San Diego Cruises 2021

Thanks for the update! I sail on the 15th and I check every day to see if I’m cleared…but I know it will likely take a couple more weeks.

Since you are on the 1st real Wonder cruise, it would be great if you could report back with any details! Ship capacity, port testing/boarding, Halloween activities, etc.

Have a great cruise!
Thanks, I will do my best! 😊

I am hearing from a very reputable source that the 3N after the 4N has less than 500 passengers.

I am hearing from a very reputable source that the 3N after the 4N has less than 500 passengers.

Wow! I’m not that surprised though…they added it so last minute and it’s mid-week when kids are in school. I made the mistake of looking up the cost to change my cruise to that one…same room was $750 less. :crazy2:

Couldn’t bring myself to switch so close to sailing…I’m an insane planner and it would have been too stressful.

Wow! I’m not that surprised though…they added it so last minute and it’s mid-week when kids are in school. I made the mistake of looking up the cost to change my cruise to that one…same room was $750 less. :crazy2:

Couldn’t bring myself to switch so close to sailing…I’m an insane planner and it would have been too stressful.

Yeah, I was so tempted by that cruise too, we were switching from the cancelled 9/24 cruise and would've gotten very nice incentives for switching to the new 3 night but ultimately the mid-week was just not gonna work for us. Oh well - I'm still beyond excited that it looks like our new cruise is actually going to happen!

I took the credit from our modified 7N, booked the 3N, and had a big credit left over! Totally surprised. For all the reasons you mention I figured it would be "light", but this is nuts. My wife looked at the various room classes on deck 8, and it's basically empty.

Just sharing a bit of update about the pre-testing at the Intercontinental across from the port for those 11 and under, on the DCL website it is worded like you just go down, pay for the test and have it done there between noon and 7pm, that they are open starting 3 days prior to each sailing. So thought that sounded great, same price as the home kit which has had some issues according to other posters. I called their number to see if Level 4 was in the hotel or just conveniently in a parking structure, if an appointment was needed, and was going to ask if then the results still needed to be uploaded to the safe passage site, never got to that last question. Apparently despite the wording on 'before you leave' You do need an appt and you pre-pay, I was fine with that, but then it gets more complicated, she explained you need to order the home testing kit, pay for it, and that would then give you access to the appt options. I told her I was not comfortable paying for the home testing kit and then hope that I got to chose an appt instead, but she said there is no work around. You pay for the home testing kit First, not the option of an appt or kit. If someone else gives this a try hopefully they can come back and let everyone know it works but even though it costs more, I decided to go back to an independent tester, rather than risk getting just that kit. But did want to share that Inspire Diagnostics says, that you cannot just show up without pre-paying and that convoluted method is their only way of making an appt.

I'm sailing on the 5th, and my uploaded docs are still pending approval. I only booked this last week, so am not sure I fully understand what to expect on port arrival. I have an 11:15 arrival time. We'll be covid tested first, then sent to a waiting area somewhere to await our test results. Is that right? We won't go to any desk to check in, just board the ship when the app gives us the all clear? or is there still a check in desk to show our boarding docs to? I printed mine out, but is it just the scan thing they need (which is on my phone) or the whole form? I think I read somewhere we won't get our KTTW card until we get into our cabin. Does this all sound like I've got it right? Any idea what time we'll be allowed to board? (Also, remind me what time rooms are usually ready, and does anyone know what the gold level gift is?) thanks!

Thanks, I will do my best! 😊

Wow! I just booked that cruise last week. No wonder I can't find any cruise groups for it! Fine with me-It's my first solo cruise, and I just want to hang out by the pool-Though it's probably 500 adults and there won't be anywhere to sit in the adults only area! First cruise without my daughter, who has school, so my first chance ever to hang out in that section!

I'm sailing on the 5th, and my uploaded docs are still pending approval. I only booked this last week, so am not sure I fully understand what to expect on port arrival. I have an 11:15 arrival time. We'll be covid tested first, then sent to a waiting area somewhere to await our test results. Is that right? We won't go to any desk to check in, just board the ship when the app gives us the all clear? or is there still a check in desk to show our boarding docs to? I printed mine out, but is it just the scan thing they need (which is on my phone) or the whole form? I think I read somewhere we won't get our KTTW card until we get into our cabin. Does this all sound like I've got it right? Any idea what time we'll be allowed to board? (Also, remind me what time rooms are usually ready, and does anyone know what the gold level gift is?) thanks!

I think we're all in the same boat, no pun intended. These are the first cruises out of San Diego, so we've got a lot to learn. Just make sure to print out your port arrival forms (as backup), and remember to bring your passport and vaccine documentation. We will be tested, but after that I am not sure what will happen. I'll be posting my experiences over in https://www.disboards.com/threads/san-diego-oct-1-oct-5-b2b.3854258/ so keep an eye on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter