Rozo Family 1st Dream Cruise

I am loving your report! We are on our first ever cruise (also a 3 night bahamas) on Nov 14 and I hope we have as much fun as your family is having!

One question....How did you decide what restaurant to eat breakfast at in the morning? If you don't go to Cabanas for breakfast do you go to the restaurant you will be dining at that night?

Also I love how much you were able to accomplish in Nassau just before lunchtime! We are undecided about what to do that day, but I really didn't want to pay for a pricey excursion.

More!! More!!:goodvibes

Cheryl726 said:
Looks like a great start, interested to read more! I just love the terminal and the welcome you get!

Thank you everything was perfect beginning to end

bbn1122 said:
Thank you for sharing....what a beautiful family. 3 daughters....I have 3 sons, 19, 15 and 13.

I am looking forward to your whole report. We will be on the Dream 3 night for the 2nd time next August. When went the first time in 2011 we had to deal with the remnants of Hurricane Irene, so it was a little disappointing , no CC..

:dance3::dance3:
No CC that's awful. I'm sure you will have an outstanding time thus August

biged9973 said:
Congratulations on being 1 year cancer free. My wife is 3 years cancer free, also cervical cancer. There is nothing like going thru treatment etc to give you perspective on the important things in life.

You guys look like you had an amazing time and I'm looking forward to more!!

Thank you. It us an amazing feeling. Congrats to your wife as well

jennyjinx3 said:
I am loving your report! We are on our first ever cruise (also a 3 night bahamas) on Nov 14 and I hope we have as much fun as your family is having!

One question....How did you decide what restaurant to eat breakfast at in the morning? If you don't go to Cabanas for breakfast do you go to the restaurant you will be dining at that night?

Also I love how much you were able to accomplish in Nassau just before lunchtime! We are undecided about what to do that day, but I really didn't want to pay for a pricey excursion.

More!! More!!:goodvibes
You're going to love it!
The navigator they place in your room every night will list which restaurants are open for breakfast.

yajaira74 said:
You're going to love it!
The navigator they place in your room every night will list which restaurants are open for breakfast.

I always kept my navigator with me. I would fold it and put in my camera bag. Always took it out at lunch and dinner to check what was going on and what we were going to do next

Before we left the ship to tour Nassau. I took with me the postcards that are in the desk draw. My tour was going to take us past the post office so I knew I could buy bahamian stamps and mail postcards to ourselves reminding us of how much fun we were having. I had heard the Post Office at Castaway Cay was hit or miss as to when it was open and I didn't want to take the chance. To my surprise there was a Post Office Kiosk in the Welcome center :) so on our way back from touring the Bahamas and swiming at the beach. I stopped by the Post Office Kiosk and purchased 2 Bahamian stamps for $1 and had the girls write DH & Me something great on the postcards. (PS bring your own pen they didn't have any but I had ours that we took to the Princess Gathering)
We don't know what they wrote and can't wait for them to arrive. I am sure they will have forgotten by the time they get here to so it will be fun and exciting to receive them :yay:

DD9 had an old pirate costume from DD15 and the rest of us put together our Pirate looks from what we had. The Bandannas tied it all together. We even got Pirate Mickey's approval pirate:
rU8GtI1ThJhncr-S37WSb2B_ijSz4Xs7a2NlCbpk5RsG=w147-h194-p-no
w5XsXLiNs5Xrn-aQ0yP9__DqMgYiMZsc3jSAt6nn0UNd=w305-h228-p-no

This night we had dinner at Animator Palate. The crush show was entertaining. This is where the girls got their light-up pirate cups for $5 (another great value souvenir!)
GGiYUHZE4QvNz3rZb0Rn6JWa5FsZbZA_QzJvAf6KydFw=w260-h194-p-no

DD15 had had a late night at the Vibe and didn't make it to dessert again
d8LZY5b_ONPOQzTPOkuSUxKukSaQ19R8xbFFmt4QBlhW=w304-h228-p-no

After dinner we made it up to deck 12 to watch the Mickey Pirate show it was fun and really got everyone in the Pirate mood. We still remember the special Pirate Dance Moves they taught us.
Disney+Dream+5.23+386.jpg

This night was the Villains tonight show. I had read many times on DIS that this was everyone's least favorite. Well DH LOVED it as did the rest of us it was as expected of course a really good Disney show and very funny.

After the show we made it over to the D-Lounge for "A Pirates Life For Me" family games like toss the doubloons in the bucket and Swab the deck
buU1V7ycbDOkB3Jbuddc6ARkKfDy6Crj2merDj_iRcJW=w251-h188-p-no

They even taught us the Official Pirate song
Disney+Dream+5.23+391.jpg

It was time for the Pirate show and Fireworks. We made it back to our favorite spot on the 12
Disney+Dream+5.23+411.jpg

Do not miss this show and fireworks it was impressive!
After the fireworks the whole place turns into Club Pirate. They play music and its a huge dance party the kids had a blast
Disney+Dream+5.23+413.jpg

As the music started I snuck down to Cabanas and got DH this
Disney+Dream+5.23+416.jpg

YUP! TURKEY LEG!!! A little tip my TA gave me. There was a buffet with Turkey Legs and Taco stations and some desserts. I didn't see it advertised in the Navigator and I had many people ask us where we got it. DH was very happy :cool1:

That turkey leg gave us the energy to dance the night away :rotfl:
Disney+Dream+5.23+422.jpg

It came to a close around 12 and we decided to stop by Evolutions just to see what was going on. Little did we know we were walking in to a wedding reception! Well it would have been rude to leave so we stayed to help celebrate.
zBjZTtJRQfJ6WEEApV9B1mOCBpmBaPV7qJwqatrfQeMO=w304-h228-p-no
68k1lsSBbW4CHYQotAYxnF9_8KeqSJs9c39f5SK4eHTs=w305-h228-p-no

We made it back to the room around 1am and DD9 wanted to order room service. Well why not that's part of the vacation fun so we ordered for everyone to share: chicken strips, cheese burger and fries, and milk and cookies. What can I say, all that dancing made us hungry :p

The next day was Castaway Cay :beach: we couldn't wait for our 1st attempt at snorkeling :bitelip:

I have a few questions about Junkanoo Beach, did you walk there and back to the ship? Can you purchase food also and water sport equipment? Thanks!

Cheryl726 said:
I have a few questions about Junkanoo Beach, did you walk there and back to the ship? Can you purchase food also and water sport equipment? Thanks!

Junkanoo was about a 20 minute walk from the ship. It had little tiki huts with food and drinks no water sport rentals. They did have chair and umbrella rentals.

Woke up to our daily 7am daily Room Service coffee delivery. This time we ordered some extra OJ's and Cranberry Juice to use for our pre-dinner drinks (always thinking ahead) Popped them in the fridge and got ready to go to Animators Palate for Breakfast
DD15 was very happy to see the waiter walking around with Krispy Kreme donuts and DH was happy to see he also had croissants.:worship:
Disney+Dream+5.23+433.jpg

DH had a very yummy omelette

Well its time to hit Castaway Cay & put our Snorkel Gear to work :woohoo:
Disney+Dream+5.23+438.jpg

When we got off the ship guess who was there to greet us:
c9z9jDb4Seayccya4YS0jcGiILVlFHxvCw_99vnF3NtV=w251-h188-p-no
LhUgYi7dEUBkJf5uclEUDzV3d5Oi1nEjnzeOVOtQzXWm=w252-h188-p-no

We wait 5 minutes for the tram which was perfect so I could take some pix :rotfl:
Disney+Dream+5.23+466.jpg

Disney+Dream+5.23+440.jpg

Short 5 minute ride on the tram and we were at stop #1 Family Beach. We jumped off and took some more pix
ZokPiHS28gRwnEqtRJPCKfO_ln9R9mgHKHg0S-eYXpGo=w147-h195-p-no
n9_PD8g7fcb6W_gitF5Q4ahYwvZiOYV4nuVhz0MhSTTp=w261-h195-p-no

Hey was that Capt. Jack Sparrow. Darn we missed him! (line was closed) He did mumble something to us about how we must be natives. :thumbsup2 "He spoke to us" I heard DD15 say super-giddy *swoon* That made her day! Who needs a picture. (she might have fainted) :rotfl:

There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas to chose from we got a nice spot near the Snorkel trail and got read to enjoy the sea
Disney+Dream+5.23+447.jpg

We walked over to the stand and picked up our vest. They won't let you snorkel without one an believe me I was grateful I had it. I would suggest you check your gear while you are there at the stand. DD21 had to go exchange her vest since the one she got was missing the valve and would not inflate. Luckily we hadn't gotten in the water yet.
I had bought a travel size bottle of baby shampoo to wash the mask before use (to keep it from getting foggy) but in all the excitement I forgot. Well there is only one other way...Spit! yup spit on the inside of the goggle spread it around and then rinse in the sea. Disgusting... Yes...Clear vision in the water YES!
Disney+Dream+5.23+446.jpg

I must say this was AH.MA.ZING! I don't want to give too much away but you can stay close and swim near the shore and check out the fish (We even saw a stingray) but there are Buoys that you can swim out to and there are MAGICAL surprises :goodvibes totally worth swimming out to! By far my favorite activity :love:

We had worked up a good appetite! It was time to hit Cookies BBQ for lunch. This was a great BBQ. Everything was super yummy and the ribs fell right off the bone. Fresh fruit and Banana and Mango ice-cream.
We ate at the family style picnic tables and there was fun music playing. The table busser were really quick and there was always a table available.

Now how will we work-off this yummy lunch? I got it! Water Bikes!
5RlSHSom8zQIOhkmM98tdHN_e9DtJcdLkQDIJIU6GjRs=w277-h207-p-no
bglVD_MiooJC447VLl4zUPTRZdN6YN8z27YFgUO6aXEv=w277-h207-p-no

Their legs were burning and No one spoke to me for like an hour but aren't those some great pix :rotfl2:

Time for relaxing. I went over to Cookies BBQ and grabbed 3 cups of ice and poured it in my Happy Cup :rolleyes1
Disney+Dream+5.23+449.jpg

DH, DD21 & DD9 took their chairs into the water to relax. While DD15 ran to the Teen Hideout to play beach soccer and volleyball with her friends.
Disney+Dream+5.23+462.jpg

We didn't want to leave without riding the Pelican Plunge slide. DD9 and I rode it several time the wait time was about 3-5 minutes. There's an open slide and a tube slide you can also race each other just tell the lifeguards when you reach the top. We had a blast.
On our way back from Pelican Plunge we stopped by Cookies to grab some fruit and icecream and noticed that there were cold sandwiches too :confused3 why not. Mozzarella and tomato chilled and Yummy! It was about 2:30pm and the Bahama Mama were 2 for 1...Yes please :dance3:

At about 3pm I notice unused umbrellas being closed and chairs being replaced. Must be time to ride the tram back and get ready for dinner.
Bitter-Sweet :flower3:
N7fnVDzZOhlAQA5eHGlMijjuqYkrAamYxhsiXP-YU_C_=w252-h188-p-no
cr3Nsbp5AV9S77YyQiqRd76lW6nDIu1tfuwOeCfwBFu5=w252-h188-p-no

But 1st one last pic!
Disney+Dream+5.23+471.jpg

Bye Castaway Cay! No beach day will ever compare until we come back. :wave2:

Time to get ready for our last Night :sad:

I am enjoying reading about your cruise. I just convinced my DH to take one and am reading up on everything.

??? Water Bikes are first come, first serve did you have a long wait to rent one???

Arthur92 said:
??? Water Bikes are first come, first serve did you have a long wait to rent one???

Not at all. We walked right up to the stand and they had plenty waiting to be used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter