Rumoured 8/5 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

Paul Stupin

New DVC Member
Has anyone received any additional information? Have been waiting to buy since Disney’s initial announcement of VGF2, but I fear we’ll have to wait several more months to buy rather than a few days. That said, one can always hope!

Someone posted it on the ROFR thread. Said they had heard from a sales guide.
That's good enough for me! Now that a thread has started, it's an official rumor!!! :woohoo:

I mean really...how much more official can you get: "Someone posted on a message board that they heard it from somebody who might work for Disney"

Last edited:

I really want it to be true.

I have been expecting something more in line with the 50th anniversary.

But if they are planning to open next Summer, it would make sense to start selling soon.

So does anyone think I am right in assuming that this will be a new booking level for VGF and that people who purchase there will now be able to book regular studios at the 11 month mark creating more competition for those rooms? Please help if I'm interpreting this wrong.

So does anyone think I am right in assuming that this will be a new booking level for VGF and that people who purchase there will now be able to book regular studios at the 11 month mark creating more competition for those rooms? Please help if I'm interpreting this wrong.

They are part of the same association which I believe that is a yes.

I think we will see it similar to Kidani abs Jambo situation where you own at one, but have booking rights to each and they will be listed differently on the website for booking so you know which one you are reserving.

That could definitely have an impact on how May people try for the current studios if these ones are a lot different as rumored

So does anyone think I am right in assuming that this will be a new booking level for VGF and that people who purchase there will now be able to book regular studios at the 11 month mark creating more competition for those rooms?
They are part of the same association which I believe that is a yes.

I was wondering though if it would be like VWL and CC, same resort but different buildings, different ownership rights? But I guess that is answered?

Either way, I guess we'll know everything in two more days when you can buy.

That's not a studio. That's hotel room. Great way to cheapen VGF ownership!

That was exactly what I thought.

Next thought was...they can't sell those rooms at rack rate to guests so they'll rebrand it and sell them to DVC owners. Like the old commercial that dates me...."They'll buy them. They'll buy anything."

Less and less, but with THEME PARK VIEW! Who's ready for 40 point studios?!

I still think they'll slap a club level on there and completely destroy the chart. The most expensive cheese plate Disney ever made.
I'm sure they'll create a few new categories.

I see this as the more likely way for them to use it as a cash grab than trying to sell the points themselves at a super high rate.

Wow!! I think it's basically going to be a hotel room. I hope they at least put in a decent fridge and microwave and offer connecting rooms.
They can always put a larger bathroom sink outside since they are doing a split bathroom I believe.

The permit mentioned is for the refurb, not the VGF2. It’s too early for the VGF2 work to begin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter