• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rozo Family 1st Dream Cruise

I really want to thank you for the Nassau information and the walking tour link.

Very nice, and seems to be safe to do. It also led me to find what I think may be a perfect day for us in Nassau.

You also, as a first time cruiser, are teaching me some stuff about how cool it is to stay and dance at the club pirate, how cool it is to eat in Animator's palate for breakfast, how cool the snorkeling is at CC, how cool it is to just relax, unwind and have a blast!

Congrats on your diagnosis and what an amazing time you all had! :hug::love:

I really want to thank you for the Nassau information and the walking tour link.

Very nice, and seems to be safe to do. It also led me to find what I think may be a perfect day for us in Nassau.

You also, as a first time cruiser, are teaching me some stuff about how cool it is to stay and dance at the club pirate, how cool it is to eat in Animator's palate for breakfast, how cool the snorkeling is at CC, how cool it is to just relax, unwind and have a blast!

Congrats on your diagnosis and what an amazing time you all had! :hug::love:

Thank you :cloud9:...This is why I had to do this trip report. I spent endless hours reading trip reports to organize myself. I wanted to share and help others. You really made me feel special :hug:

I love your trip report! This is exactly the cruise we want to have so I am just going to copy everything (except for the crown, 10 and 13 yr old boys probably won't go for it! :-)

When we got back to got back to the room to get ready for our last dinner, we made sure to put the tip tickets in the envelope DH put them in his pocket since I put him in charge of this.
We had dinner at Enchanted Garden
Disney+Dream+5.23+474.jpg

Jo Jo cut DD9 meat and fed her once more
Disney+Dream+5.23+475.jpg

DD21 & DD9 had Mickey bars for dessert
Er-7cB_fMmiRMVy1NZMPpBVxbp1G2dsRLaJhtca2EXFO=w252-h188-p-no
wPXTGsZLroV2GWE_4e7wPFeBA9h5v89lcWcpra4BuqUB=w282-h211-p-no

DD15 promised she would make it through dinner this time. She promised Jo Jo our server that she would order 3 desserts to make up for the 2 she slept through.
Disney+Dream+5.23+479.jpg

They were given origami flowers and butterflies
Disney+Dream+5.23+481.jpg
9nkklwlQ6lfUH-rmo5cW0om0nude7fEOTk_Wv9mDdMcX=w282-h211-p-no

We thanked our waitstaff and DH gave them the envelops and we took a goodbye picture. Since we had early seating we would've seen them in the for breakfast but 6:45 AM was a bit early for us and we didn't have a flight to run to so we decided to go to cabanas at 8AM instead.:guilty:
Disney+Dream+5.23+483.jpg

On our way back from dinner we noticed the Photographers were taking pictures on the stairs and there was no line! :cool1:
Disney+Dream+5.23+485.jpg

Disney+Dream+5.23+487.jpg

The show that night was Believe. It was beautiful and inspiring. DH and I left with tears in our eyes and hugging the girls tight :hug:

After a little shopping we went upstairs to get our luggage ready for pick-up. We got our nightly animal (a lobster) and DD21 got her signed shirt and we got our signed picture frame.
Disney+Dream+5.23+490.jpg

Disney+Dream+5.23+491.jpg

SpzI9dMv_uSOLLhYgnZ_S3mtzOs4vvSq5gnJl9q9taeV=w415-h553-no

Our stateroom attendant passed by to say goodbye and let us know that he was also going back home Vietnam. DH took this time to give him the tip envelope. We mentioned that we loved the bathroom spa products. Well he came back with a handful for us to take home :love:

This is my stash at home
CAM00499.jpg

It was time to take down our magnets :(
Disney+Dream+5.23+493.jpg

We set our luggage outside the room for pick-up and went to the atrium for the Sea Ya Real Soon celebration. This is where all the characters come out and you can take pictures for then they all say goodbye. This was my chance to get a picture with Captain Mickey:cheer2:
Disney+Dream+5.23+495.jpg

We all said goodbye to our favorite characters and then headed off to our last party at Evolutions. The CMs were there dancing the night away with us. (That's our favorite CM Jo in the white jacket leading us in some line dancing)
Disney+Dream+5.23+523.jpg

The kid club was open only until 12AM so we left DD21 with the 18-21 group at Evolutions and went to meet DD9 at the stateroom. DD15 was at club Vibe at their goodbye & info exchange party. We only had until 1AM to order room service and we wanted to make sure we got our order in. DD21 & DD15 made it back in time to enjoy our last midnight room service as a family and went to sleep knowing tomorrow morning it was time to say goodbye. (Well DH and I went to sleep, the girls were too busy giggling and texting their new friends on the wave phone)

This was the only morning the girls had issues waking up.
Disney+Dream+5.23+525.jpg

We had breakfast at the Cabanas breakfast buffet. It had all the breakfast items except Mickey waffles and eggs benedict :confused3 This breakfast was not my favorite. The food was great but the company was not so great. LOL!
Disney+Dream+5.23+526.jpg

Well it was finally time to say goodbye to our beautiful Dream. The same CM's that greeted us 3 days ago were now saying goodbye and see ya real soon. :wave2:
Disney+Dream+5.23+527.jpg

It was easy to find our luggage. We just had to find the matching picture that was on the luggage tags that were issued to us the night before. The trip through customs was quick and painless (DH even got to keep the beer and vodka he didn't drink)
Well we headed out to catch the shuttle to our car but took one last look back.
Now we were the sad ones driving down the road but then we started reminiscing and the smiles came right back to our faces.

Disney+Dream+5.23+524.jpg

I enjoyed reading your TR, sounds like it was a great family cruise! Though reading the end made me sad too, like it was my own! That last night and morning is the worst! Were you able to plan another one? (sorry can't remember if I read that!)

Cheryl726 said:
I enjoyed reading your TR, sounds like it was a great family cruise! Though reading the end made me sad too, like it was my own! That last night and morning is the worst! Were you able to plan another one? (sorry can't remember if I read that!)

We took advantage of the on board booking deal and reserved for October 2014 but we may move it up to April 2014 of we can't get Florida resident rates. And definitely a 5 or 7 day.

Arthur92 said:
WOW love ya post from start to finish :thanks::smickey:

It was such a great way to relive one of the best times we've had as a family. I am so happy that you enjoyed it :)

jennyjinx3 said:
Great job, you make me feel like we can enjoy a lot on a 3 night...thanks!!:flower3:

This was our first cruise we wanted to make sure we could get in as much as possible. I did a lot of research and did a lot of lurking on Dis. I even made a schedule of things i wanted to do using old navigators that are posted. I then used it as a guide when we got our navigators. But my main plan was to enjoy it to the fullest! And we did :)

Such a great report! Thank you for sharing. We will also be on our 1st cruise in Aug with 3 kids, younger ones though - 7, 6, 8 months.

Quick question - you mention that you tipped the server on the last day. Was this something that you did extra because I heard that tips were taken automatically from the room charge.

Such a great report! Thank you for sharing. We will also be on our 1st cruise in Aug with 3 kids, younger ones though - 7, 6, 8 months.

Quick question - you mention that you tipped the server on the last day. Was this something that you did extra because I heard that tips were taken automatically from the room charge.

Yes. Tips were automatically charged to our room account. However, on the next to the last night they leave envelopes (with titles you write in the names) and a perforated sheet that you tear and place in the appropriate envelope. You can put more if you want.
Here is what the sheet looks like.
Disney+Dream+5.23+424.jpg

You are going to have the time of your lives! Enjoy :goodvibes

Loved reading about your trip-thank you for sharing your experience! makes me so anxious for ours in August!

What an awesome family and a great report! I want to cruise every day and I enjoy reliving all the memories through someone else's eyes! It's great to see ppl who plan and look forward to the Ship and then enjoy it as much as I do! I love the Dream and cannot wait to sail her again! Thanks for sharing! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter