Rumors & Confirmations

I could see the first two happening, there is a big fan base in Japan though it may take a while before it works logistically. Many think we will hear something at D23 about the Wonder, won’t be too long until we know if that’s the case.

My understanding from Meyer Wert is the next ship is up next in their main hall but they have another line’s ship to finish first. Maybe what was meant is the design is nearly complete?

The Magic is heading to the west coast next year and I’d be really surprised if she retires before the new Triton class comes online. I actually heard that she is supposed to get the concierge lounge upgrade the Wonder did at some point so who knows.

Regardless the rumors are always fun to hear so thanks for sharing! Time will tell what and when they pan out or don’t.

Second Triton class ship is nearly complete. Operational next year.
Not only is there no name, yet, but there are also no indications that the shipyard is even working on the next ship at this time. Given the extreme unlikeliness of this rumor, I'm going to assume that the other rumors aren't worth very much.

Let's face it - Disney itineraries are dismal. You'd think they would have upped their game with a 5th ship but no...it's doing the same old boring 3-4 cruises that Disney has done since 1998!
LOL. Well, I suspect those itineraries are what they are selling because that is what their customers are buying.

So nothing permanent hopefully. Still, Disney seems heck bent on convincing me to sail with Celebrity or Norwegian instead.

Since Australia's summer is our winter it would put you back in the same situation that you had when the Wonder went back to the East coast in the winter. At least until the next ship arrives. I doubt it would stay in Australia year round since their winter temps are 30-60.

LOL. Well, I suspect those itineraries are what they are selling because that is what their customers are buying.

Customers would buy no matter what. Look how fast the Hawaii itineraries, etc. go when they open. But "Disney people" buy now because that's all that's offered and they're loyal to the brand.

Last edited:
I'm sure the rumor about the Magic is false but I'd love it if they turned it into a hotel eventually! How fun!

Customers would buy no matter what. Look how fast the Hawaii itineraries, etc. go when they open. But "Disney people" buy now because that's all that's offered and they're loyal to the brand.
The 3 and 4 night itineraries out of PC are their cash cow. They can charge more per night than longer cruises and they pull in many guests of WDW who are new to cruising. Being close to WDW is the key there. There will always be a ship positioned there and since it's the new ships that get all the press/media attention, people who never thought of a Disney cruise will then start looking at them.

Those of us who have cruised DCL multiple times already are mostly the ones looking at the new itineraries, wanting more variety.

We still book 3 or 4 nt cruises to the Bahamas, and will be sailing a 4-night on the Dream on Monday if my niece recovers from covid in time to care for my dad while we're gone. This will be DCL cruise #26. Sometimes you just want to relax onboard and don't really care if it even leaves the dock. The Monday-Friday itinerary works well for me because my niece stays with my dad M-F and I take care of him on the weekends. My situation is unusal and it won't last forever.

Last edited:
Yes. There was a time when we only cruised 7-night sailings and recall telling dh, "Eww, why would anyone want to cruise for only 3 nights? By the time you fly to FL, it's almost time to return."
Then life gets in the way and I realized that sometimes a quickie is just what you need and it's all that you have time for.

I stayed on the Queen Mary docked in Long Beach 25 years ago. It was kind of fun, a little eerie. But I have read that the ship is in bad shape now (the hull) from just sitting in salt water all these years and not going into drydock, etc. Because it doen't have to GO anywhere, I think they thought it would be fine just floating. It's like the planes that were out of commission during Covid. You can't just park a plane long term and let it sit. It has to be serviced.

"Aircraft can’t simply be dusted back into action. They need plenty of work and attention while in storage, from maintenance of hydraulics and flight-control systems to protection against insects and wildlife — nesting birds can be a problem. Then there’s humidity, which can corrode parts and damage interiors. Even when parked on runways, planes are often loaded with fuel to keep them from rocking in the wind and to ensure tanks stay lubricated."

I would sort of hate to see the Magic just sit in a puddle somewhere. Carnival has 23 ships. Certainly Disney can have more than 5!

I'm sure the rumor about the Magic is false but I'd love it if they turned it into a hotel eventually! How fun!

What we be more fun about being on a cruise that never leaves port versus one that takes you places and let's you enjoy the open sea? I am genuinely curious what about the former appeals to you.

I stayed on the Queen Mary docked in Long Beach 25 years ago. It was kind of fun, a little eerie. But I have read that the ship is in bad shape now (the hull) from just sitting in salt water all these years and not going into drydock, etc. Because it doen't have to GO anywhere, I think they thought it would be fine just floating. It's like the planes that were out of commission during Covid. You can't just park a plane long term and let it sit. It has to be serviced.

"Aircraft can’t simply be dusted back into action. They need plenty of work and attention while in storage, from maintenance of hydraulics and flight-control systems to protection against insects and wildlife — nesting birds can be a problem. Then there’s humidity, which can corrode parts and damage interiors. Even when parked on runways, planes are often loaded with fuel to keep them from rocking in the wind and to ensure tanks stay lubricated."

I would sort of hate to see the Magic just sit in a puddle somewhere. Carnival has 23 ships. Certainly Disney can have more than 5!
And paying for dock space is not cheap either, that is one reason why they anchored off shore at Canaveral during the pandemic

Have they done the whole keel laying and coin thing with the middle Triton ship? I don't see anything on that event, or really anything from Meyer Werft on starting the next ship. I the past it was pretty easy to see what ships where under construction there.

What we be more fun about being on a cruise that never leaves port versus one that takes you places and let's you enjoy the open sea? I am genuinely curious what about the former appeals to you.
It’s an all-inclusive resort with far more entertainment than an all inclusive resort. I actually have a 7 day cruise where I didn’t leave the ship for more than 1 hour. Pretty sure that’s what’s gonna happen in February when we cruise but that’s only a four Night trip.
And paying for dock space is not cheap either, that is one reason why they anchored off shore at Canaveral during the pandemic
I thought the only reason that they docked during Covid was to get provisions. I believe the ship is better maintained with moving parts?

I thought the only reason that they docked during Covid was to get provisions. I believe the ship is better maintained with moving parts?
Thy weren't always moving, they dropped anchor right off shore. You could see them from the beach at Jetty Park for days at a time. This was June of 2020.

20200611_133943.jpg

Last edited:
Aside from Europe and Alaska, the other ports hold very little appeal. Plus I’d rather that ship not be scrapped. It’d be a great all inclusive resort!

The 3 and 4 night itineraries out of PC are their cash cow. They can charge more per night than longer cruises and they pull in many guests of WDW who are new to cruising. Being close to WDW is the key there. There will always be a ship positioned there and since it's the new ships that get all the press/media attention, people who never thought of a Disney cruise will then start looking at them.

Those of us who have cruised DCL multiple times already are mostly the ones looking at the new itineraries, wanting more variety.

We still book 3 or 4 nt cruises to the Bahamas, and will be sailing a 4-night on the Dream on Monday if my niece recovers from covid in time to care for my dad while we're gone. This will be DCL cruise #26. Sometimes you just want to relax onboard and don't really care if it even leaves the dock. The Monday-Friday itinerary works well for me because my niece stays with my dad M-F and I take care of him on the weekends. My situation is unusal and it won't last forever.
Exactly.

2-not correct I have a family member who works for DCL corporate. The 2nd triton ship is not started yet.
My family member was on the opening team for the Wish.
3- Magic is listed for many cruises in 2023. I have one booked for next August 2023 on the Magic. Maybe once other Triton ships are in service in the next few years then maybe that rumor might happen.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter