Rooms for 5 in party

suz2

Mouseketeer
Hi there!! We just got back from our vaction to the beach. I am now planning next year's vacaction to WDW. We went back in 2005 to WDW. We had a blast!!! This is a special trip for our family. My dad has said for years that he wants to take the kids to WDW the year he retires. So... I am planning this trip. Last time, we stayed off property. This time we want to stay on property. What suggestion do you all have for a family of 4 plus grandpa? I want a low to moderate rate resort.

Hello! I also have a family of 5 (6 if my mom comes with us on trips) so I often try to decide where to stay that is affordable. For a moderate resort, POR (formerly Dixie Landings) can sleep 5 people - values will only allow 4 people in 1 room, so unless you want 2 rooms, you should go for the family Suites in ASMusic - rumors have it that POP the legendary years will be new family suites, but construction has been stopped for so long now, who knows when and if it will ever begin again.

I hope you have a wonderful family trip next year :goodvibes

Depending on your budget there is quite a few actually.
But this also depends on ages of your children, because some rooms have a day bed in them to make it so that they can sleep 5. But this day bed will not sleep someone that is 6ft though, if you know what I mean. It can be very comfortable for a child lets say up to about 10-12 years old. Of course when you call and book they can tell you this as well.

Polynesian and Boardwalk both offer these rooms with Daybeds in them.
Wilderness Cabins is very nice as well, plus its a little more quiet because you don't have to worry about someone next to you or out in the hall making a lot of noise. Wilderness Cabins have 1 BR which has a full size bed and a set of bunk beds and then in the Living/Great Room Area there is a murphy bed (comes down out of the wall) that is also a full size bed, so it sleeps six. Plus if you fibbed and didn't tell them of a seventh person, you could put a seventh on the couch, but they only technically allow 6. Plus you get full kitchen, so I usually go up to Walmart and stock the kitchen so that I can make a lot of meals there, especially breakfast. Plus each cabin has an outside grill (need to get charcoal), so you can have a cookout and there is a nice deck with a picnic table.

As stated before you can also get the family suites at Allstar and POR also offers the daybed deal I believe, but I only stayed there one time and that was back when it was Dixie Landings and only for 1 night.

Then if you wanted to splurg you could get 1BR villas at Boardwalk, Old Key West, Saratoga, Beach Club or Wilderness. Then there is also the Garden rooms at Boardwalk Inn. Then to really go all out almost all Deluxes offer Suites that are very nice.

I saw a thread yesterday that had pics of the inside of a lot of these rooms, if anyone can find it and provide a link, that would probably help you to decide as well. Then you could see the inside for yourself (in pics anyway) and then way the looks, prices and sizes.

Hope this helped and if I find that thread I will come back with a link.

what about renting points... DVC villas.... :rolleyes1

Renting points could be an option, although the points usually go for around $10 per point. It sounds like you would need a two bedroom villa if you wanted to have more than 4 people. This will put you over the amount that you stated you wanted to pay. Example: The points at Saratoga Springs Resort for a two Bedroom that sleeps up to eight are as follows. If you go in July, Sunday - Thursday it is 36 Points per night. Friday - Saturday it is 68 points per night. So if you were to spend a week there it would cost you around $3,160 for the week if you were to get the points for $10 each. If you go here http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml This will show you all the point charts for all of the DVC resorts.

Good Luck.

Marc

Also the Ft Wilderness Cabins sleep 6 with a full kitchen, Granted they only have 1 bathroom, but you can schedule around and they are nice and within the sme price range as the All Star Suite

I'm all for this. I've done it several times now and it's a breeze. Just get
references and feel good about it beforehand. We went last Dec. 9-15,
a Mon-Fri., 5 nights at 108 pts, $10/pt. for a total of $1,080. We were in a
2BR at SSR. This is about $200/night and the rack rate for a 2BR was around
$550/night. Big savings! Enjoy! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter