Sammy Duvalls - Parasailing Questions

h&D3

Mouseketeer
I emailed Sammy's with these questions, but I just got their standard reply email back.... and they didn't answer some of my questions. SO, I'm hoping that someone else may be able to provide me some answers....

My DS would like to parasail for his 12th birthday (we will be down there on his actual birthday) He weighs enough for the single person flyer, so that is not an issue. (he's about 5'6" or 5'7" and about 130#+ so he is not a little kid for being almost 12.... He's going to be one tall adult... just like mom and dad!)

I have the following questions that I am trying to figure out....

1.) What times does the parasailing run during the day? For those of you who have done this, what time do you/did you prefer? I was thinking first thing in the AM due to the unpredictable Florida weather in August.

2.) Our daughter who is 6 also wants to try this.... she will do a tandem with DH. What happens if she chickens out and we've paid for a tandem flight. I suppose that DS and DH could do it together. But they might be pretty close to the weight limits... (my son and DH are not small people!)

3.) What is the refund/cancellation policy

4.) How far in advance can I make reservations? Do I pay in full now, or is it held on a credit card until the actual day?

5.) I would like to be on the boat to get some video but they told me that flyers take priority. Has anyone ever been denied to board the boat IF the rest of their family is flying. I'm not sure if I am brave enough to do this.... I think once I would be up there I would be fine... it's just the getting up there point that scares me..... I think the video and photos would be spectacular from up there.

6.) How far up do they actually take you? Is it in feet or is it rope length that they figure this from? (not sure what that means but my DH said for me to ask)

Any other tips that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!
~D

I emailed Sammy's with these questions, but I just got their standard reply email back.... and they didn't answer some of my questions. SO, I'm hoping that someone else may be able to provide me some answers....

My DS would like to parasail for his 12th birthday (we will be down there on his actual birthday) He weighs enough for the single person flyer, so that is not an issue. (he's about 5'6" or 5'7" and about 130#+ so he is not a little kid for being almost 12.... He's going to be one tall adult... just like mom and dad!) My DS 16 and DD 14 LOVED parasailing at the Contemporary. Your 12 year old will love it!

I have the following questions that I am trying to figure out....

1.) What times does the parasailing run during the day? For those of you who have done this, what time do you/did you prefer? I was thinking first thing in the AM due to the unpredictable Florida weather in August. I am not sure of their hours, I called Sammy's and asked the rep, when we made our reservation. We also went in Aug (2012). The reservation was for 1:30 and they had to arrive at 1:15 to fill out paperwork We found the typical daily Floriday thunderstorm to come around 4-5PM, so we wanted them to be done way before then.

2.) Our daughter who is 6 also wants to try this.... she will do a tandem with DH. What happens if she chickens out and we've paid for a tandem flight. I suppose that DS and DH could do it together. But they might be pretty close to the weight limits... (my son and DH are not small people!) DH told me that they did not pay for the flight until they signed up for the ride right before they took off. I would call Sammy's to verify that payment is still due right before you take off.

3.) What is the refund/cancellation policy It was 24hours

4.) How far in advance can I make reservations? Do I pay in full now, or is it held on a credit card until the actual day? I made our reservation for August in June and did not give my credit card info. I did tell them at the time of the reservation that I had a coupon from the Official Burnham's guide book

5.) I would like to be on the boat to get some video but they told me that flyers take priority. Has anyone ever been denied to board the boat IF the rest of their family is flying. I'm not sure if I am brave enough to do this.... I think once I would be up there I would be fine... it's just the getting up there point that scares me..... I think the video and photos would be spectacular from up there. My DH got on the boat to take videos and pics, I think it was an additional fee?? I am not positive though

6.) How far up do they actually take you? Is it in feet or is it rope length that they figure this from? (not sure what that means but my DH said for me to ask) There are different prices for different heights and times. My family bought the highest and longest flight, I think it was 750 feet for 30-40 minutes.

Any other tips that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!
~D

I can answer some of your questions, but not all as my family went parasailing while I did the Backstage Magic tour.

We were staying at the YC and the tour takes off from the Contemporary marina. The easiest way to get to there was a Taxi. I am not sure where you are staying or if you have a car. Drive your self if possible, Taxi next or if your staying at a Monorail resort take the monorail.

The kids have been parasailing before and really loved this one. You take off from the boat and land on the boat. They said it was smooth and fun.

Hi there! My 6 yr old DD and I just did the parasailing in September. I had booked it online through their website a few months prior. In July, there was an Orlando Groupon for Sammy Duvall's parasailing so that was a nice discount. Sign up for the Groupon alerts since I they do pop up from time to time.

We did the Deluxe Flight which takes you up 600 feet for 10-12 minutes. We had also bought the photo package for $25 but since we had booked the first flight of the day (9:00 am), the camera hadn't adjusted to the heat yet and they weren't able to get any pictures. They happily refunded us the $25 though.

My DD had been saving and waiting to do this for months (well really she wanted to go skydiving so this was a nice starter LOL) and she loved it. I thought it was fun too. There is a great view up there and it is just so quiet. It runs from 9 am to about 4ish. There was another couple on the bot with us. So we had my family of 4 and the couple who were all allowed to ride the boat although only 3 of us were actually parasailing at no extra charge.

All of the Sammy Duvall employees were super nice. I would think that if your DD did decide to not do it, then they would refund you. Also, your DS and DH may be able to ride together. We were told that depending on wind conditions, etc that they can allow higher weight limits to fly together.

When I booked, they didn't ask for a credit card or anything. We didn't pay until we got there that morning. You can choose the 450 feet for 8-10 minutes or the 600 feet for 10-12 minutes.

Most of your questions have been answered already but I'll fill in what I can:)

DH and ds (8) went in the summer and loved it!!
We used a Groupon that was offered for Orlando last June or July so we booked quite close to the actual date. My husband and son went on their own and booked the first appointment of the day to avoid any chance of rain. They LOVED it!
So my tip for you is to make your reservation now but watch for the Groupon in case it's ever offered again. There is also a coupon for 10% off in MYW package booklets, or a small discount for AP holders if you qualify for either of those. Worth looking into :)

ETA) I just checked Mousesavers and apparently there is a 15% off coupon in the new Birnbaums Walt Disney World 2013 book. So that's a bit better than the 10% offers.

Even at full price the boys would have said it was worth it, but it is pricey so hopefully one of these offers can shave a few dollars off for you :)

Do they weigh u before? I noticed there is a 330lb tandem weight limit. Dd n i will come close. I just dont wanna step on a scale on vacation lol.
I booked online too...just used cc as a hold.
I m thinkn of gettin birnbaums. We r doin a fishing excursion as well and i hear its got a coupon for that in there as well.

Do they weigh u before? I noticed there is a 330lb tandem weight limit. Dd n i will come close. I just dont wanna step on a scale on vacation lol.
I m thinkn of gettin birnbaums. We r doin a fishing excursion as well and i hear its got a coupon for that in there as well.

They never weighed us and honestly, between me and DH, we had to have hit that limit! They only asked which one of us weighed more so they could balance out the seat for us.

What a relief! I have a bunch of buffets booked. I dont plan on stepping on a scale for atleast 6 months lol

My son and his girlfriend were under the 330 lb limit. They were not weighed but they were told that they were over the weight limit and they would have to ride single.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter