ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are thinking of buying a fixed week RIV contract and so to facilitate that, we put up for sell our partially stripped (1/2 points of next year avail) 250 pt BCV contract and reached a selling price of $145. Disney took it 10 days into ROFR. Since I’m the seller, I didn’t put it here in posting format.

And wow. Reading this thread makes our 2018 100 pt AKV for $100/pt seem like an absolute bargain.

Same for brokers but the issue can be that a very short closing date..meaning 31 days. is not a benefit for the seller.

They can’t issue closing documents until they get estoppel..which does come with ROFR now it seems..which means sellers have very little time to get papers done.

Once closing passes, buyer can walk.
But, if for some reason Disney doesn’t respond by closing day, and they aren’t exercising ROFR that would still delay closing. The way I see it both the seller and broker have no incentive to put pressure on Disney, though I would think the seller would much rather have their money in 5-6 weeks over 10.

We are thinking of buying a fixed week RIV contract and so to facilitate that, we put up for sell our partially stripped (1/2 points of next year avail) 250 pt BCV contract and reached a selling price of $145. Disney took it 10 days into ROFR. Since I’m the seller, I didn’t put it here in posting format.

And wow. Reading this thread makes our 2018 100 pt AKV for $100/pt seem like an absolute bargain.
Yeah $145 is a pretty good price for BCV right now even partially stripped. There aren’t as many BCV contracts on the market so they have a real premium!

I paid $106 for AKV around the time last year.. we bought more AKV points in Sept and I paid $135!

But, if for some reason Disney doesn’t respond by closing day, and they aren’t exercising ROFR that would still delay closing. The way I see it both the seller and broker have no incentive to put pressure on Disney, though I would think the seller would much rather have their money in 5-6 weeks over 10.
Buyers and sellers usually want to move quickly but realistically, they do need some time so that papers can be properly drafted. Also, title companies need to do the proper searches to be able to insure title to the property. I can’t speak for FL, but in NY, covid really screwed up the process of verifying title records and has slowed down the real estate market. It’s just starting to ease up now where we can get title reports more quickly. The way we gauge closing dates is by leaving enough time for things like board approval, title, surveys… even if it means explaining to the clients that they just can’t close as quickly as they want.
It’s a lot easier to find out everything is done early (and have everyone close early) than to have to push back closing dates because things aren’t done in time.

The broker's commission is paid by the seller regardless of ROFR.
So no incentive to push for quicker closing dates, other than getting the seller, his customer, their money sooner. I’m going to be on my third attempt in the next couple of days and if this fails I may be just buying direct. The AKV incentives are very good right now. Only about a 4k difference. If I wasn’t remodeling a house right now I would jump on that.

So no incentive to push for quicker closing dates, other than getting the seller, his customer, their money sooner. I’m going to be on my third attempt in the next couple of days and if this fails I may be just buying direct. The AKV incentives are very good right now. Only about a 4k difference. If I wasn’t remodeling a house right now I would jump on that.

Also the seller has to get their documents notarized. Depending on where they are that could take a little bit. I received an ROFR decision in 21 days. It’s now been over 30 and we still haven’t closed due to the seller being out of the country and not being able to get to a notary.

Yeah $145 is a pretty good price for BCV right now even partially stripped. There aren’t as many BCV contracts on the market so they have a real premium!

I paid $106 for AKV around the time last year.. we bought more AKV points in Sept and I paid $135!
Has Disney bought back BCV in recent memory?

Has Disney bought back BCV in recent memory?
Not a lot gets taken there, however, just been told of two consecutive deals being taken at $145, I've asked the person to post on here to help folks see what's going on

I think someone in the ROFR department must have come back from vacation this week, and in a very bad mood...
I think some of them were on vacation last week according to my broker. I waited an extra week because they were out but my broker already knew I passed last Monday and waited till this Monday make it official.

I've seen it mentioned a few times that sellers need to get their documents notarized. Do buyers need a notary as well when signing? We haven't had a contract pass ROFR yet to find out.

As someone just now taking the plunge into DVC, the prices that were available even a few months ago make me want to cry :sad:
I paid $245 this year for BLT direct if that makes you feel better. Then a month later I bought the same amount of points resale for $155. I bought BLT direct because the price per point over the life of the contract make more sense than any other home resorts I interested in.

I never notarized anything when I closed.
When you transfer title and ownership of real estate in Florida, you sign a deed conveying or transferring the property to the new owner. All deeds executed in Florida must be signed in the presence of a notary public and two witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter