SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

There are actually two walking paths at SF--one is very short (like 10 minutes) and the other is very long (like 30 minutes) and will take you all the way to Aventura and Cabana Bay!! We made that mistake one night and I pulled my achilles tendon from the hike :( Oops. Good thing our trip was almost over at that point.

Someone mentioned thin walls a page or two ago, and I can confirm now that the walls are pretty thin. I was in the bathroom one evening and could hear a child in the shower of the room next to me. He really wanted his mom to just get him a washcloth! We also heard kids running up and down the hallways a lot and got woken up around 6:30 AM on our checkout morning from the other room next door getting their suitcases out of their room.

Oh, and I murdered the alarm clock one morning because a previous guest had set the alarm clock for 6 AM and didn't undo it before they checked out! I couldn't figure out how to make it stop so I just unplugged all the wires, bahahaha.

It was a lovely room and resort, though!

We were a little confused about the level of service, too. We usually stay at Portofino Bay, so we were really surprised when the staff at Sapphire Falls insisted on carrying our luggage for us when we checked in and out (you seemingly have to let them do this, even though we were happy to just cart our stuff ourselves). It all seemed very high class, which we weren't expecting from this resort when we never had that kind of treatment at PB, ha!
So which is the short path from the parks to Sapphire?

Has anyone had a cabana recently? Is there service? What are the included perks? Water, etc. Current price? There's a tv as well, I think. We want a cabana to watch the opening day of the Masters - is there ESPN, CBS and Golf Channel available? Any insight is appreciated!

Can`t help with the prices as our Cabana was gifted to us by a friend at the hotel, but you get plenty of waters, cokes and sprites in the fridge.

You get a fruit plate and I believe there is a $25 credit for food you order from the Drhum Club.

There is a phone you can call the bar to order anything you want, but the staff do check on you regularly. Our cabana was to the back and we liked that as it was out of the way a little, so quiet.

There is a tv and an air conditioning unit in the cabana too. No idea on the channels on offer as we didn`t really watch it.

Re: Cabana Rental. I know that the Rates vary by season. But for April we were told $200 or $225 to be closer to the pool. As an FYI - pool hopping privilege does not include Cabana Rental. You can only rent a cabana at the resort where you're a registered guest. We were hoping to be able to try out other resorts' cabanas as well but - no dice!

Has anyone booked SF through Amex Travel’s The Luxury Hotel Collection? I’m booked through it for a 2 night stay and see it comes with a $100 credit for resort dining and I was wondering if there are exclusions? (like at Portofino the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts $100 credit isn’t valid at Bice because it’s not owned by Universal).

I would very much like to know about the noise issue in the Sapphire Falls Pool View rooms, too. My husband loves pool view but after our horrifically LOUD experience over Christmas with a pool view room at Hard Rock, I'm hesitant to try that category at another hotel - well, other than Cabana Bay where we know it's fine in the exterior entry rooms. TIA!
Here now, it’s not bad. It’s been raining off and on today, but there have been people in the pool all day. We are on the 6th floor so that may make a difference.

A room that isn't very sound proof can ruin a vacation and unfortunately most are not. My most precious travel item is a small sound machine. I have been traveling with one for years and have never had an issue with being disturbed by noise. We even had a room right above a very big, very loud, very loooong, outdoor mexican beach wedding and it was a non-issue. I can't recommend traveling with one enough.

Do you need to make dinner reservations to dine at Strong Water Tavern or Amatista if it’s not a holiday busy time?

Do you need to make dinner reservations to dine at Strong Water Tavern or Amatista if it’s not a holiday busy time?
I highly doubt it. Definitely not at Strong Water Tavern although now and then conventions are going on. Last few trips we’ve walked right in and that occurred on weekend evenings. Haven’t been to Amatista yet.

Strong Water no, but you can make reservations for Amatista.

Amatista can get busy in the evenings, we`ve seen it both busy and quiet on non holiday evenings, so while I`d say booking isn`t essential, you can make one on the same day.

Hi. When were the rooms last renovated/refurbished? The pictures on page 1 of this thread, from 2016, match the current pictures on their website. Six years is a long time.

Or does anyone know if they are planning to do a refresh and do you know when?

Thanks.

We were there the end of March in a pool view 2 queen in Guest house 2, the room was in good condition. They were repainting/ freshening up the hallway on at least one of the days. I’m thinking keeping the place fresh is an ongoing thing. We were also there last July and October in 2 queen rooms also in Guest House 2, neither room looked worn. The beds are great.

Did Amatista take the crab cake sandwich off the menu? Some older menus and food posts show a crab cake sandwich. I actually don't see that on Mythos menu either and I'm pretty sure I had that last time. I guess one of the City Walk restaurants to get my crab fix there?

So, I can now share some news….but our very good friend Lenny is leaving Strong Water Bar soon :sad1: :sad1:

He’s moving on to pastures new but he will be missed massively in Strong Water, he is part of what makes it such a fabulous place. He has been an amazing rum captain, barman and general fabulous guy all round.

We still have the pleasure of being able to keep in touch and will see him for dinner and stuff when we visit, but he will be a loss in the best bar in Orlando.

Of course we wish him all the best :hug:

So, I can now share some news….but our very good friend Lenny is leaving Strong Water Bar soon :sad1: :sad1:

He’s moving on to pastures new but he will be missed massively in Strong Water, he is part of what makes it such a fabulous place. He has been an amazing rum captain, barman and general fabulous guy all round.

We still have the pleasure of being able to keep in touch and will see him for dinner and stuff when we visit, but he will be a loss in the best bar in Orlando.

So sad but happy for him. He mentioned this to us a few months ago but nothing was definite. Bummer… Lenny made the best gin drinks for me when I asked for recommendations of gin-based drinks: French 75 and The Last Word. Such a wonderful, friendly personality.

So sad but happy for him. He mentioned this to us a few months ago but nothing was definite. Bummer… Lenny made the best gin drinks for me when I asked for recommendations of gin-based drinks: French 75 and The Last Word. Such a wonderful, friendly personality.

He is, we’ve known for a while it was happening but until he made it public we wouldn’t say of course, he’ll be missed but, we’ll still see him privately which makes us happy.

so glad you can keep in contact! Tases people always hold a special place in our hearts! we sorely miss our special friend at the bar at wilderness lodge.. knew her for years and we always had a great time talking about our families and such got to know her pretty well was like meeting up with a friend each visit. unfortunately, we lost touch with her and lost the facebook address given to us to stay in contact with her when she left WL to go work in Epcot rest bar. So we know how you feel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter