ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC took my 150 OKW pretty well stripped for $116 (I am the seller). They sure keep you guessing! Sorry they nabbed it. I'm waiting on a June 21 and a June 28 myself. I hope you find a contract that is better AND passes!

Have those that passed ROFR on 7/12 received estoppel yet? We’re still waiting.
Yes - we were notified we passed ROFR on 7/12/21 and then notified that estoppel was completed on 7/13. We have signed and returned our closing docs and are waiting for the seller to return their docs and then we will wire the funds.

There’s a SSR for $160 and PVB for $225 not fully loaded. I guess they just try to sell and see if anyone would pay the price.

its really interesting you say that... I recently sold a 25 pt SSR for more than $160 PP (paid $105 last year) but was able to get BLT at similar price point. The SSR sold in less than 48 hrs. I was honestly shocked. I thought they were crazy when they suggested selling price. I guess there is still enough demand out there but definately pays to due your research and understand not all brokers are equal.

There’s a SSR for $160 and PVB for $225 not fully loaded. I guess they just try to sell and see if anyone would pay the price.

I got $189/pt for my BLT which I never thought I would. It was the suggested price to list and I was in no rush so figured it didn’t hurt.

It was the perfect contract for the buyer as they paid asking without question

Well folks, ROFR is up and running because we just got the dreaded email that Disney exercised. 😢 I should add our stats, haven’t done that yet.
sorry to hear yours got snagged :(

Being a 7/1 contract, I was shocked to see a 6/30 done when I think we're more at about 6/22 or 6/23 on the others and it got me thinking , whether they're faster on ones where they exercise their ability to buy back (again, I'm new here, so maybe this is already well established).

My contract is a BLT contract, so I went back and looked at the April-June ROFR thread and averaged out how long it took on the BLT contracts that were reported back.

Unless I messed up on the math, there were 28 contracts listed for BLT that passed. The fastest made it through in 17 days, slowest in 32 days, and the average was 22.4 days.
There were 11 that were bought back. The fastest there was 16, slowest was 22, and the average was 19.1 days.

Working with a total of 39 contracts, that obviously could still be a situation where the small sample size skews things (after all, for the ones that passed, there was one period where they were pumping pretty much everything through in under 21 days, which followed a period where it was more likely to take 28).

That said, it does seem like they're a bit faster on the ones where they buy back, at least from the small sample size I worked with.

sorry to hear yours got snagged :(

Being a 7/1 contract, I was shocked to see a 6/30 done when I think we're more at about 6/22 or 6/23 on the others and it got me thinking , whether they're faster on ones where they exercise their ability to buy back (again, I'm new here, so maybe this is already well established).

My contract is a BLT contract, so I went back and looked at the April-June ROFR thread and averaged out how long it took on the BLT contracts that were reported back.

Unless I messed up on the math, there were 28 contracts listed for BLT that passed. The fastest made it through in 17 days, slowest in 32 days, and the average was 22.4 days.
There were 11 that were bought back. The fastest there was 16, slowest was 22, and the average was 19.1 days.

Working with a total of 39 contracts, that obviously could still be a situation where the small sample size skews things (after all, for the ones that passed, there was one period where they were pumping pretty much everything through in under 21 days, which followed a period where it was more likely to take 28).

That said, it does seem like they're a bit faster on the ones where they buy back, at least from the small sample size I worked with.
I was thinking the same. That when they want to buy back they do those faster. I’m around 6/22 for BLT and hoping I’ll hear back today

I got $189/pt for my BLT which I never thought I would. It was the suggested price to list and I was in no rush so figured it didn’t hurt.

It was the perfect contract for the buyer as they paid asking without question
2042 OKW for $155 is just beyond me. Closing cost for direct purchase is lower than resale for 15 extra years of unrestricted points.pretty soon they will say 150 points is a small contact! SMH

2042 OKW for $155 is just beyond me. Closing cost for direct purchase is lower than resale for 15 extra years of unrestricted points.pretty soon they will say 150 points is a small contact! SMH

Yes, I know asking prices are aspirational, but there's literally no sensible reason to buy this resale contract unless you get a sharply reduced rate through negotiation. First, the extra 15 years makes the direct price make sense on its own, let alone the fact that you'll have the points immediately if you buy direct.

On small contracts some of the high prices can make sense for non-members. As a member it is an obvious choice to just buy direct but that's not an option for a new buyer who may only want/need a small contract to get started.
I think you have a point here. 25 points get you like two nights as a new member. If that works, whatever!

Based on ROFR for the last few months, that would get taken unless it's an international seller.
I’m not familiar with this. Does international seller get an exception? If that gets me a better deal I wouldn’t mind. This has me thinking if I overpaid for my at $125 fully loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!