• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

@roxymama I just got a Kate Spade 75% sale notice. :D

giphy.gif

Actually I was hoping they had this one on sale soon...
giphy.gif

Hey @roxymama!! I'm all caught up on your journal now!

When is your Shamrock Shuffle?? I'm sure I read all of your updates but the last I could see about it was the coral placements!

Also a be-lated Happy St Patrick's Day!!

I was so annoyed to read the weight comment, some people! You are so right to be proud of yourself, you've done SO MUCH since I started reading this journal and I'm proud of you!!!

I thought you might be interested in a little news story over this side of the pond as it relates to what we chatting about before... So as you know it was St Patrick's Day on the 17th, I LOVE that there is a day celebrated in so many places around the world that is Irish... how cool is that? We are such a tiny little country in the grand scheme of things! SO... Mc Donald's brought out their specialy St Patrick's Day green milkshake (yummy!) and put up a 10second advert on twitter... So to advertise their 'Irish' milkshake they used a guy playing SCOTTISH bagpipes and a backdrop of Stonehenge... which is in England.... DOH! The post was deleted but not before it went viral! Still... it's a very tasty milkshake haha

Hey @roxymama!! I'm all caught up on your journal now!

When is your Shamrock Shuffle?? I'm sure I read all of your updates but the last I could see about it was the coral placements!

Also a be-lated Happy St Patrick's Day!!

I was so annoyed to read the weight comment, some people! You are so right to be proud of yourself, you've done SO MUCH since I started reading this journal and I'm proud of you!!!

I thought you might be interested in a little news story over this side of the pond as it relates to what we chatting about before... So as you know it was St Patrick's Day on the 17th, I LOVE that there is a day celebrated in so many places around the world that is Irish... how cool is that? We are such a tiny little country in the grand scheme of things! SO... Mc Donald's brought out their specialy St Patrick's Day green milkshake (yummy!) and put up a 10second advert on twitter... So to advertise their 'Irish' milkshake they used a guy playing SCOTTISH bagpipes and a backdrop of Stonehenge... which is in England.... DOH! The post was deleted but not before it went viral! Still... it's a very tasty milkshake haha

Hi :wave2: thanks for reading up.

My shuffle race isn't until 4/2!! I'm pretty sure the parades make a race difficult so they move it out. It was rather cold last week though, so I'm fine with it. Next week is my mini-taper for pre-race :)

I'm mostly over the weight comments. I just want the world to know that if for some reason I put on some more lbs. than what I am at now (cause that's very realistic at some point)...I'm still the same person and still value-able, etc. It's a lot of pressure to "keep it off" but really as long as I'm happy and healthy everyone else should mind their own business. Except all of you...because I'm basically like inviting y'all to come participate in all my business :)

That is too funny about the shake ad. Fun fact: no one knows where St. Patrick was actually born. Some think Scotland! So maybe it was some smart@$$ McDonalds employee trolling all of us??

PS This is what we have this year. I've somehow not gotten a single item from this picture. Which makes me both proud and also very sad.
mcdonalds-chocolate-shamrock-shake-menu-2017.jpg

So last night was STIR night in the roxyfamily household. Although hubby does tons of STIR because he's in Tri-training mode. I did two circuits of my 7 minute strength. The second was the more challenging level and involved planks where you have to do stuff with your hands and then feet too???? What kind of nonsense is that? Ugh, it'll get easier. At one point I was doing something called "Renegade row" but without weights (I'm graduating to those next week) and I felt like a cat with something on it's paw that didn't like it. I was like lifting and putting my arm down while literally growling/hissing.
plank-with-row3.jpg
33398338.jpg

Hubby's actual lifting with real weights looked 10 times harder so I guess I can't fully complain. Then again he is 100 times stronger than me at this point. Gotta keep working on my bird arms!!!

We finished the evening by doing X-Box Yoga courtesy of this guy.
upload_2017-3-23_9-36-11.jpeg
I will say that it was enjoyable to do the same poses I know well from my yoga classes from a "pump you up" type instructor instead of a mellow zen lady. He was actually more mellow than I thought he would be. Though he did end his workout with "boom fist pump" instead of Namaste and that cracked me up going from havasana relaxing/nap pose to "BOOM FIST PUMP" :)
Hubby did quite well for his first real yoga session and this morning he said "I slept like a baby last night, let's do more yoga"
:thumbsup2

Well, you know how much I love planks!! I saw a link somewhere to some runner's world strength training things you should be doing yada yada yada. So, it had something very similar to what you show there and then also something they called a scorpion where you are in a plank and then like twist and pull your leg across your back and touch the floor with your foot or some other such nonsense. It looked really hard, but I thought it was definitely something I should aspire to. It also had several things using a stability ball that looked pretty freaking difficult to do as well.

Well, you know how much I love planks!! I saw a link somewhere to some runner's world strength training things you should be doing yada yada yada. So, it had something very similar to what you show there and then also something they called a scorpion where you are in a plank and then like twist and pull your leg across your back and touch the floor with your foot or some other such nonsense. It looked really hard, but I thought it was definitely something I should aspire to. It also had several things using a stability ball that looked pretty freaking difficult to do as well.

I just googled "scorpion plank" and that alone felt like a workout.
Tonight I'm going to try a reverse-plank. It's where you lie on your back and hold that for 8 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter