ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically they should be worth half of a comparable resort… The problem is, many of them don’t even have a comparable resort.

OKW makes sense to see prices hitting around $100, VB and HH in the 70s, 80s, etc. Really the $50s-60s would be fairer given Aulani’s resale prices (figure roughly double the size of contract). I do find some of the other resorts priced shockingly high…. I also find all of these things overpriced, and just paid more for a small VB contract than I should have against my better judgement… Some of it is a “feeling” about visiting the properties… and the magical Disney service….

That said, I find the Beach Club prices hard to stomach… especially with the Swan/Dolphin/SR so close by. Doubt I would buy there, at least right now….

That’s been my thought. Will more pass or will more be taken back to raise the values 🤔?
I think more will pass…. An easy way to not have to spend some money short term… If I were them, I would let everything reasonable pass between now and the end of the year, or maybe March.

What would you consider to be an amazing deal? Boardwalk is one of my favorite resorts, but I can't bring myself to buy a contract there because of the early expiration date.
When we were looking previously there was a small Boardwalk for $125. I was tempted but couldn't pull the trigger. I keep comparing that we paid $100/pp for Boulder ridge a few years ago.

We just sent a few add-on points to RoFR
First home resort Polynesian (resale - 100 points)
Hoping to get 3-4 nights in a studio at AKL every other year :)

Isabelle12345---$136-$5268-35-AKV-Jun-0/21, 35/22, 35/23, 35/24-seller pays 2022 dues- sent 11/28
Is this by chance an Aug UY? I just got the exact same awesome deal on a 35pt AKV Aug UY and the seller also has a 30pt and another 35pt that went into pending before this last one that I'm getting. Either way, hope both of our contracts pass ROFR 🤞

Is this by chance an Aug UY? I just got the exact same awesome deal on a 35pt AKV Aug UY and the seller also has a 30pt and another 35pt that went into pending before this last one that I'm getting. Either way, hope both of our contracts pass ROFR 🤞
Yes that’s exactly the one!
I think they may have been willing to go even slightly lower but the agent was afraid it would get ROFR’d so she suggested we stick with 136$
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

A newbie here. Our first deed was just recorded a couple days ago now just waiting for Disney.
I have what is probably a dumb question:
Why would someone purchase the smaller add-on points? And do you purchase those at the same home resort and UY you already have?
I’m confused at how one would use those? Especially if they are at a different resort.
I apologize for my ignorance. Before we ever add on more points I’m trying to understand how you would use those. Thanks!

A newbie here. Our first deed was just recorded a couple days ago now just waiting for Disney.
Why would someone purchase the smaller add-on points? And do you purchase those at the same home resort and UY you already have?
I’m confused at how one would use those? Especially if they are at a different resort.
I apologize for my ignorance. Before we ever add on more points I’m trying to understand how you would use those. Thanks!
many different reason. One is that smaller contracts are easier to buy and sell and garner a higher price per point. Another is that they might want to add some points to their existing contract and you can combine those points at the 11 month. Another is that they may be looking for a different resort to use for a few nights a year or every other year. It gets a bit cumbersome if you're looking to combine points from different contracts but most people love small contracts for the first reason I stated.

I tried to buy a small AKV Jun contract for over a year and change. I own AkV June. When they did hit the resale market they went really fast or they were really over priced. So, I decided to just try for a different resort. Still waiting for to hear if I passed though. Both will titled the same. Same use year. The smaller contracts are harder to find at some resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!