Saving for a trip -- what do you have paid for so far?

Disney4me04

Mouseketeer
We are going October 26-31, 2005

So far I have paid:
1 night of hotel
4 days of mousekeeping tips
28.00 in Disney Dollars
12.00 + in change jar

I know it is not much. But slow and steady wins the race!

I started a change jar at work to. I throw in any change left when I buy lunch or go to the vending machine. Which I am trying to stay far away from.

So how are you doing!

:Pinkbounc Really going to Disney this time!:bounce:

I have 2 nights of the Dolphin hotel saved...I am trying to put $50 per week in an envelope, but even if I don't put in that much I am sure to put something in... I am with you.. Slow and steady!

We leave in less than a month!!!!:Pinkbounc

The following is still unpaid, however the money has been set aside for when the credit cards come due:
  • 1 night at Peabody Hotel
  • 2 nights at Portofino Bay Hotel
  • rental car

I just sealed the last mousekeeping envelope and I have a fistful of $1s for bellhops and skycaps.

I'm starting to get a little excited1 Is it time to start packing yet?

mad4themouse! Yes it is time to start packing! I know I would be.

Have a great trip!

I am going to start that 20.00 a week in an envelope!

This morning I sealed the last mousekeeping envelope. That one I put a 5.00 bill in it.

I have paid for my entire hotel bill, and have 400 in disney dollars.
I have paid for all the tickets except universal.

I also have 900 in cash that is for food (9 days at 100 per day)

I still have about 500 more to go for souvies and mousekeeping and for gas

I only have 3 months left so I think I am doing well.

Aryn

we are going november 28th, - december 2nd, 2005! ( YA, 2005 people!)
i made my ressie for the CR , been paying monthly, so technically - i have 2 1/4 nights paid for ( balance is 453$) LOL
thats all i have now.....as soon as that is paid off ( october - we are skipping june and july disney $$ to go to six flags for a weekend in july)

edited to add: i will watch for a room code next year and hope for more room credit so fultons crab house will be less of a :( on our food money :)

i will keep paying my set amount( $150.00) until january
2005 to get a room credit built up, then i will start buying 1 ticket each month until i have 4 :) by the then it will tax return time and then we will book our flight . i know it sounds daring, but i teach a cake decorating class each month ( sometimes 2,) so that is what i use to pay for disney so i dont have to touch my work money.....not seen means great savings :) ( extra money)

so, after the new year we will really be rocking! Tina

:wave::(:tongue:

Wel should have everything except the car paid before we go. Like mad4themouse we have money set aside to pay the credit card bills when they arrive.

Paid so far:
arline tx
condo (we paid this in full incl. the security deposit to avoid buying multiple bank drafts since we don't have a USA checking account.)
FITS passes
Universal passes

Going in August instead of December made it a bit more difficult to save up enough to cover everything, but my dh is so impressed with what we have managed to pay in advance that he doesn't mind. Sure is a change from coming back from holiday and facing ALL the bills. Ugh. Course I figure if most of the holiday is paid out of my earnings then he should pay for my shopping spree. :hyper:

we are going Aug 31-Sept 5, we have paid plane tickets, 5 day park hopper tickets ,

I have $2600 saved that im hoping will cover the rest,

$500 hotel bill
$150 rental car
food

Kristen

We are going Aug 2-12, and there are 4 of us going.I have paid for the Pop Century Hotel, WDW passes, SW tickets, aifare.

I still need to pay for one AP (to get the rate), and car rental. Also we have scheduled to do the Ice Cream Social, Chef MIckey's CHaracter Bkft, Illuminations Cruise.........all that money is set aside and it is paid for too. After all said and done I have $1475 to take for food, souvineers, etc. Plus I have $135 in my change jar right now, my check next month will add another $150, and I am having a garage sale this weekend.

I think I am over the hump and feeling pretty good about having enough to cover everything.

Personally, I don't book a trip until virtually all of the money is saved. When I have around $3500- 4000 saved, then I know I have enough to book the trip. We usually have a time in mind when we start saving, but I don't make any reservations ahead. When we confirm our dates and DH gets an okay for the vacation time, then we start looking for cheap airfare first, along with hotel room codes and car rental codes. Usually this is about 3- 5 months or so in advance of the trip. Then I transfer whatever $$ I need into my checking account and pay for things as needed with my Visa check card. I also make note in my savings passbook of what I am withdrawing the $$ for so I don't wonder where it all went!! Right now I am hoping to talk DH into a January 2005 trip. But not sure he will go for it, so I am holding off hope for a November 2005 if January isn't a go. I have over $2300 saved already, so I am quite sure we will have enough for January barring any unforeseen emergencies........................P

i wanted to add that we tried to save a lump sum up before we starting booking- but that did not work for us.....we are very poor savers and this is teh best option for us.
my DH and also can take vacation whenever we want...we both run our own businesses ( i also work partime, very casual) DH runs a roofing comapny and i run a wedding cake business so winter is a awesome time for us to go- not many people get married or get new roofs when its 35 degrees outside! :)

Tina

We leave in 25 days - YIPPEE!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc . So far we have the room and tickets paid for. We have the money for everything else put aside. Thinking of charging on the disney visa and paying it off later like some other people have stated. Gotta get those disney points!!!

For my WDW trip I have the following paid for:
My half of the room
My airfare
My Mickey's Halloween Party Ticket

I plan on paying for this August: my half of towncar & park ticket, & $100 or so for souvenir money

Since it's just me and not the whole fam, I can just get $200 or so cash out of the bank before I go for food. I might save $100 in Sept and $100 in October.

I'm *hoping* that perhaps Disney will do another military salute type of offer on the tickets, as they have recently done so for hotel rooms. DH will be on active duty for 5 weeks in Aug & Sept for special training and we would qualify.

For my Disneyland trip:
I have the $ for the hotel room set aside ($200)
We are buying the park tickets later this month
I already had gas money budgeted as I decided long ago I was going to California that week anyway; just need an extra $60 or so to get to Disneyland & back to my parents house.
And since it's just me and my two young boys, I should only need about $200 for food and souvenir $ (they eat quite simply and there just are NOT the same dining choices at DL; which is fine for this trip).

from 2003, so we have the funds available. So far, I have purchased the airline tickets, one night deposit on AS Movies, a few Rest.com gift certs and most of the new clothes, pins, surprises & stuff we will pack for our Sept trip. DH and I will use our existing APs, and DD1 will not require any tickets. We still need to purchase/take $ for- AP for DD11, room balance (waiting for discounts), snacks, car rental, food (will order some meal vouchers), taxi to airport, tips, souvenier $. Can't wait!

We leave Aug 25 for 5 nights. Paid for is:

Airfare
Hotel (via priceline)
Park Tickets
Pal Mickey (shhhh...suprise for DS)
Misc Stuff (Rain Ponchos, Unofficial Guide, Sunscreen)

Everything else (food, spending, rental car) is saved away using the ING Account and a paid down credit card.

We leave 9/26, and none of this is paid, but it's what we have enough saved for so far:

7/5 package at ASMo-1302.55
Tiffany towncar - $100 (I think it's $95, but a little extra in case)
Airfare from CMH to MCO - around $800/dh paid for it
MNSSHP tickets - $93 and some change
and I have about $600 of our food/spending $ saved, still working on that

We don't use credit card for vacation, except what we have saved already. I put the package on the cc, will pay it off when the bill comes, that kind of thing.

Steph

We leave in 6 days - and everything is already pre-paid for except for our universal tickets, which we'll purchase when we go - hotel is paid, airfare HAS been paid since November, 5 day PHP bought about a month ago.

We have the money for our towncar/van and our food money saved already. In fact - going to bank today to probably pull it out.

I have to admit - this is the first vacation we've ever taken where our stay has been PAID FOR IN ADVANCE. We've travelled extensively for dance competitions for about 12 years. And this is the first time - the only money I'm bringing is food and spending.

FEELS WONDERFUL.

We leave in August and have the following paid for:

Airfare for 4 from Boston to Tampa and Orlando to Boston
Fun Cards X4 for Busch Gardens Tampa
Serengeti Tour and Dinner at BGT
Annual passes X4 for WDW
Single day ticket to SeaWorld X4
One night deposit at CSR
14 QC vouchers
4 breakfast vouchers
Entertainment book for Tampa-St. Pete area

Still need to pay

Balance of CSR (11 nites)
Motel in Clearwater Beach (5 nites)
Kennel for darling dachshund
Rental car in Tampa and Orlando
Airport van
Food not covered by vouchers
Tips
Souvenirs

We are going Nov.20-27 and we have paid for so far:
4 nites at POFQ
1 nite at Royal Pacific(property onsite at Universal)
Flex tickets x4 for Universal/IOA
Airfare from OKC to MCO x4
Rental car from Alamo
Child park hopper for WDW
1,000.00 for food/souvies

Unpaid is
2 adult park hoppers for WDW
2 nites at Royal Pacific(we have this paid for but have not called hotel yet to have it put on credit card)

We all even have new clothes and shoes for this trip!I am totally excited to have almost the entire paid for in full and still have 5 months to go.

Could someone fill me in on mousekeeping?What is this and how much do i give?
Thanks in advance.

I'm such a slacker! I leave in exactly 5 months and all I've paid for so far is 1 night room deposit. I do have about $50 saved up in a change jar. I'm going to buy plane tix soon I think. And park tix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter