Roll call for August 29th 2004 wonder

Hi guys, glad to hear from you all....Im still liking the date! Will have to call and work on rates... Roger, we are planning to go that date hope evryone else can make it! Eileen

Hey Everyone!!
I was thinking of all of you a lot last night as I finally got around to putting the photo album from our cruise together. Things got nuts in the fall but have finally and thankfully quieted down. We made it to WDW in January to finish the portion of our trip we missed due to Frances. We had a blast!! Stayed at Pop Century and got to use the MYW dining plan and sample nighttime EMH at the different parks. Santa was good to us!!

Seeing all of you in the pictures made me want to just drop a note to say "hi". Hope everyone is well. I really enjoyed getting Michelle's Christmas card in the mail with the Wonder in the background - thank you! Wish I'd been organized enough to get all of your addresses. Maria, did you ever get your Christmas cards after you misplaced them? (I also had a computer crash in the fall so I lost all the links you emailed for the pictures on the Sony site). Eileen, how's your planning coming? I'm sure everyone's getting excited about the planning for the 2006 trips, I know I am. Jane and Deb how are you? :grouphug:

You don't know how many times I have thought of you in the last few months! So glad, that you are doing well! What a relief to hear!! So glad you made it back to Disney!! Sounds like it was just what you all needed!! Gosh, your next cruise is less than a year away!! Are you getting excited yet?? How fun to be cruising with Eileen and Nick!! They are a hoot!!
I'm glad you liked our Christmas Card. Jay and Russell had their eyes closed because of the glare from the sun, but we still so loved the picture and it brought back so many wonderful memories of our time on Castaway Cay, the highlight of our trip!! I just so loved that day!!
Jay and I talk to Jane and Phil at least once a week!! They are doing great as are the children!! They are planning to go to the Swiss Alps for Easter. How exciting is that?? Hoping they make it back to the states next year!! We will all have to work on a reunion of some sort!!
Take care and Be well!
Michelle

Hi to all,
Well it's almost the end of summer. The kids are gearing up to go back to school. They just found out today who their teachers are. I haven't written or spoke with anyone in a while about this upcoming cruise--and you know it will be here before we know it! I think that I've already forgotten half of the stuff I said I needed to remember after the last cruise!!!!!
You know every time the cruise is mentioned, Gabrielle asks if Paige is coming. I don't think she can even imagine a cruise without her!! So Michelle, I hope that you and Paige and all the boys (& I'm including Jay in that :goodvibes ) are doing fine. Drop us a note if you get a chance. It's time to start foruming--is that a word?!
Love to all,
Maria :flower:

Hi Maria and everyone else!! :wave:

It was so nice to see this thread in my email again!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Can you believe it was a year ago in two days that we were on our cruise ?? :goodvibes :boat:

Glad to hear the DVC from NJ family is doing well! Those beautiful kids must be getting big! We're doing the same - gearing up for back to school and looking forward to our cruise in February. I can't say we haven't thought about it, though. We've been talking about it all summer through (endless :faint: ) baseball, soccer and basketball games since our friends from home will be joining us. Our biggest concerns are whether to rent tuxes or not (think we're going to - hopefully ones with Mickey Mouse ties and cummerbunds ::MickeyMo ); where we're staying prior to the cruise and how we're getting to port; and what excursions we'd like to do, LOL. Cool news too - someone on our Dis cruise meet is staying in the Walt Disney Suite so they're thinking of hosting our meet in there!! :wizard: :wizard: (A far cry from that scorching Secret Deck)! :rotfl: Have fun planning your cruise, and check in here once in a while to let us know how your plans are coming - maybe sharing info would be helpful?? (Yours is an Eastern too, isn't it)??

I am doing well, have had a good summer. Taking time to smell the roses and heal mind and spirit. Another survivor and I started a thread we're pretty proud of here on the Dis called the Breast Cancer Survivor's thread. Seemed like every week someone was here asking for support about a scary mammogram or prayers for someone they knew, etc... so now people can check in there and can be in the company of others who understand and can offer support.

Enjoy the rest of the summer, all. Would love to hear from the rest of the gang!! :grouphug:

:love: It was so great to hear from you Linda. I am happy to hear that you are doing so well!--And that your family is fine too. I am so far behind on this cruising stuff! Roger keeps telling me that last time I had all the details worked out months in advance and this time I keep saying "What? We need a Tux? What else am I forgetting?!" Oh well, I know that it's still 7 months away but there's so much to plan for this time. . . . .
Talk to you soon,
Maria

Hi Maria! Great to hear from you too! Thought about you, Roger and the kids so much this summer, especially in the last week! It is wild to think that this time last year we were already in Florida gearing up for our cruise of a lifetime!! Unfortunately, we had to cancel our plans for the April 06 cruise. I have put off writing as I'm having a hard time coming to grips with it, let alone talk or write about it. Towards the end of the school year, we found out that Paige has got to take state mandated testing the very week we would be gone on the cruise. As it stands, our spring break is scheduled for the first week in April, not the week of the cruise. That alone would have been do-able, but these tests are mandatory, and count against not only the student but the school, if each pupil does not take them. She could make them up, but that would be yet one more week out of the classroom, and we felt it would be too stressful for her. I know Paige and if she wasn't fretting on the ship about what was going on in school, she would be shortly after we hit land! I am so bummed, but I know it is for the best. We are anxiously awaiting cruise dates for 2007 and will book just as soon as they come out. Hoping that we can all be together again on a 7 day!! Any times best for you?? We are thinking summer of 07, but want to get ideas from all of you first! Trying to get Phil and Jane onboard too! Would so love to make this a reunion trip with Linda, Paul, Eilleen, Nick and of course all of you too. Cruising will never be the same without our gang!!
I'm so truly sorry we aren't able to relive the magic with you! Just typing this, has led to a pit in my stomach and a tear in my eye!! I can't even describe how horrible I feel that are plans have gone awry! Take care!! Always,
Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter