Say Please in French - A June 2018 DLP TR *Updated 11/5

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board' started by amazingact21, Aug 22, 2018.

1. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

We might not know a ton of things Evie loves to do at Disney, but we're definitely learning everything she hates!:rotfl2:

It makes me really happy to watch Evie at her gymnastics class. She's so happy during it. I really hope wherever we move next has a similar program that she can continue with.

She used to hate Peter Pan's Flight and tolerates it now, so hopefully Pirates will grow on her. And the WDW version might be better, because it's shorter and not as "scary."

Walt Disney World needs those arcades!! They made moving about a million times easier. ::yes::

MeghanEmily likes this.
  2. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

And during the rain last week they were of great use for people to find shelter and there are several outlets to charge your phone :) #lovethearcades

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

Hi Alicia, just letting you know I joined your TR and I am all caught up. It's interesting to read about DLP. I have fuzzy memories of it since it was 20 years ago I visited. Looking forward to reading more.

5. Canadian Girl 77

Canadian Girl 77 Hoping for some pixie dust

This is great! Where is this blog that keeps getting referenced?

6. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Oh, I didn't know about the outlets. Makes it even better!

:welcome:Thank you for joining and following along! I have felt very lucky to get the opportunity to explore and visit the Disneyland Paris parks over the last few years. It's a beautiful park with fun variations on the classic attractions, however nothing can compare to the WDW parks.

Thanks! It's An Awfully Big Military Adventure It's where I write about my European adventures and life as a military spouse.

7. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up! I always forget to come over to the DLP boards!

What a great trip so far! My family and I only spent all of 5 hours in DLP (we hadnt planned to go at all) so there is so much I need to get back and see! Someday! I really wish we would have done BTMRR and Small World. I have no idea why we skipped BTMRR :confused3 it seems so cool!

8. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

I think I would miss 90% of the threads I follow if I didn't have that watch thread tab at the top of the site! It keeps me organized. :rotfl2:

I feel like Disneyland Paris is set up be taken at a leisurely stroll. I really hope you can get back there one day and see all the little details they've put into the park. And you should definitely go on their version of Thunder Mountain! It loads you in the vehicles in the main part of the park and then you go under the water and the track is in the center of an island. It's so unique!

9. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Well you've just saved my sanity because I never noticed that until you mentioned it! So much easier!!

10. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Aww, poor Evie!! She sounds so much like Delilah. She was so hesitant about everything in Disneyland last year, and although there were a few things she enjoyed, there were so many more she didn't. We are planning to take her with us to Universal next year in September, thinking she will be 40" and be able to actually ride a few things, but I'm so worried she's going to be terrified of everything! Even riding on E.T. this past trip, when the fog starts blowing in it's so loud and all I could think is it might terrify her!!

11. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Haha, it's a game changer for sure! And I love that when you click the links it takes you right to the last unread message. Helps my lazy self out so much!

Aw, man. What a bummer that she didn't like a lot of the DL stuff. Maybe once she's out of the toddler/preschool phase she will discover something in the parks that she likes. With some kids, I've learned, it's just a process of elimination. I have found out more of the things Evie doesn't like than does.
    And you never know, maybe Disney cruises will be her thing!!:rotfl2: