• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room choices for 1st time visit to OKW

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
I called MS yesterday and requested building, 62, 63, 64, 15 or 16 top floor only (for noise purposes). I wanted to be close by the Hospitality house and closer to a bus stop with also having a water view.

Did I make the right choices? Again, this is my first time going to OKW so not sure what to expect. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

Hi -- We just returned (3/1) from 6 wonderful days -- 3 at VB and 3 at OKW. Perfect weather, great CMs everywhere and good food at Shutters, Sonya's and Olivia's.
Answering your questions about building choices at OKW. We were in Building 15. 1518 to be exact. Top floor -- with no one at all on the bedroom side because of building configuration. It is on Miller's Road, close to bus stop, close to quiet pool, and at the back of the building so you are facing water and a putting green (fun to watch). We thought it was one of the best we have been in for view and quiet. It was clean and in almost perfect repair. The exceptions are things which my husband looks at because he is a perfectionist. Such as drawers sticking, dishwasher door rubbing drawer overhang, dishwasher racks which worked very hard, bathroom door squeaking and gasket around shower door needing replacing. I will send an e-mail to DVC with those small complaints so that Maintenance can work on them.
Now, if you want to know about our room at VB -- well, let's just say that we took a studio -- which we have not done since our very first stay at OKW before buying. We were on a corner -- our little patio had drainage problems and had a puddle of water in the middle during our whole stay, so we could not use the patio. It was a lock-off and our neighbors had three children in a 1-bedroom and were very noisy by 7 a.m. and those doors are just not made soundproof at all. Let's just say that we felt like members of their family. We knew the children's names and which was which and what they liked to eat and their toys, etc. You get the picture. After that visit, I have amended my list of requests when I make a ressie. No more studio -- no more 1st floor.
Hope this helps you with your building choices.
Pattyoh

YOur choices sound fine for what you are looking for. 62,63,&64 will be a little farther to the quiet pool, but they will have an elevator for that top floor! I just made a ressie for Southpoint area because I like that pool, but I forgot to ask for top floor. HMMMMM, forgot all about that! Last December, we had noisy kids above us bouncing super balls at 6:00 AM everyday!

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter