Roll call for August 29th 2004 wonder

Oh and by the way, I wonder if the guy on the match your mate show ever discovered the magic:earseek:

Thanks for the info, Linda. I placed a call and left a message--but I am sure they have their hands full until the bad weather is over. I really hope that the photos are back in lost & found. It was one of the few times I didn't immediately want to hide an image of me :headache:

Eileen, sounds like your steward will be having a really good time onboard during the storm! :drinking1

We left a bottle of wine for our steward too. He did such a great job. Our stateroom was always so cluttered when we left, but when we came back in the evening it looked great!!!

--Maria

It's so nice to be seeing Roll Call for August 29 Wonder in my email list again!!

Eileen, we are thinking about the 3rd week in April, 2006 - around the 18th or so when the kids are on school vacation. Paul is a manager in a large restaurant business on Cape Cod - the managers are asked to take their vacation on non-summer weeks if possible due to it being their busiest tourist season. (We got special permission this year). I believe Roger and Maria are thinking about the same April week. What about joining us?? Any other takers? I had a bit of price shock but we'll have a long time to save. Non school vacation weeks were a lot cheaper but the kids would have to miss school.

Dorothy must have been happy to have you home. Liesl hasn't left my side for a second since I've been home. She grew a bit and her baby teeth fell out while we were away!

P.S. Kind of mad we only got to use our YC refillable mugs for one night! :headache:

P.P.S. Paul loved the Galley Tour - the backstage tour of the restaurants. He said it was amazingly clean and efficient. They actually grind up most of the uneaten food and feed it to the fish! They have the capabilty to serve 300 meals per 1/2 hr in each restaurant.

Hi Linda, ... Loved your post and Nick is saying.. so what do you think?... Can I ask for the price they gave you?.. We already have a plan to save for the next cruise... gonna have to do something between now and then for just the two of us! Dorothy is doing fine and happy that we are home... she was doing a serious disney dance when I picked her up from vet... Got her a few new bones today so I guess she forgives me? Would love to cruise with all of u again!! Eileenxx00

Eileen, the 7 night was about (gasp) $4K for an inside stateroom and $5K for a verandah room. That included tne 10% discount for booking onboard. She couldn't give an exact price because 2006 dates and prices aren't out yet.

We can save!!! So what if we shop at Goodwill for our clothes and forego the Starbucks making our coffee at home - it will be worth it in April, 2006!!!

Ok, so research concludes that we can do this... We got a really good plan and hope to stick with it... got to get back t0 you on themm date. would love to do it with you again! Eileen

Hi Everyone I will be working on getting the Photos uploaded over the next few days. If you would like to view and download any of them please e-mail me your e-mail address and I will send you the website address information.

Talk to you soon:earsboy:

Roger

PS. Eileen did you get my PM??

Hi All,

Looking for ideas on how to write our Dis Meet trip report. If I do it just from my perspective then we'll miss out on all the great moments some of you had together. Maria had suggested she could put something together in one thread if we all sent things to her. What do you think? How about if we all write a short report on our meet from our own perspective? (We could do seperate Trip Reports on another forum if so desired). We could set a deadline to give everyone time to write - would Sept 30 be enough time? And Maria, is this something you could do? All ideas are welcome, let us know.

Linda

Sure. Has anyone seen any other trip reports that they liked? I don't think this forum format supports any design -- just text.

We finally made it home tonite 8:30pm Pacific time. We were not really concered when we got off the Wonder but within 5 minutes of turning on the cell, Michelles ex calls telling us to get out of Florida now. Being in the business Iam in I wasn't about to go off half cocked.

We went to the Boardwalk Villas and checked in. Then it was onto the phone lines and on with the local news. Our sunday flight was already cancelled, local emergancy services recommended staying where we were and thats just what we did.

As it turned out Frances was not what we expected. Friday was spent at the MK and it was great, no lines, walked onto every ride.
Saturday the parks were closed and we were advised to stay in our rooms. (Spent half the day in the Pool)
Sunday Frances arrived. We stayed in our rooms and watched it unfulled from our balcony and on the news.
Monday back to the MK and despite some rain it was another uncrowded day.
Today, up early and on the plane home.

We did talk to Jane and Phil daily and they were hoping to get out today also. Hope they did.

It was great meeting all of you and we hope we can get togeather again. Michelle's already talking about the 2006 cruise.

Keep in touch

Jay

Hi All!! Was trying to go to sleep but just had to check the boards!! I just had so much fun on this cruise that repeating one, with all of you just seems like the way to go!! So, 2006 it is and when everyone has the date picked, just let us know..........don't think I can forego Starbuck's but if it means saving those pennies (Lol) will do it!!
Maria, did Roger find his international travel bag at the port's terminal?? You will never believe that in the excitement/ sadness of seeing you and having to say goodbye, that Paige's luggage was not put on the cart and then taken byaccident by another family and is currently in Washington DC of all places..........hoping to get it back nextweek.
Even in the midst ofFrances, we had such a great time!! The parks were awesome and my Tyler who normally doesn't like anything but the carousel, actually went on rides!! To experience the magic of Disney with him, and to see the wonder and joy on his face, made this trip just glorious for me!! His first day of school is tomorrow as a first grader and Ialready miss him!! It was an awesome vacation and I'm not ready for it to end!
2006 or Bust!
Michelle

Just a very quick note to let you know we have just arrived home, three days late. We actually had a wonderful time having our vacation extended. It is something we will never forget! I must go now as I have had no sleep on the 9 hour overnight flight home and this won't be making a lot of sense, but I just had to let you all know what an absolute pleasure it was to meet you all. It made our trip complete meeting up with such wonderful people.

Hope we will be on the mailing list for some wonderful Christmas cards this year........

Much love

Jane, Phil, Chris, Kathryn and Beth

Michelle and Jane,
Glad you and your families had a good time despite Frances and all made it home safely. Would love to hear more about your adventures in the hurricane. Paul and I are having major blues because we ended our vacation early. We definately were not ready to come home. But we did have nice birthday presents this week: Andrea and Chris just went off to first grade too this morning. Seven years and we finally have some breathing room! :teeth:

Guess Jane hasn't had time to read the previous posts, lol. We'll have to work on her and Deborah re: the 2006 cruise since the rest of us are in.

Did you see that the Wonder folks that left after us ended up with a 5 night cruise and disembarked in Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale? Also the 28th Magic turned into a 10 night cruise and also went into PE. It was a 3 hr ride back to PC by DCL bus. The Wonder is now at CC without passengers assessing the damage there. The Magic now has a 4 night cruise - our friend on her honeymoon chose to rebook Thanksgiving week.

Hard to believe that we were the last group to enjoy CC in probably a while. They may not be able to go back there for a weeks depending on the damage. Hope it's not too bad.

Have a good week, guys.

Welcome home everyone!!!:wave: :Pinkbounc Glad to see that everyone made it out of frances without problems... You were all in our prays and we were also kinda jealous considering that you got such great days without lines:sunny: We are settling in and Eileen and Giorgio started school this week. Gio started K and is over the edge with excitment! Very busy week so far and will try to get my feelings about the trip out some time this weekend. Have a great week and keep on smiling. Love, Ei:sunny: Nick and familyxxoo

Michele & Jay, Jane & Phil & Children, so glad to hear you are back home. And happy to hear that the hurricane was not as bad as expected! We watched CNN all weekend thinking of you in WDW! Glad to hear that it had some positives--no lines!

Hope you all have been reading our previous posts. Roger has sent out a Magical Gatherings email to all (if you did not get it, please let us know!). Hope to have you join us all in 2006 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: It was great fun sailing with everyone--it will only be better next time!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Talk to you soon, Maria :wave2:

Can't wait to see you again in 2006!! LOL
What exact week are you looking at? When the dates come out, just want to be sure we book the same week. Paige would be devastated if she thought she would never see Gabrielle again. She told me that she never had a best friend and now she has 2, Beth and Gabrielle! Got the invite from Roger too! Thanks!! Will write more later! Just trying to get used to the real world again! Still need to grocery shop! Yuk!
Michelle

The 2006 Cruises are available. We have Booked the April 15th 7 day Eastern Cruise. I think this date will match pretty close with our Spring break. Please let us know if you guys can go.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I couldn't believe how steep the prices were for that week, I guess it's Easter week. An inside Cat 11 was $5400 WITH the 10% discount. Friends of ours are coming with us - she's a teacher and needs to go on school vacation week and also they wanted a verandah room SO we ended up booking the week of Feb 18 instead of April 15 :sad: (but it was $3700 instead). I am bummed about not going with you guys... unless of course I could persuade you guys to look at the Feb week???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter