• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Stop!!!!!!!

No-spend lent was the dumbest decision ever on my part.
:teeth: :angel:
I keep seeing people on instagram wearing ones like these buy didn't know where they came from. Do you know if these are like running leggins or like casual wear around leggins? Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend that I truly have no idea. I did see a picture of someone wearing them for the Princess 5K and the fabric info says 4-way stretch (which is what SparkleSkirts fabric is described as), so it seems like they COULD be used for running...??

I'm a little bummed because I went back through the PLM Instagram and she had a picture of Minnie Mouse Flower & Garden leggings that I 100% would have bought, but I don't see them at all on the website. :sad:
the friend is me
Wait.

:faint: :idea:

Mind. Blown.

:p

Minnie mouse flower and garden ones????

(drops everything goes straight to instagram)

Gaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

I wish that there was a store by my house that housed all the cute etsy/inb/sparkle/etc running clothes so I could go try things on before buying. Although, perhaps that would be MORE dangerous to my wallet.

Leggings Borg???

7mn4f.jpg

So last week was a grind but also went well as far as how my body felt, my knee felt, my feet felt, and just motivation-wise. The tempo run on the treadmill continues to still be my least favorite thing to look forward to weekly, but I'm glad I continue to "get through it." Can't say I'm really looking forward to Thursday again.
BUT I loved my Saturday easy run to Starbucks so much that it could be habit forming...until the college closes for the school year. It's sad they won't keep it open just for me to go one time each week to get a coffee. So selfish of them, right?
I also will say that switching shoes seems to be a good thing. I can feel my ghost 9's coming to the end of their lifespan and so I have to decide how to approach this. Wear them only for my 3 mile and 4 milers...then Nike the longer runs and wear Nikes to Tink (Nikes are like babies...I've put 50+ miles on them) At Tink I'm buying the NB shoes so they'll either become a run shoe or a casual shoe based on performance and then if they are casual...I'll go get me some Ghosts again when on sale. Good plan?

Tink Training Week 10: RUN ALL THE MILES, BUY ALL THE THINGS
Monday 3/20: rest night. No Bachelor, waaaah! But there is a show on Freeform starting tonight about the twins who were on the show last year and that should be horrible. So I will watch it.
Tuesday 3/21: 5 mi @ EB....waaaaait 5 mile Tuesday, what is this world? Ok...Can Do!
Wednesday 3/22: STIRplank (that's a fun word)
Thursday 3/23: 1.5 mi WU, 4 mi T, 1.5 mi CD - grumble mumble
Friday 3/24: Rest ahhhhh
Saturday 3/25: 4 mi @ EA + 10 min post starbuck walk
(Hubby is running a 5k this morning and he's gunning for sub 30...wish him luck!)
Sunday 3/26: 8 mi LR (this time not blind so I will try to benefit from running an appropriate 10:52ish and not a 10:10 even if I can.)

Now it's etsy/instagram stalking time. @Ariel484 is a trouble-maker :) I love it!

You look so cute and awesome!

So today I tried the cinnamon almond milk macchiato. I would give it...2.75 or of 4 stars. :confused3

I forgot about this until I ordered my usual skinny cinnamon dolce latte over lunch (eating it with my pb&j!) today, but did you drink this hot or cold? I LOVE (love love love) hot cinnamon dolce, but think it tastes funny cold. (When I ordered this, I ordered it with skim milk instead of almond, which defeats the purpose?)

I forgot about this until I ordered my usual skinny cinnamon dolce latte over lunch (eating it with my pb&j!) today, but did you drink this hot or cold? I LOVE (love love love) hot cinnamon dolce, but think it tastes funny cold. (When I ordered this, I ordered it with skim milk instead of almond, which defeats the purpose?)
Cold! I bet it would be better hot. :scratchin

I legit just got an afternoon coffee from my kcup machine right now because of y'all :surfweb:

I just made an eye appointment for this Saturday to pick out new glasses, but also to pick out prescription sunglasses (I'm not a contact wearer.) And I'm thinking I will need glasses handy for Tink related running and just vacationing since my old pair have reached blurryness. Yay for aging eyes!!
So now I gotta figure out what sunglasses function for running but are also actually cute enough to just wear everyday. I really don't want multiple pairs if I can avoid it. (And I hate transitions so that's a no go on me)

@roxymama & @Ariel484 ... can we hide the pretty things under spoiler tags so that I don't have to see them and be angry that I can't buy them??
Actually ... I'd probably just look at the spoiler tags and still be angry
Unemployment sucks.

Now on to the important stuff...
Shoe plan sounds good. For the last 50-75 miles of my shoe's lifespan I basically only wear them for shorter runs. Running long runs and races in shoes that are almost worn out is not overly comfortable (or good for your joints, probably). Wearing the Nikes for Tink sounds like a good idea.
(Which reminds me, I want to stop by the New Balance store on Wednesday and see if they still have my shoes in stock even though they're now officially an older model).

I can't help with the sunglasses thing since I run in contacts. I'm also not a big fan of transitions ... I wear them sometimes, but if I'm going out in the sun, 99% of the time I'll just put in my lenses and wear sunglasses. But I also have crappy transitions that take like 20 minutes (okay, fine, like 5-10) to get back to normal.

@roxymama & @Ariel484 ... can we hide the pretty things under spoiler tags so that I don't have to see them and be angry that I can't buy them??
Actually ... I'd probably just look at the spoiler tags and still be angry
Unemployment sucks.

Now on to the important stuff...
Shoe plan sounds good. For the last 50-75 miles of my shoe's lifespan I basically only wear them for shorter runs. Running long runs and races in shoes that are almost worn out is not overly comfortable (or good for your joints, probably). Wearing the Nikes for Tink sounds like a good idea.
(Which reminds me, I want to stop by the New Balance store on Wednesday and see if they still have my shoes in stock even though they're now officially an older model).

I can't help with the sunglasses thing since I run in contacts. I'm also not a big fan of transitions ... I wear them sometimes, but if I'm going out in the sun, 99% of the time I'll just put in my lenses and wear sunglasses. But I also have crappy transitions that take like 20 minutes (okay, fine, like 5-10) to get back to normal.

We'd have to hide all the pictures of ourselves then...because we are so PURTY! :D

Yeah. I think Nike Orange are the official half shoes unless they decide to take themselves out of the running
(get it...out of the "running"?? :rotfl2: I'll be here all day)
But seriously, my knee and foot didn't much like my ghosts the last time I took them out for mucho mileage but seem just fine in them on short jaunts. And so far I've felt normal with the Nikes including my LR this week. So there ya go. We'll see how they fair with the 8+ milers though.

And "same" to your transition comment. That's my main gripe. I'm impatient.

My bee skirt and pants are scheduled to arrive today. SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

You are so lucky they had bee skirt in your size! I snoozed too long on it. I'm sure you will be buzzing all day waiting!!!
My kiddo approved my new skirt and then asked why I wasn't wearing it to work today.

Speaking of kiddo she is now officially signed up for her "Piggie Race" during the Flying Pig weekend. We talked about it at length in the car and she wants to do it "really bad" this year (it got rained out last year.) I'll be running it with her unless she decides Daddy will do it.
It's kind of fun to have a "race weekend" coming up where I'm gonna run 1 mile on Friday and potentially 50 yards on Saturday. Sadly, no challenge medals for that combo. Gotta save my legs for Tink the next weekend!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter