Rope Dropping in Each Park

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
We are staying at SSR starting 5/23. We will rope drop each park using early entry. For those who have recently done this, what ride did you go to first in each park and why?

We are staying at SSR starting 5/23. We will rope drop each park using early entry. For those who have recently done this, what ride did you go to first in each park and why?
At AK last week we rope dropped FOP because we didn't want to pay for it. Off in plenty of time to grab some coffee and get in standby line for Safari, walked the Gorilla trail, rode EE standby, walked the tiger trail, had some snacks and then watched the 11:00 Lion King show. That was all I really wanted to do at the park, we wandered some more animal trails, had a drink at the Dawa bar and listened to some interesting music (kora player), and headed out.

At HS we intended to rope drop ToT but it was closed so we did Smuggler's run. I had bought ILL for Rise and G+ for Slinky, later used G+ for TSMM, ST, and Tot. Not nearly as efficient as out MK day without G+!

Those were the only rope drop parks we did. Went to MK on a 4:30 closing day, got in at regular time and rode JC, Pirates, BTMRR, Splash, and HM by 11:30.

HS we rope dropped Slinky Dog Dash. It seemed like a long line but it was only because the regular queue had not opened yet. Once the park "opened" we cruised through and were on in no time.

One day at HS we rope dropped Buzz Lightyear and another day we rope dropped Peter Pan. Each day we had an ILL for 7DMT and for our first Genie+ we used Space Mountain on one day and Splash Mountain on the other.

Last week we rope-dropped Space Mountain at MK as I was fine paying for 7DMT. Our first Genie+ selection was Jungle Cruise.

At Epcot we rope-dropped Soarin’ as Test Track was down and we didn’t feel like walking all the way to Norway for Frozen (we bought Remy LL).

Last week of April trip: At MK we rope dropped Buzz and did that 3x in a row bc that's my kids favorite ride, then Speedway and Small World before starting our Genie+ rides. As HS we rope-dropped Rise, then Smugglers, then Toy Story, then Alien before using our ILL for Slinky. At AK we were planning on rope-dropping FOP but it was down (and we had got up at 5:45 that morning for the 7:00 open) GRR! So have a back-up plan. We rode Navi. By that time a huge line had built up for Safari bc EE was also down. Not a great day at AK. At Epcot we planned to rope drop Remy, but it was down. 2nd day in a row with a headliner down at Early Entry!!

Last week of April trip: At MK we rope dropped Buzz and did that 3x in a row bc that's my kids favorite ride, then Speedway and Small World before starting our Genie+ rides. As HS we rope-dropped Rise, then Smugglers, then Toy Story, then Alien before using our ILL for Slinky. At AK we were planning on rope-dropping FOP but it was down (and we had got up at 5:45 that morning for the 7:00 open) GRR! So have a back-up plan. We rode Navi. By that time a huge line had built up for Safari bc EE was also down. Not a great day at AK. At Epcot we planned to rope drop Remy, but it was down. 2nd day in a row with a headliner down at Early Entry!!
I find it astounding how frequently rides go down. I understand they are complex. And I understand new rides having glitches, but rides like TT and EE going down often is mind boggling.

I find it astounding how frequently rides go down. I understand they are complex. And I understand new rides having glitches, but rides like TT and EE going down often is mind boggling.
Oh it was super frustrating! We ended up having to buy ILL for a different day so that we could ride FOP and Remy, and had to change our schedule around. Not really an advantage for staying on site when headliner rides are down at Early Entry!

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain (Space Mountain at end of the day)
AK: FOP
HS: ROTR (and at end of the day). We got there around 7, and they let us in at 7:30. We had all 3 SW rides and TSM done by 10:00
Epcot: Ratatouille (we were staying at Deluxe resort and entered at International Gateway

The week after Easter. Rope dropped HS, got there about 5 min. after early entry (cause I'm lazy) waited in line 60 min. for Rise then it went down so walked over to ToT and it was just about a 30 min. wait, that was about 30 min. after the park opened for other people (rode Rise later in the week about 8:15 in the evening, wait time listed as 70, took 30). Why because that line gets long and stays that way.

Rope dropped Epcot, again about 5 or 10 min. after early entry, got in line for Remy. Listed at 50, took 30. Why, because I had tried to ride it the night before and it went down 50 min. into the wait. I hadn't ridden it yet so figured I should, don't need to ride it again.

Rope dropped AK, again about 5 min after early entry (see a pattern) went to Navi and rode it walk on. I'm not a fan of FoP but that line was listed at about 45 min. Left Navi and walked over to Safari, which didn't open until 8:30 when the park opened so I grabbed some breakfast and ate it. When the ride opened it was basically a walk on. Why, again tried to ride it the night before, stood in line about 50 min. and it went down. I actually enjoy Navi and had ridden Dinosaur the night before, so other than Safari there were no other rides I wanted to do at AK. I'm not a fan of most of the rides at AK and spend most of an entire day watching the shows and actually watching the animals.

Rope dropped MK and was maybe right at early entry time. Went straight to SDMT, it had a 60 min. wait posted and it was about that. Why, because I had already been to MK the night before and ridden most of everything else I wanted to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter