Rose and Crown questions

SnowWhite33

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I've made Rose and Crown PS -party of 4-for dinner at 7:30 pm. How realistic are our chances of getting to sit on the patio for Illuminations? The CM told me that any special request ("such as outside seating") would have to be requested at the podium. Should I stop in early and request this? Also if we are seated at 7:30 and Illuminations is at 9- should we eat slow? I realize that's an odd question, but I would hate to be finished up by 8:30 and get the boot out the door, lol:p . Also if we don't get patio seating will they allow us to walk outside for viewing and is there ample room so that we won't be a bother to other guests?

One more thing-how tasty is the food? And what about desserts?

TIA

Snow White----

We made a PS for Rose & Crown at 7:30, hoping to get patio seating for Illuminations. We had a party of 7. I stopped by at 6:00 and requested the patio seating and got a clipped "We can't guarantee that...you get to sit where we seat you or you lose your PS." Not even a "Ok, we'll mark that down." And I was VERY polite and cordial- not demanding, rude, or anything. So, we officially check in at 7:00, 7:10 and I said something like "Party of 7, Black (our last name), and we would sure love a patio table if it is at all possible please." I got the major brush off again (I think every single person asks this and they get sick of it), and when we were called at 7:30 or so, we were seated inside...at two tables no less. They were next to each other, but we were a foot away from our parents- it was weird, but i guess they don't have large tables in that restaurant and that may have had something to do with why we didn't get the patio.

As for the food- we really liked it. We had a MARVELOUS server, Kerry, who more than made up for my disappointment over not getting to sit outside. She was warm and oh so nice. And efficient. The 5 adults had 3 orders of fish and chips, 1 prime rib and 1 steak and shrimp. Mom and Dad split a salad as well. The rolls were very hearty. The fish was very good- hot and tasty. The fries were okay, and I'm not a big fan of peas, so my 20 month old ate those. The kids had pizza and a hot dog. They got cute souvenier cups with their meal.

When we were done, we just exited Rose and Crown (although I have heard you may go on the patio and stand in the back---you just can't block anyone's view) and walked towards Canada. We found a great spot to watch the show, right up by the fence. I don't think we had the #1, prime view- as I recall some things were slightly blocked, but no problem with crowds and I was standing next to a man who had seen it TONS of times, so if he thought it was a good spot to watch, then I was pleased. So, if you don't get a patio seat, don't sweat it---move on out and you will most likely get a nice viewing spot.

P.S. If you are done eating before 9, I am sure they won't boot you out the door. I'm sure they realize that once you're in that patio seat, you're not leaving til the show's over!!!

Last time we were at the Rose & Crown, one of the greeters told us that if you did NOT have a PS then you are automatically seated inside the restaurant. No PS, no patio dining.

We have always been seated on the patio. Sometimes a great view, sometimes not. Typically, we have had a 7:40 pm reservation, with plans to watch the fireworks.

Last time our dinner arrived at our table within 12 minutes of sitting down. We were somewhat shocked at how soon the food arrived, and yes we did have an appetizer.

The food is ok at best and we haven't found any spectacular deserts. The best part of the dinner is the view and watching Illuminations. The wait staff has always been friendly.

Troy

We have had PS times of 7:20 to 7:40 during our last 5 visits. We have gotten the patio seating twice, twice sat inside and once decided to move on. Each time we checked in early and asked the cm politely for an outside table and hoped for the best. I really do think its the luck of the draw and we have always had the best CM's. We have found the CM's very helpfull and kind but there are only so many outside tables!!

Go for it and hope for that Disney Magic but be prepared to dine inside or move on - don't let it run the great Illuminations show either way..

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter