Rope-Dropping RotR Standby - Expected Wait Time?

KSL

DIS Veteran
The plan: get to DHS for early opening (at 8:00; regular park opening at 8:30), and head straight to Rise of the Resistance to wait standby.
The question: can anyone who has experience doing this recently give me an idea of how long we might expect to wait (understanding there could be ride outages, etc.). I'm trying to decide whether we have time to try this before a 9:30 adr at Oga's.
Thanks!!

Your wait will depend on how close you are to the front of the rope drop crowd, but yes, this should be doable easily.

If the attraction opens on time and operates smoothly, you should be through in an hour at most, and likely quite a bit less.

Your biggest enemy isn’t the crowd. It’s the very real possibility it won’t open on time.
I agree with this. I was there last month and Rise was down during early entry on both of our HS days. It also went down at park close while we were in line.

I agree with this. I was there last month and Rise was down during early entry on both of our HS days. It also went down at park close while we were in line.
I wouldn’t even attempt to rope drop Rise for this reason. I’d head to Tower or RnRC instead.

Reactions: KSL
If you want an alternate strategy, we recently rode Rise twice during the last hour and twenty minutes of operation with the longest wait at 15 minutes. We could have done it a 3rd time but opted for Tower instead.

This may be a more efficient use of time then fighting through the morning crowd just to do it once.

Ahhh, interesting. I hadn't even considered (doh!) that it might not open on time at Early Entry. Hmmm. So maybe we alter the strategy to late-night. Thank you all so much for these comments!!

If your goal is to do Rise, I would be in line 45 minutes before EE. You really want to be at the front of the line. Otherwise, it quickly fills. In April, by the time the park opened, the line was nearly back to muppets.

Last time I tried to rope drop Rise, I ended up at the park about an hour before opening (EE) and was second in line for Rise. The queue filled up fast.... Luckily the ride was having a good morning and opened with the park. Was off the ride right before park opened to regular guests. If you want to be toward the front I'd arrive earlier than 30 minutes prior.

In March, Rise at rope drop was something like a 3hr wait if you weren't up front. It also went down four times the day I was there. OTOH, we got in line late in the day and waited about 50 minutes. My big concern at that point was that it would go down again while we were in line and we wouldn't get to ride at all.

Ok so maybe our plan should be to arrive at DHS between 7:00-7:15 (EE is at 8:00; park opening is 8:30). Is there any way to know if RotR is running before hoofing back to GE? Like on a tip board or the app somewhere? Assuming not, we'll try to be at the front of the pack and head straight over with fingers crossed that it is running. I'm definitely out of shape but will try to keep up with the rest of my group which will be doing the fast-walk for sure haha. If it's not running, we could continue the loop through to Toy Story and see if we can do Midway Mania (assuming we will have missed the advantage with Slinky), and try for RotR at the end of the night (on a different day, as we plan to take a mid-day break and hop). Does that sound like a good plan?

Thanks to all for the feedback!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter