Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think Disney will handle the biometric entry? Certainly tens of thousands of people touching the same point is a bad idea. Sanitizing between each guest is impractical.
one thought I had, a theme park near me has multiple day passes. They take your picture with an iPad on the first day and it pops up when you scan your ticket on the other days. This is still probably impractical for the volume of people Disney gets.
I also saw somewhere that Disney would move towards single use products. Does that mean no refillable mugs for a while?
That's exactly what Disneyland does.

There could be an option to upload a photo on your MDE. Or at check in? Of course some would have to do it at the gate. Ugh so many things need to change.
The entry process for DLR is actually pretty fast. They have iphones and hold them up at take your picture on your first entry. The picture is linked to your ticket and every time it's scanned after that at park entry your photo automatically pops up on the computer screen in front of the CM. So, that tech they have- but integrating a version of it into the WDW entry set-up would be awkward but not impossible.

The entry process for DLR is actually pretty fast. They have iphones and hold them up at take your picture on your first entry. The picture is linked to your ticket and every time it's scanned after that at park entry your photo automatically pops up on the computer screen in front of the CM. So, that tech they have- but integrating a version of it into the WDW entry set-up would be awkward but not impossible.

Oh I don't think it's impossible. They had to take a photo of my kid when her finger would not work years ago. The whole process took less than 2 minutes and that's only because we waited for someone to come help us when her Mickey reader kept turning blue.

How do you think Disney will handle the biometric entry? Certainly tens of thousands of people touching the same point is a bad idea. Sanitizing between each guest is impractical.
one thought I had, a theme park near me has multiple day passes. They take your picture with an iPad on the first day and it pops up when you scan your ticket on the other days. This is still probably impractical for the volume of people Disney gets.
I also saw somewhere that Disney would move towards single use products. Does that mean no refillable mugs for a while?

Wiping down the the finger sensor every time isn't hard at all. it is what most stores are currently doing after every credit card keypad plus much easier to train.

I'm pretty sure WDW already has photo ID available. Family member has arthritis, fingers swell and as a result frequently fails biometrics. A CM, I think a supervisor, took her picture with an iPad. When she fails a CM will sometimes check her against stored picture.

I wonder how well facial recognition works with masked subjects.

When they wanted to get people in quickly at DHS on crowded mornings due to RotR they’d often just turn them off. For that reason I think keeping them off and finding another efficient method is likely on the table. People uploading their own pictures to MDE makes a lot of sense since WDW has less AP that DLR.

Seems like a no brainer to eliminate something literally everyone, except very small children or other exceptions, will be touching when it’s not entirely needed. It’s not like shooters on buzz or TSMM that are harder to figure out a workaround for.

When they wanted to get people in quickly at DHS on crowded mornings due to RotR they’d often just turn them off. For that reason I think keeping them off and finding another efficient method is likely on the table. People uploading their own pictures to MDE makes a lot of sense since WDW has less AP that DLR.

Seems like a no brainer to eliminate something literally everyone, except very small children or other exceptions, will be touching when it’s not entirely needed. It’s not like shooters on buzz or TSMM that are harder to figure out a workaround for.
if it is known that the biometric is turned off permanently , it will introduce more problems, people will swap magic bands and many other issues. Just wipe it down, keep it simple

Yeah - I was thinking about the shooters and joystick on Buzz with folks leaving and others loading on the moving ramp. I was also thinking they'll be permanently moist and slick. Happiness is NOT a wet gun.

if it is known that the biometric is turned off permanently , it will introduce more problems, people will swap magic bands and many other issues. Just wipe it down, keep it simple
They sure couldn't do it long term. Give people the slimmest chance of cheating and they will. Short term, they may not care enough.

Hence something like pictures at DLR.

More effective to never pick up the germs on your hands than relying on people to properly wash/sanitize. Fairly easy touch point to eliminate compared to something like a pinpad, trigger on a shooting ride, etc.

I think it would actually be quite difficult in practice to properly sanitize between each guest/party, which would leave sanitizer after as a solution but then you’d have to rely on people using it. Which brings us back to the treat everyone as if they’re positive thing, I think it’s in Disney’s best interest to prevent unnecessary touching of common areas, and sanitizing is for when it’s unavoidable.

Did anyone else get the idea that you’re going to have to reserve your park days in advanced? It sounded like having advanced reservations for specific parks, which should be fine if you eliminate park hopping.

Did anyone else get the idea that you’re going to have to reserve your park days in advanced? It sounded like having advanced reservations for specific parks, which should be fine if you eliminate park hopping.
so would they refund those who already purchased park hoppers....what about purchases from outside companies like Undercover tourist?

Yeah - I was thinking about the shooters and joystick on Buzz with folks leaving and others loading on the moving ramp. I was also thinking they'll be permanently moist and slick. Happiness is NOT a wet gun.
I think they're just going to put sanitizer stations before the queue and after the ride. There's no realistic way to wipe down the vehicles in an omnimover ride and not ruin the experience. People will just have to avoid touching their face for the 15-30 mins they are in the line and on the ride.

I think it has been mentioned they will get rid of the touch point entry.

Possibly going to face recognition or something else
I'm quite surprised we haven't seen much of a face recognition switch already... Knowing the relationship Disney has had with companies such as Apple in the past this technology should be easy for them to obtain and modify for their needs. Do we think the long-term effects of this result in a new MagicBand 3 within the next year or two to implement a lot of new features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter