Running with a jogging stroller???

rosemom1313

Mouseketeer
So, I normally run early in the morning while my kids sleep. My 8 yr old dd and I are signed up for a 5k in a few weeks. A lot of relatives are running b/c we a redlining it in honor of a family member. Any way, strollers are allowed. I have a 2 and 4 year old and a double jogging stroller.my question is- how much harder will it to be to run pushing the stroller? They prob weigh 70lbs combined. I'll be going slower than normal any way as my 8 year old will be running with me! Thanks for any input!

It does slow you down. I have one that I would run with my son. It is easy to run with one, but it does slow you down with the weight. You do get use to it and I have seen some people still running fast with a stroller. Keep in mind that with your child they may throw things out as you run like sippy cups.

I actually prefer it for the added difficulty. Downhill you have to hold on, uphill is almost silly (more than the 10% that the treadmill offers), and on the flats is like a scene from "Rocky"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter