Roll call for August 29th 2004 wonder

Glad you find our little group.......isn't it awesome!! Gosh, I so wish you were cruising with us! We will have to plan better next year......... I'm sure once we are onboard, we will just have to prebook another one.........I'm so looking forward to relaxing and enjoying a vacation! This year has been the pits, but hey, we have all survived and come out the better!! I really, really want to make this a special trip for Jay! Don't need to tell you just how much I love him! Ok, enough of this, I'm starting to tear up!
Anyway, I have really kept to a budget in the shopping arena......yeah, I know, big surprise, but you'd be very proud.....as long as Paige is not with me, I am fine........but you know, all she needs to ask and the world is hers!! Besides, I'm hoping to get a new bauble for my jewerlry wardrobe while in Nassau so of course, I need to budget!! LOL
So wish I had some of your Dad's merlot!! It is the absolute best! I know our box of merlot won't compare, but hey a buzz is a buzz! Please pray I don't get sick!!
Love you lots!
Michelle

Marsha, what a sweet sister in law you are to post! This year I have come to truly appreciate the value of friends and family in my life who care enough about me to do seemingly small things like that. I wish you could join us, too! (would love to try the homemade merlot...)

Kids this morning have my old disco CDs cranked, this year promised them we could do a little dancing in Studio Sea at the Family Disco. DS a little shy (like DH) but looks soooo cute dancing.

Remembered yesterday I have to borrow walkie talkies from my friend. Cell phones don't work on the ship once you leave Fla so we liked having those just to keep in touch on board if we're separated.

This morning my mind is on my pup, Liesl - anyone mind if I vent? (Stop right here if you're not into dogs :rolleyes: ). She's my 6th German Shepherd. Have had brother and sister pair for last 13 yrs, lost female this winter (same day all my hair came out but that's another story) and still have 13yo male. Both of those completly off leash trained, had them before kids and spent years training as a hobby. This pup is going to be a challenge, she's kind of shy but also the kids are making it difficult for me to train her. My hope is to work our way up to Therapy Dog but I'm wondering if she doesn't have the basic personality for that. Have been going to Puppy Kindergarten, went last night, vet running class thinks she's making strides but I have my work cut out for me. I do take her everywhere - we walk by the ocean a lot, she comes to kids games and activities and the beach, etc... wherever I can take her for socialization. One probelm is that instead of going to our old training person, we chose a different training class closer to home and she uses training methods much different than what we're used to. Thinking of calling old trainer even though he's an hour away, liked it much better there somehow (other dogs were fully trained by this age). I really would like to do work with Therapy Dogs, have always wanted to work with animals and with my background would love to take dog into hospitals, nursing homes, etc... Liesl's father is a Therapy Dog too. Thanks for listening, feel kind of badly but whatever will be will be (maybe, like other things in my life, the bigger the challenge the sweeter the rewards??). She's really a great dog who's blossomed a huge amount already, I'm really going to miss her constant companionship when we go away (my little buddy :hug: - she was an End of Treatment present from my family). I tried very hard to rescue a dog from German Shepherd Rescue of New England but the kids had to be 7 (which they will be in October, so sad they wouldn't bend the rules a bit) but I really needed to get out this summer with my dog (13yo can't walk well anymore - used to be an agility champ). Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Hi Linda, I can be very little help here although I play with the pups at work every day. Seems to me that some dogs just don't have the personality that is needed to be good house pets.. We have had two dogs in our program and to be honest with you, I would not have let them near my children... Currently, we have a little lab named Cordy, she is three months old and is already showing major signs of aggression. She growls at people and does this really cute creaping thing.. although I doubt it will be cute when she gets older.. I have concerns about her and wonder if she will remain in the program if she continues on this path. My dog.. Dorothy, was a love from the day she arrived in the prison. She was nothing but sweet and that is why I knew she would be a wonderful member of my family..I wish you all the luck in your new venture... See you on the ship! Eileen'k/9

Thanks, Eileen. I should clarify: Liesl is great with our family including the kids who she's really grown to love (and they her). She's a little shy with strangers and other dogs and that's why I take her everywhere, to socialize her with people and other dogs. She's done great, she will now go up to other dogs or let them come to her, just a little shy and also when people pat her she's shy. Haven't seen signs of aggression. Just not sure if she'll be the type of dog to enjoy having strangers pat her (as a Therapy Dog). But she is only 4 1/2 months old so we have a long way to go and even the vet/trainer said she's already seen an improvement in 2 classes. At home she's not shy at all!!

Update: after writing my note this morning I did call my old trainer and we are going to go back there for training when we get home from vacation. I was so relieved!! He explained there is a new wave of "political correctness" in dog training using food and not doing corrections which is exactly what my current trainer is doing. That's why I was having a hard time, it was so different than the training I was used to - not mean but correcting with a collar (the classic method of dog training). The way we were doing it I could not correct her if she was rough playing with the kids or the other dog, it was a free for all - and the kids took advantage of it thinking it was funny having her chase and nip them, etc.... I started the "old" method of training with her today and she's already improving. I should have stuck to my gut.

Thanks for your help and listening. I love my Shepherds and want things to go smoothly with them. I think I got spoiled with my other two who were incredible dogs and seemingly easy to train. Liesl is going to be awesome too, I'm just going to have to work a little harder with her. Sounds like you have a great dog.

Hi Linda, That is how Dorothy is kept trained... give her a pop as we call it... training collars are a wonderful thing.. our trainer at work says that dogs respond to love and praise.. and of course a good correction... good luck... cant wait.. we are now doing the single digit dance... LOL Eileen

Well everyone, in exactly 24 hours the minibus should be pulling up outside the house to take us to the airport for our 9 hour flight to Orlando Sanford. I have one or two tweensy weensy little things to do today, so just incase I don't get back on here I just wanted to say safe travels to all of you, enjoy the first part of your vacations and can't wait to meet you all at 3pm on the 29th. (I have sent on or two PM's, so I'll try and check those later as I may see some of you at WDW)

I hope we are not the only family wearing geeky green Mickey head badges. Did anyone else bother, or should I leave them at home?!

Happy planning and packing. Love to all. May get on the internet next week, so I'll keep in touch if I do.

Fondest regards

Jane and Phil

and wondering when you were leaving for the states!! Have a great flight and counting the days until we are onboard the ship and have a chance to meet........Matty says hi........he is sitting on my lap............hoping he goes to bed soon! I'm tired!!
Take care! Love to all!
Michelle and MATT!!!!!!!!!

Hi - we are heading down over the weekend. It is me, my DH and mom setting sail on the 29th! Its our first Disney cruise, though we have all been on other cruises.

Jane, wishing you a speedy and safe flight. Enjoy your trip!

Missy - welcome! Please see previous posts if you'd like to join us when we meet. Sunday, 3pm, Deck 7 Aft, we'll have wine. If you include the names of your group I'll edit the names post to include yours.

Hard to believe it's getting so close! Can't wait to relax on the ship! :boat: :wizard:

Jane, hope you and your family have a safe flight. See you soon on Deck 7! :cheer2: We are leaving tomorrow night and I am busy packing!!!! Who knew my son would outgrow all his pants in the last few weeks. . . . TGFS :-)hyper: Thank God For Sales!!!) P.S. Welcome Missy :thewave:

Hi Jane, I sent you a pm, hope you get it before you leave.. have a wonderful trip and kiss mickey for me... xxxoo Eileen

...for the good wishes. Just lurking on these boards one last time before leaving for the airport. Eileen and Deborah, I have got your PM's - thanks. Will get in touch at WDW

Right, must go and check windows, water, fridge, goldfish etc.

Happy vacation everyone!

:Pinkbounc We are out of here tommorrow!!! Yes it is finally time I can hardly wait to see you guys. See you all in a week!:wave:
Deborah
Are we there yet?:crazy:
Yes we are!!:tongue:

We aren't leaving until Thursday morning!! I guess I'll be here by myself for awhile!! BOO HOO!!!!
Can't wait !! Seven days and counting!! I'm so looking forward to our deck party!! Yeah!
Michelle

sniff, guess I will be the last one there.. not leaving till Saturday...better later the never! Eileen

Michelle,

Thurs will be here before you know it. Have fun at your get together.

I started washing and packing today the next two weeks will be hectic at work. Labor day weekend we will be at my parents so next weekend is my last weekend to get ready.

Have a wonderful time, be safe, and say hi from me to your new friends.

Ps your brother has his 30 yr class reunion next saturday.

Love ya, take good care all of you

Marsha

I'll be here until Saturday too...

BTW, who's going to write the DisMeet trip report?? No hands? OK, I probably will...:blush:

To Everyone Left: have a safe and easy flight and we'll see you in a week onboard the Wonder! :boat:

Eileen
We are not leaving until Sunday morning. We will try to meet at 3pm at deck 7 aft.
Heres the names of my group
dd Jessica 11
dn Sarah 11
dn Kristine 15
my mom Elaine

Have a safe trip. I have loved reading everyones ideas and tips.

thanks
Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter