I will be so excited!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter