ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying a contract resale and have sent funds and contract. The seller has also sent these back. The closing agent then said today, "We are requesting final Disney figures and once received, we will close". Is this normal? Don't they already know the figure? Thank you!

They may have a loan And need a payoff amount now they have everything. It would change amount due to the seller.

They may have a loan And need a payoff amount now they have everything. It would change amount due to the seller.

Perhaps a direct loan with Disney then. Do you think I'm pretty safe in thinking it will all go through, seeing as both sides have signed documents and we have transferred funds?

Perhaps a direct loan with Disney then. Do you think I'm pretty safe in thinking it will all go through, seeing as both sides have signed documents and we have transferred funds?

Yes. Since interest on the loan continues to accrue, I bet they have to get final pay off once they know it’s ready to close..and that is when all documents are received.

Since it's been quiet here and I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it, I thought people would like to know (if didn't already know) the DVC magicband+ is available to order on the website if you have an upcoming trip. What's another $36 to commemorate your $25k+ purchase, right? :earboy2:

Since it's been quiet here and I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it, I thought people would like to know (if didn't already know) the DVC magicband+ is available to order on the website if you have an upcoming trip. What's another $36 to commemorate your $25k+ purchase, right? :earboy2:
I wonder when stays at VGC will offer a discount on Magicbands like WDW? I have a few VGC stays through the end of the year and I’m hoping to save a few $ on them!

I wonder when stays at VGC will offer a discount on Magicbands like WDW? I have a few VGC stays through the end of the year and I’m hoping to save a few $ on them!
I thought I read somewhere maybe in the Disneyland thread that some people were asked about a magic band when filling out check in info. I don't think they actually got it though since its still not out yet, but maybe once it's out they might? I've just been grabbing WDW ones since they're supposed to work on both coast anyway.

Here are DVC Resale Market's month of September's ROFR for each WDW resort that experienced a buyback during the month:

AKL - 37/38 for 97.4% contracts bought back
BLT - 28/34 for 82.4% contracts bought back
CCV - 22/28 for 78.6% contracts bought back
OKW - 5/23 for 21.7% contracts bought back
SSR - 2/53 for 3.8% contracts bought back

5 month trends for these 5 resorts

MayJuneJulyAugustSeptember
AKL80.4%35.9%62.2%80%97.4%
BLT60.0%64.9%70.7%135%82.4%
CCV24.0%41.9%37.8%121%78.6%
OKW88.6%92.7%51.4%56.5%21.7%
SSR85.4%68.0%67.6%26.3%3.8%

*Both BLT and CCV in the month of August have buybacks over 100% with BLT (53 contracts taken during the month and 39 contracts sold) and CCV (35 contracts taken and 29 contracts sold). This is due to the timing of when the contract is sold and when ROFR takes place.

Certainly looks like the blood bath for SSR and OKW is over or paused as the amount of contracts bought back have been declining as well as the high. The last three months have seen SSR high contract bought back at $145 in July to $129 in August and now $115 in September. Old Key west is down from $127 in July to $104 in September.

BLT hit a new high of $188 buy back in September and looking back to last year, the high bought back in October was $150.

CCV also hit a new high of $178 and has been trending up the past few months. The last year has not seen a big increase in a buyback high as October 2021 high was $170. However, there has been a lot of fluctuations with the monthly highs as we have seen it drop from the October $170 to the $150s in January and March, none bought back in April and than back to $168 the following month in May.

AKV is in an absolute bloodbath and I have no idea what they are doing with the points. Another note is that Disney has not been increasing their buyback price as the high this month is the same as the last 2 at $140 and last September and October saw $138 as the high.

Last edited:
Here are DVC Resale Market's month of September's ROFR for each WDW resort that experienced a buyback during the month:

BLT60.0%64.9%70.7%*82.4%
CCV24.0%41.9%37.8%*78.6%

*Both BLT and CCV in the month of August have incorrect numbers on the reports. I am unsure where they put the incorrect numbers. The reported numbers for August have ROFR at 135% at BLT (53 contracts taken out of 39 sold) and 121% for CCV (35 contracts taken out of 29 sold). 🤷‍♂️

Certainly looks like the blood bath for SSR and OKW is over or paused as the amount of contracts bought back have been declining as well as the high. The last three months have seen SSR high contract bought back at $145 in July to $129 in August and now $115 in September. Old Key west is down from $127 in July to $104 in September.

BLT hit a new high of $188 buy back in September and looking back to last year, the high bought back in October was $150.

CCV also hit a new high of $178 and has been trending up the past few months. The last year has not seen a big increase in a buyback high as October 2021 high was $170. However, there has been a lot of fluctuations with the monthly highs as we have seen it drop from the October $170 to the $150s in January and March, none bought back in April and than back to $168 the following month in May.

AKV is in an absolute bloodbath and I have no idea what they are doing with the points. Another note is that Disney has not been increasing their buyback price as the high this month is the same as the last 2 at $140 and last September and October saw $138 as the high.
Regarding BLT and CCV, these numbers do not correlate the way you're assuming. A contract is "sold" once there is a signed contract in place, but this may not yet have passed ROFR. So a contract this month that was "sold" may not yet be through the ROFR process and might not be reported for ROFR purposes until next month.

Wow! Super happy we bought CCV at $180. We are due to close any day. I could see the price per point getting closer and closer to $180 and didn't want to lose out to ROFR again, then go in again in a months time when it was close to $180, but it already is there now! I did think they would get the price per point up a lot on resale as it's such a popular resort, being at WL, having new rooms and not expiring until 2048.

Regarding BLT and CCV, these numbers do not correlate the way you're assuming. A contract is "sold" once there is a signed contract in place, but this may not yet have passed ROFR. So a contract this month that was "sold" may not yet be through the ROFR process and might not be reported for ROFR purposes until next month.
Makes sense. I did think about this but as no month had seen any issues, I didn't care to much. I've edited the chart and notes to reflect this as its still solid information in that it shows those 2 resorts were being heavily bought back that month in relation to new contracts being sold.

Wow! Super happy we bought CCV at $180. We are due to close any day. I could see the price per point getting closer and closer to $180 and didn't want to lose out to ROFR again, then go in again in a months time when it was close to $180, but it already is there now! I did think they would get the price per point up a lot on resale as it's such a popular resort, being at WL, having new rooms and not expiring until 2048.
Disney raising CCV direct to $240pp definitely had an impact on the rise in ROFR and resale prices. It's not surprising to see CCV's value rise like this, considering it's the last of the O14, relatively lower dues, and doesn't expire until 2068!

There must still be a decent amount of demand for AKV direct. At $200pp, I could see it being more appealing than SSR, OKW, and BRV. It's probably their #1 drop down product at the moment for those not wanting to buy Riviera or VGF. August DVC News direct sales report showed AKV direct selling 18 contracts and 1,964 way behind RIV and VGF sales numbers. It's a distant 3rd, but still 3rd.

BLT60.0%64.9%70.7%135%82.4%
CCV24.0%41.9%37.8%121%78.6%

*Both BLT and CCV in the month of August have buybacks over 100% with BLT (53 contracts taken during the month and 39 contracts sold) and CCV (35 contracts taken and 29 contracts sold). This is due to the timing of when the contract is sold and when ROFR takes place.

Oh great I have basically no chance for my CC contract 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter