ROLL CALL: 12/27/2003 - Who's Goin'??

Hello, fellow 12/27/03-1/3/04 DIS cruisers! Just wanted to say hi and to say where are we all going to be in 4 months from today? :bounce:

Can't wait to meet you all!!:Pinkbounc

Hope all is well with everyone. Just think, we will all soon be doing the double digit dance!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Lisa:earsgirl:

Hi everyone,
Just noticed that we went over 100 posts on this thread!

Noseybuddy,
I just read the thread you started about what do teens wear. Ouch. Our DS 16 will wear dockers or dark dress pants on formal nights with a collared t-shirt or dress shirt. If we can find him a jacket, he'll wear it with a tie, but we're not gonna break the bank for it. On other cruises he doesn't mind dressing up for dinner and then heads straight to the cabin to change into shorts or whatever for the rest of the night. DD 14 wont be wearing a formal gown, but will wear dress pants and maybe a dress if we can get her to buy one. She's at that age where she wont wear a dress for anything.

Hi disneykins,

Glad that's what your son will be wearing. My DS ( 15) will be wearing the same, dress pants and dress shirt, maybe a tie if I can talk him into it. My DD is 12 1/2 going on 16. She doesn't have a problem wearing a dress for this occassion, but other than that it's jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, you know how it is. Can't believe my question caused so much tension. Didn't think it was that big of a deal. Oh well, only 4 months to go. YIPPIE!!!

I have our dresses, I am done with our shoes. A couple of weeks ago I found a great deal at Sears and bought a cute pair of pink shoes that goes perfectly with my pink dress. Now if only the time would go by faster!

Hey everyone!!

Let's keep this thread going. We're getting close, now!!!!

I'm really getting excited. It will be hear before we know it.

Michele:bounce: :smooth:

Well, I'm sad to say that the other half of our party is cancelling. My brother, neice, and mother all cancelled out last week.

This really stinks, and we were really disappointed.

Anyway, once we made up our minds that we were still going, I began to worry about the connecting cabins we were all sharing, and the noise. I've seen on the Board that sometimes this is a problem. Now, I'm doubly bummed!

Dont worry about the noise from adjoining cabins. We've never even noticed our neighbours. Of course we're so tired after all there is to do on board that we fall asleep soon after getting to our cabin. Too bad they had to cancel, you'll just have to meet new people on board.

Sorry to hear everyone cancelled on you. :(

We had the same situation. Originally we had friends in 5 cabins, now we're down to 2. I think the price, coupled with the holiday vacation time makes it hard for everyone to be able to do New Year's. I know we've been saving for this for over 2 years!

But we still plan on having a BLAST celebrating our 15th anniversary on board!! Just look for the people laughing, partying and having a ball, and that will be us. Then come on over and join in the festivities! :)

Thanks, everyone for you thoughtful replies! We're still excited and now look forward to meeting out new DIS friends.

Hope everyone who's in Isabel's way stays safe. We're all prepared here. She's expected to hit here shortly.

Be safe and stay dry!!

Michele

Can we all think this, "3 months and we're going, 3 months and we're going, 3 months and we're going, can't wait to have FUN!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Can't wait to meet you all!:smooth:

Lisa:earsgirl:

I haven't cancelled yet! Still waiting to see if my DH can get the week off from work. Hope to know soon.

Sending some Pixiedust your way Nosebuddy so your husband can have the time off. It's going to be a FUN cruise!:jester:

Okay - now that we're down below 90-days to go I have some very important questions for all of us on the New Year's Magic Cruise:

1. Anyone interested in a meet and greet happy-hour on board?? If so, where and what time is best and how will we recognize each other??

We're going to be at the Radisson by around noon on the 26th, so that's an option for anyone else there who' interested.

2. Who is really doing black tie on New Year's Eve?? DH wants to rent a tux but no way will I inflict that on DSs. I have a formal dress, but wanted to see what everyone else was doing? Any experiences with renting tuxes through DCL??

Just think - a few more weeks and we can pick our excursions!!

Looking forward to hearing back from everyone...

Michele

:crazy:

Hey there, Michele. I thought I would answer in to your questions:

1. Getting together for a DIS meet on board sounds great to me. I will be flying down on the day of the cruise (don't know my flight yet, won't know till 30 days out), but wish I knew now!!!:hyper: :hyper: I also have a meeting with my vow coordinator sometime on that day also, but I will make it a point to stop by. You will be able to reconize me by my personalized t-shirt I will be wearing on that day (had help from Andy-aka Verandah Man)

2. My DH and DS are doing the Tux thing, with the ceremony and all, I am glad they are doing it.

Can't wait to meet you and the rest of my fellow DISers!!!:chat: :tongue:

Lisa::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter