RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know some people posted that it took a couple minutes after entering the park to get a BG. Is it based on your ticket having been scanned in, your location on your phone, or both? My phone only works with WiFi so it might be nice to have somebody’s at home with guaranteed internet to get the BG for me if it’s possible.

So I know some people posted that it took a couple minutes after entering the park to get a BG. Is it based on your ticket having been scanned in, your location on your phone, or both? My phone only works with WiFi so it might be nice to have somebody’s at home with guaranteed internet to get the BG for me if it’s possible.

From what I've read:
BG can only be joined from HS. Yesterday people were able to join from the Bag Check area, before they scanned into HS.
Also, all party members need to present at HS for all of them to join a BG.

Why do the parking lots open so much earlier than the Disney buses start running. I feel like we are at a disadvantage by staying onsite without a car. I know we could use Uber or Lyft but we have 12 people and that just seems more complicated....

From what I've read:
BG can only be joined from HS. Yesterday people were able to join from the Bag Check area, before they scanned into HS.
Also, all party members need to present at HS for all of them to join a BG.
And if all guests in the MDX account or combined-linked MDX account aren’t in the park, a Guest Experience CM can assist in joining a BG for the ones in the park.

If you can join a boarding group in the bag check area, before you scan into HS, then how is it necessary for all members to be present?

You can’t.

Disney changed the process that was in place yesterday. Now, all members who want to join a BG must have entered Studios.
So does it detect the location on your phone or is it similar to Maxpass at Disneyland where as long as a ticket has entered a park anyone can get a FP for that ticket if they’re signed in to that account?

And if all guests in the MDX account or combined-linked MDX account aren’t in the park, a Guest Experience CM can assist in joining a BG for the ones in the park.
Well, that’s not good cause there’s no way my family’s getting up that early and I want the earliest BG possible... where are the CMs?

I've been keeping loose tabs on BG join and call times. Trying to get a rough idea for when we arrive next week.
Day 2 - Fri Dec 6th:
You and your entire party must actually enter the park to all join a BG.
Shortly after 6:00a - HS opens the whole park
6:05a - BG 17 assigned
6:20a - BG 10 & 11 called, first guests finish ride by 6:45a
6:40a - BG 26 assigned
6:50a - BG 28 assigned
7:00a - BG 24 called
7:10a - BG 43 assigned
--- Up & Down for a few hours ---
7:15a to 7:45a - RoR down & back up. Evac'd w/ paper FPs.
8:10a - BG 86 assigned
8:15 - "VQ distributed for the day" posted, last BG is around 90 (was near BG 160 yesterday)
9:00a to 9:40a - RoR down & back up. Evac'd w/ paper FPs.
11:10a to 11:50a - RoR down & back up. Evac'd w/ paper FPs.
--- Looks good from here :D ---
1:00p - BG 35 called
1:30p - BG 40 called
2:00p - BG 45 called
3:00p - BG 49 called (assigned 7:30a)
5:30p - BG 74 called
6:40p - BG 83 called
ETA:
7:00p - BG 91 called (last assigned BG)
7:30p - Down again?
9:00p - Almost all BGs made it thru today, the small amount of guests that didn't were given 1 Day Hopper like yesterday.

When RoR runs without issue, close to 10 BGs called per hour on average. Unsure if BGs have a set number of people.
Once your group is called it usually takes 40-70mins to get thru the ride.
HS changed from 9am to 8am open now to Jan 4 (Sat & Sun 6 or 7am open possible?)

Last edited:
So does it detect the location on your phone or is it similar to Maxpass at Disneyland where as long as a ticket has entered a park anyone can get a FP for that ticket if they’re signed in to that account?
Well, that’s not good cause there’s no way my family’s getting up that early and I want the earliest BG possible... where are the CMs?
There's a thread on how to join a boarding group. Please look there. In short it's through the app and it's your mb that has an antenna and they know where you are

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter