S/O - do you attend Pride events?

My family doesn't enjoy these events. We like to show our pride in our country and our veterans.

The great thing about this country is that one can show pride in the country, veterans, and everyone else in it too! No need to just limit yourself to two things :)

I don't have anything against them or what they represent, but generally speaking I don't go to any protests or whatever. If I want to make my voice heard, I contact my representatives. I don't like crowds or traffic.

Pride events aren't protests. We take our local high school GSA students to Youth Pride. It's a great event, with a well done parade, lots of booths with info on colleges, health stuff, church stuff, support groups, etc. Last time we went there was a concert too.

I'm am a cis, married ally, with a gay daughter, another daughter with lots of LGBTQ friends, and I have lots of LGBTQ friends as well, and a friend of the family with a trans daughter. It's a wonderful, eclectic group of great people to be sharing my life with. I'm so proud of all of them!

Madonna videos! Interesting, the first videos showed up at 1am, not 10pm. I guess people waited till they got home to post. She and her ensemble dancers also changed out of the leather costumes and are wearing lightweight, stretchy polyester costumes in much more breathable material. Madonna did mention how hot her leather outfit was during sound check. But, that was with the sun beating down on her. :sunny: It's interesting to see that the costume designer had a whole set of alternate costumes for different weather. The leather costumes did look better though. Much more imposing when the ensemble dancers acted like the tough, unyielding police.

Warning for some language when Madonna does the speeches in between. And some of the dancers flip the finger at some point. YouTube has better versions for the full speeches, but not as good, closeup videos of the songs.

Vogue:

God Control:

I Rise, and fireworks. Yay, the fireworks were accurately timed after all. :thumbsup2

Even on a good day, getting to SF is a huge pain. So I've never been to that one. I have only been to the local one once. It was pretty small by comparison, but I was happy to be there. My girl was with me, so I was only uncomfortable once with the more exhibitionist aspect of some goers. But it's not my community, and so I held no judgement against it...just a brisk walk past the happy attendant :rotfl2:But I did wonder if parents just kept their kids at home instead of participating in pride events. My girl is getting older, though, so I don't think I'd avoid taking her again, if only for a little while.

Haven't attended a local parade, but have attended on campus events that our office has assisted with. I support them. A number of years ago we were in SF and got swallowed by the tail end of the pride parade. There were some interesting outfits, it looked like fun.

Last week one of our daughters best friends attended a pride rally in Paris and used that as her coming out platform.

Even on a good day, getting to SF is a huge pain. So I've never been to that one. I have only been to the local one once. It was pretty small by comparison, but I was happy to be there. My girl was with me, so I was only uncomfortable once with the more exhibitionist aspect of some goers. But it's not my community, and so I held no judgement against it...just a brisk walk past the happy attendant :rotfl2:But I did wonder if parents just kept their kids at home instead of participating in pride events. My girl is getting older, though, so I don't think I'd avoid taking her again, if only for a little while.

The first time our kids saw the SF parade goers it was an interesting experience. They liked the vibrant colors and some of the outrageous outfits, but we did have to explain a few of the more risque clothing selections. Our kids are aware that people should have the opportunity to love whom ever they choose, and they accept others choices.

I do know people who would prefer to keep themselves and their kids home rather than expose their families to experiences like this. I feel bad for them, as IMO it is such a narrow view of the world that they choose to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter