Saving for a trip -- what do you have paid for so far?

You guys are all making me feel so guilty.... we are charging the whole thing. Hopefully we will pay it off with DH's end of year bonus. If not.... i won't lose too much sleep..... I am going to Disney world!!!!

we are DVC Members so our hotel is actually being paid each month when I pay my DVC Bill. Then when I decide when we are going I go online and start looking for airline prices. I watch them and book them and pay for them when the price is right. Next since we usually stay between 10-12 days I save for 3 annual passes then either go to the DS to get them or order them online too. so by the time we are ready to leave the only expense we have left is spending cash/tips/etc. This usually works very good for us. Sometimes I even try to buy some Disney Dollars and put them away before the trip.....they don't spend like regular dollars at home!!

8 days at FW-paid via credit card waiting for the bill

Set aside 2000.00 for food (nine of us- MH trip for two weeks)

Park Hopper passes (unused days from last trip) and Blizzard Beach passes thanks to someones kindness!

Put aside (sale from disney store) - toy and t-shirt for the three younger kids, glow necklaces and disney personal light up fans for all six kids. Also started to get snack items for trip put aside.

Still need Gatroland tickets (really cheap), Two park hopper passes for DD (turned 4) and DNiece. Spending money and Rent-a-car and Gas money lets hope the prices keep going down!! I think that is all leaving in August. Although I cut some activities from our trip like Universal and I went from Mickeys Backyard BBQ to Ice Cream Social to make it easier on the budget. I was really worried there that I wasn't going to make it, but after making a few adjustments and some great tips and encouragement from this website, I feel MUCH better!!

DH and I paid for:
1) Airline tickets
2) Two 1 day passes to US
3) APs
4) About $650.00 towards hotel
5) 14 Q & C Meal Vouchers and 2 breakfast vouchers
6) $100 Disney dollars
7) Reserved rental car (not paid for yet)

We also just counted our change and found that we had $90.00 so we are going to cash it in for more disney dollars.
Good luck planning and saving everyone!!! :rotfl:

We're leaving November 19th and getting there November 20th for a 7 night stay. I have 4 nights paid for at the Pop Century and about $125 in Disney Reward Points. I'm hoping to have lots more when it comes closer to the departure date. That's about all we've done but I have the money for the 5 day PH's in the savings. I hope to do a garage sale and get some more money for the trip.

Cindy

So far I have paid for one of our 4 nights at the CR (have space on the Disney VISA if we don't get all the $$ saved before Dec. for the other three nights)
I have $$ for our refillable mugs. Each kids has at least $25 saved for souvenirs(amounts vary based on individual kid's spending habits, but I made them each leave $25). I have our MVMCP tickets which I paid for with my debit card (they came yesterday!) and enough $$ in savings for our park tickets (which DH needs to get from work), the road trip there and back, and most-if not all-of our meals. I also have about $60 in Disney Visa reward dollars which we are planning to use at Chef Mickey's.
Thanks for this thread, after reading most of it yesterday-it motivated me to see how much we have paid for so far.

Originally posted by mickeymousefan
You guys are all making me feel so guilty.... we are charging the whole thing. Hopefully we will pay it off with DH's end of year bonus. If not.... i won't lose too much sleep..... I am going to Disney world!!!!

Don't feel too guilty-our Dream Maker package balance is going on DH's Disney Visa cc and our Disney cruise balance is going on my Disney Visa so we have 6 months at 0% interest to pay it off-nice.:) We have the $ but figure why not get the rewards dollars and keep the cash in ING or our money market!

Just had to post to pat myself on the back. We returned Wednesday night from a 7 night trip for 4 and I made it all the way without charging anything on the credit cards. Of course it was close but I made it with $26 to spare.

I originally charged our plane fare, PI & DQ tickets but sent a check to the credit card company as soon as I purchased them.

Even though it rained a lot we still had a great trip. My son is older and prefers Universal so this was sort of a farewell trip to WDW. At least it's cheaper to do Universal. My next visit to WDW will be a solo visit for me which has it's advantages.

Carolyn

Good going folks!

We go in November and drive down, BIL is going with me and DH for the first time. Here is the plan:

1. Just bought brand new car to drive down (used $3400 in GM rebate $$, got a great deal and paid cash).

2. Two APs paid for, vouchers in hand. (BIL is getting his own).

3. $200 room deposit paid, balance will post to credit card at check in and we will pay off when the bill comes (awaiting some awesome AP rates for November!!).

4. Using AAA Diamond Advantage Card vouchers for advance purchase of Kennedy Space Center tickets.

5. I have enough Marriott Reward points to cover two rooms on the road each way.

6. Trip gifts paid for--matching Disney Ts and Scattered Mickey beach towels for each of us (great sale at Disney Store online!)

7. I have a load of MyPoints which I will redeem for gas cards and Starbucks cards.

8. About $1300 in the giant crayon bank (we save change, singles and "found" money like expense checks and bonuses).

As first-time AP buyers, we feel great about having park admissions paid for the two trips we have planned in 2005.

We have the room paid for (DVC) and yesterday I scored fab airfare from SWA. I have an AP, and we have enough days left of various tickets for everyone else, so they are paid for already.

Now to save for the rental van, FOOD, which this year is $$$ because of the F&W fest. YUMMY! And knick knacks. AKA PINS!! I only have 50 bucks in my pin jar. Gotta start scrimping on the weekly food budget at home and toss the extra in there. LOL

I also need to buy Disney Dollars for the girls. They love doing extra chores to earn DD, but I must show them the money!

So I have about $1500 more to save by October.

If Play 4 passes come out the year we go....and I know they will, ;) then I have those paid for already! If not, I have one of our 4 day hopper passes paid for! :teeth: It's awesome looking at things that way. :hyper:

OK, you guys are REALLY starting to depress me.

Back to the big job change that took place in our family - blew our budget due to increased insurance premiums & co-pays & deductibles. That blew it all.

BUT - so far have paid for:
5 day passes to Universal ($89 ea x 2)
10 day Worldpasses to Disney ($327?? x 2)
Airline tix on Midwest Express ($278 x 2) (now at $445 each!!!!)
$50 Kitchen GC (HardRock Hotel)
$25 Hard Rock Cafe GC
$200 in cash
$10 in Disney Dollars
1 nite @ Royal Pacific
1 nite @ Swan

WHAT DO I HAVE YET????
Rental Car - 2 weeks $358
2 nites @ RP @ $164 + tax per night
10 nites @ Swan (discount rate)
Meals for the remainder of the stay (have Club level at Swan for breakfast)
Gas for rental car

Originally posted by jgates
OK, you guys are REALLY starting to depress me.

Back to the big job change that took place in our family - blew our budget due to increased insurance premiums & co-pays & deductibles. That blew it all.

BUT - so far have paid for:
5 day passes to Universal ($89 ea x 2)
10 day Worldpasses to Disney ($327?? x 2)
Airline tix on Midwest Express ($278 x 2) (now at $445 each!!!!)
$50 Kitchen GC (HardRock Hotel)
$25 Hard Rock Cafe GC
$200 in cash
$10 in Disney Dollars
1 nite @ Royal Pacific
1 nite @ Swan

WHAT DO I HAVE YET????
Rental Car - 2 weeks $358
2 nites @ RP @ $164 + tax per night
10 nites @ Swan (discount rate)
Meals for the remainder of the stay (have Club level at Swan for breakfast)
Gas for rental car

I beg your pardon!!!! :rolleyes: What you have paid for is NOTHING to be depressed about!! :teeth: That is excellent work....EXCELLENT!!

Denise :wave: :sunny:

We're at WDW 9 full days and got a package (the 7 for 5 deal) plus a 1 night room only ressie which were paid off a couple of months ago. Airfare was paid for last October. Paid 1 night HRH but still have 2 more nights to pay. Universal tickets were purchased 6 months ago. Still need to pay for minivan rental, 1 night stay at Embassy Suites MCO and 3 nights stay at Embassy Suites Deerfield (near Boca Raton) and limo transfer. I'm cashing out some of my vacation hours since I have a ton and putting that towards the aforementioned miscellaneous expenses. I have a holiday account that's specifically for spending money (food, souvies, etc). A cash only vacation is the best way to go for our family.

This board is keeping me super motivated! I was motivated before but now I really am trying to "find" more money! I saved $60 at the grocery store with loyalty savings and coupons... Guess where that $60 is going??!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter