Scared Silly But Loving It

We got to the airport nice and early. We weighed our suitcase and mine was slightly overweight, but Graham had some weight to spare. So we took a couple of things out of my suitcase and put it into his. Once we had done this, we were going to join the line and were directed to the Upper Class check in. This was very quick and we were on our way. I had a quick look at the two Disney shops and at Lush and then we went through security, which was also very quick and smooth. We found ourselves a seat near our gate. We were treated to a beautiful sunset. At some point I decided that I wanted one last Green Tea Frappuccino and Graham fancied one as well. They had one last pack of the instant Peppermint Mocha that had tempted me all holiday. I figured that was a sign and got it. I still have not tried it, but have to do so soon.

It was quite busy in the gate area, but there were three flights heading out at around the same time: a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt; a Virgin Atlantic flight to Gatwick and us. The other two flights left slight earlier and once they had closed, there were not many people left. When we got on the plane, we were told that there were less than 100 people on board. I don't think I have ever seen a flight quite so empty. We left pretty much on time. Once we were at cruising altitude, they offered a drinks service. They now offer a signature cocktail and I decided to try this. Graham just had some orange juice. Soon afterwards they came round with dinner. I had Chicken Tikka with Rice. Again, the salad was too fancy for me. Graham had some Beef Stew with Mashed Potato and Vegetables. We both had some white wine with dinner. On evening flights they offer tea or hot chocolate after dinner. I had the hot chocolate, which was rather nice.

After dinner I wrapped myself in my blanket and made myself comfortable. I had planned to watch the episodes of Emmerdale that I did not have time for on the flight putt, but they had replaced them with 12 new episodes. So I was very busy. Once I had watched them all, I put on the soundtrack for Les Miserables and settled down for some sleep. Unfortunately this did not last very long. We hit the worst turbulence I have ever encountered. I was hanging on to my seat for dear life. It felt like I was doing the Ride-A-Thon all over again. At some stage it fortunately settled down a bit and I managed to go back to sleep. I was woken up when they brought around breakfast, but I politely declined.

We arrived in Manchester slightly early, but there were no gates available and we were waiting for quite some time. Considering how empty the plane was, I am surprised that they did not just put us on a remote stand and took us to the terminal by bus. Once we finally had a gate, it was smooth sailing. There was no line to speak of at immigration and I decided to try out the E-Gate, which worked very well. Graham and I were through immigration at around the same time and met up again by the staircase that leads down to the baggage hall. We had to wait for a little bit until all of our luggage had arrived. We decided to take the train back home and stretched our legs on the short walk from the station to our flat. Once we arrived, we switched the heating on, put the luggage in the living room and went to bed for some beauty sleep. Another amazing trip had ended.

You're really making me excited to swim in SAB!

Breakfast sounded lovely, the characters in their beach outfits are too cute.

Love all the holiday decorations at both resorts. Everything is so well done and festive. After three December trips we still haven't gotten over to see those resorts. The details in the train set and carousel are just amazing.

That turbulence sounded quite scary!

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful trip :)

Oh nooooo your trip as come to an end :sad2:

Corinna I have thoroughly really enjoyed reading your trip report once again :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Here's to the next one :woohoo:

What a great last day! So sad its over though. That turbulence sounds scary!

Can't wait for your next adventure!

Jill in CO

You're really making me excited to swim in SAB!

Breakfast sounded lovely, the characters in their beach outfits are too cute.

Love all the holiday decorations at both resorts. Everything is so well done and festive. After three December trips we still haven't gotten over to see those resorts. The details in the train set and carousel are just amazing.

That turbulence sounded quite scary!

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful trip :)

Stormalong Bay was really amazing. I am sure I had felt very different about this if it had been very crowded, but this was just pure heaven.

The breakfast at Cape May Cafe was the best character breakfast that I had and I would even go as far as saying that this was one of the best meals I had on Disney property.

The decorations at the Epcot resorts are amazing and I actually like them better than the ones at the monorail resort.

Thanks for following along for the ride.

Oh nooooo your trip as come to an end :sad2:

Corinna I have thoroughly really enjoyed reading your trip report once again :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Here's to the next one :woohoo:

Thanks for reading along. Today it is two months until I get on the Wonder and probably about three months before I get started on the trip report. There will be a little something to tide you over though.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

Thanks for reading along.

What a great last day! So sad its over though. That turbulence sounds scary!

Can't wait for your next adventure!

Jill in CO

This was probably my favourite last day of a trip I ever had. The turbulence was scary and i have to admit I am a little nervous about the next flight. Thanks for reading.

Corinna

I'm sorry the report has come to an end, but it just means we get to hear about your fabulous plans for the next one. Im looking forward to that a we plan on a panama canal cruise in a couple years.

I found the inner tubes in Stormalong Bay quite difficult to manage as well. I look forward to visiting it again in a couple years. Sounds like a nice relaxing last day. The turbulence did not sound like fun at all. That always freaks me out!

I'm really curious. Why did you and Graham go through Immigration separately? My husband and I always went through together, and nobody questioned us doing it.

BOO! Last day. You and Graham look like you had a fantastic time at SAB. It's such a great resort pool and when there are hardly any people in it, it's even better.

Love all the Christmas decorations at BC.

Cape May is an unexpected bonus for breakfast, isn't it? The characters are fantastic and the food is decent.

I'm sorry the report has come to an end, but it just means we get to hear about your fabulous plans for the next one. Im looking forward to that a we plan on a panama canal cruise in a couple years.

I found the inner tubes in Stormalong Bay quite difficult to manage as well. I look forward to visiting it again in a couple years. Sounds like a nice relaxing last day. The turbulence did not sound like fun at all. That always freaks me out!

Thanks for reading along. I hope that you will get some pointers for a future Panama Canal cruise between the pre-trip report and the trip report.

I really enjoyed our brief stay at Beach Club Villas and I hope I will get another chance to stay there in the future.

Corinna

I'm really curious. Why did you and Graham go through Immigration separately? My husband and I always went through together, and nobody questioned us doing it.

Normally we go through immigration together, too. I became a British citizen a little over a year ago and when I got my British passport, I got a biometric passport with a chip in it. Graham got his passport 9 years ago and only has a machine readable passport. Normally I would just have gone through the normal immigration line with him and this is precisely what I did on our last two trips abroad. However, as there was no line to speak off, I decided to try the E-Gate just to see how this works.

Great last day, thanks for sharing, off to read your PTR now.

Thanks for reading along. See you over there.

BOO! Last day. You and Graham look like you had a fantastic time at SAB. It's such a great resort pool and when there are hardly any people in it, it's even better.

Love all the Christmas decorations at BC.

Cape May is an unexpected bonus for breakfast, isn't it? The characters are fantastic and the food is decent.

We did have an amazing time. I am so glad that I gave up on my plans to head to Epcot and make full use of Stormalong Bay.

I love the Christmas decorations at all the Epcot resort. I should have made the time to visit the ones at Boardwalk, too.

The breakfast at Cape May was a lovely surprise. I am sure we will be back.

Thanks for reading.

Corinna

Ahhhh phooey! It's finished but just joined your May cruise thread! Love the photos of SAB! We just booked for September :-)

Cape May looks great! Too good to miss. Remind me where did you originally come from in Europe? How long have you lived in the UK?

Ahhhh phooey! It's finished but just joined your May cruise thread! Love the photos of SAB! We just booked for September :-)

Cape May looks great! Too good to miss. Remind me where did you originally come from in Europe? How long have you lived in the UK?

Congratulations for getting a reservation for Beach Club Villas. We really loved the resort and Stormalong Bay is so much fun. We now had breakfast and dinner at Cape May Cafe and really enjoyed both.

I am originally from Germany and came to the UK in July 1996. So this year it will have been 18 years that I lived here and I was only meant to stay a year ;)

Thanks for reading along. I will see you over at the other side.

Corinna

Congratulations for getting a reservation for Beach Club Villas. We really loved the resort and Stormalong Bay is so much fun. We now had breakfast and dinner at Cape May Cafe and really enjoyed both. I am originally from Germany and came to the UK in July 1996. So this year it will have been 18 years that I lived here and I was only meant to stay a year ;) Thanks for reading along. I will see you over at the other side. Corinna
Germany how wonderful! I only been to Munich but I very much enjoyed it. I went with work and they took me out to a Bavarian restaurant. Women had to serve the men for fun. If a man served himself they played a gong and all the men had to kiss the nearest woman. Guess who that was...all those bushy beards lol..

I recall biting into what appeared to be brown bread. It was anecede omg I hate anecede lol. But oh how I enjoyed all the meat :-)

Can't wait for BCV. See you on The Wonder!

Thanks for the great trip report! I love how you always have so much detail. You must have a great memory!

Germany how wonderful! I only been to Munich but I very much enjoyed it. I went with work and they took me out to a Bavarian restaurant. Women had to serve the men for fun. If a man served himself they played a gong and all the men had to kiss the nearest woman. Guess who that was...all those bushy beards lol..

I recall biting into what appeared to be brown bread. It was anecede omg I hate anecede lol. But oh how I enjoyed all the meat :-)

Can't wait for BCV. See you on The Wonder!

Munich is a beautiful city. I am from Frankfurt, which is not really as glamourous.

Thanks for the great trip report! I love how you always have so much detail. You must have a great memory!

Thanks for reading along. My memory is pretty sharp.

Corinna

Thanks for taking the time to write your trip reports. I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

I've enjoyed reading along, and I'll be sure to check out your new thread. Thanks so much for sharing your trips with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!