SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

@patster734 - Are the hotel walls just as thin as Cabana Bay resort? We've noticed you can hear just about anything at CB. We love CB and have stayed there 3-4 times in the past, wanting to try something new! Thanks for any help.

I have never stayed at Cabana Bay, but I have stayed at Sapphire 6 nights. I am a light sleeper and there were no issues. Stays were in July and October- so busy times. We are heading back next month. :-)

@patster734 - Are the hotel walls just as thin as Cabana Bay resort? We've noticed you can hear just about anything at CB. We love CB and have stayed there 3-4 times in the past, wanting to try something new! Thanks for any help.

I can sometimes hear people in the hallway, and I believe the room across the hallway is the storage room, and I can hear the workers occasionally opening and shutting that door. Fortunately, neither situation disturbs my sleep. We have a corner room, so one side never has sound, and I haven’t noticed any sounds from the opposite wall. And as I’m typing this, a toilet flushed somewhere.

I can sometimes hear people in the hallway, and I believe the room across the hallway is the storage room, and I can hear the workers occasionally opening and shutting that door. Fortunately, neither situation disturbs my sleep. We have a corner room, so one side never has sound, and I haven’t noticed any sounds from the opposite wall. And as I’m typing this, a toilet flushed somewhere.

There’s a party going on! 8:45PM at night and the music is easily reaching the 5 floor. Hopefully, it doesn’t last too long.

D1394939-E7DD-4428-9EAC-759798B872C5.jpeg

I would say they’re pretty thin. I stayed on the “dog floor” (first floor of tower 2) and, while you can hear a lot of dogs barking while walking down the hall, the only ones I could hear when actually in my room were the ones directly on either side of my room, I think because of the connecting doors (my room had two, one on each side). Could also hear dogs barking directly outside my window (we faced the dog walk). Mine won’t start the barking, but they will bark some if they hear other dogs, so I had to try and keep the TV on all night to drown out the other dog noises. Seemed to work ok. we never heard people through either wall. Just the pups. However, we then moved to Disney and stayed at a hotel there with outside entrances and we heard EVERYTHING. Even had a corner room and didn’t matter - head everyone walking by, luggage carts and all, past the outer wall and could hear word-for-word conversations through the wall shared with another room. SF was definitely better for sound than Disney (one of many reasons why we are returning there next trip and skipping the mouse altogether).

Hello! If we get there in the morning, will they hold our luggage so we can we use the pool? And for check out day would they do the same?

My only other question is the laundry, is that something I can easily do myself on site or is it a special service they offer

Hello! If we get there in the morning, will they hold our luggage so we can we use the pool? And for check out day would they do the same?

My only other question is the laundry, is that something I can easily do myself on site or is it a special service they offer

Yes they will hold your luggage on both days.

There is a large laundry room on the ground floor that has loads of washers and dryers. It takes cash and credit cards.

Just finished walking around the resort, even took the inside walkway to Royal Pacific (even though there was a private event occurring in the conference rooms and hallways). The gym and game room can be accessed on level 2 underneath the lobby, next to the pool access. They are easily accessed by taking the circle stairs.

Just finished walking around the resort, even took the inside walkway to Royal Pacific (even though there was a private event occurring in the conference rooms and hallways). The gym and game room can be accessed on level 2 underneath the lobby, next to the pool access. They are easily accessed by taking the circle stairs.
Do you happen to know if the inside walkway is open late at night? Where is the access from SF?

Do you happen to know if the inside walkway is open late at night? Where is the access from SF?

I believe so. Not sure how they would block it as it is a series of hallways and escalators. Start On the 4th floor near the lobby. Head past the gift shop and Dutch Trading Company, and you’ll come to the split to Guest House 3 (left) and the ballrooms (right). Go right, and follow the 2 hallways to the escalator. At this point, you should start seeing directions to RPR. That escalator should take you to the walkway over a road, and once crossed, you will be in the Royal Pacific. Keep following the hallway to another escalator. At that point, follow the hallways so that you exit near the Royal Pacific boat dock. You’ll pass a lot of conference rooms on your journey.

I believe so. Not sure how they would block it as it is a series of hallways and escalators. Start On the 4th floor near the lobby. Head past the gift shop and Dutch Trading Company, and you’ll come to the split to Guest House 3 (left) and the ballrooms (right). Go right, and follow the 2 hallways to the escalator. At this point, you should start seeing directions to RPR. That escalator should take you to the walkway over a road, and once crossed, you will be in the Royal Pacific. Keep following the hallway to another escalator. At that point, follow the hallways so that you exit near the Royal Pacific boat dock. You’ll pass a lot of conference rooms on your journey.
Awesome thanks so much! We’re headed there soon so will try it out. It might make it nice if there’s weather issues and we decide to go for our late night burger at Jake’s @ RPR 😃.

I believe so too. We had dinner at Islands Dining Room and headed back late-ish (9:30?). The whole convention area was deserted both ways and was frankly confusing. The SF end of it was straightforward enough, but the RP side was more convoluted.

So I see tons of people recommending people take the SF boats if staying at adventura or even off site and directing them to Uber to SF or park there (which I think is odd but anyway). Does all this extra traffic make the boat lines long before early entry or park open? I tho k we will probably walk as we usually did from RPR but I am curious about lines.

So I see tons of people recommending people take the SF boats if staying at adventura or even off site and directing them to Uber to SF or park there (which I think is odd but anyway). Does all this extra traffic make the boat lines long before early entry or park open? I tho k we will probably walk as we usually did from RPR but I am curious about lines.
We have yet to take a SF boat and we’ve stayed there a couple of times but when we've looked, the line never appeared long. We also noticed one boat after another boat comes for guests.

We have yet to take a SF boat and we’ve stayed there a couple of times but when we've looked, the line never appeared long. We also noticed one boat after another boat comes for guests.

That’s good to hear. I was just wondering how efficient it was. We only ever took it a couple of times from RPR but this resort is slightly longer walk so might take the boat more often.

That’s good to hear. I was just wondering how efficient it was. We only ever took it a couple of times from RPR but this resort is slightly longer walk so might take the boat more often.
…And depending on your room location at SF, it’s not a bad walk. We were at the end of guest house 2 and averaged a 10 minute walk to the security check point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter