ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a dilemma.... I am currently under contract waiting on ROFR for a 220 point VGF contract
We really want to stay at "premium" resorts in larger accommodations and I realized 220 points/yr may not be enough for us.

Enter Add-On-Itis

I saw a nice 400 point Double Points (800 points for 2021) SSR with my (expected) use year and said, let me see if I can make a offer.
They took it and now I am having second thoughts because maybe this is too many points (in total) and are 400 point contracts hard to re-sell?

I'm not sure it would pass ROFR but want to make sure I make sure I am thinking this through if it does. Please let me know your thoughts. Here are the contract details:

December Use Year
2020: 0 Points
2021: 800 Points
2022: 400 Points
Agreed Price: $120/point
Seller Pays 2021 MF AND Closing Costs
I do think a 400 point contract will be more difficult to sell. Generally the price per point is lower.

I also bought b/c my mom died December 2020 and she was the one that instilled the love of Disney in me. I figured she would be thrilled that we purchased a piece of Disney with the legacy she left us. Even though I am thrilled we got our news last week and now we just await closing, I am sad that I'm not stalking this page like I was before because I've enjoyed being part of everyone's journey!

Because some of you asked
ROFR DAY 70 (or 37) final thoughts:
I actually thought I would cry when I got the decision, I didn’t. I was over the moon happy! I texted my brother first cause, really he talked me into BLT. You see, our Dad died on May 1st. Dad was the original Disnerd in our family and he instilled that Disney love in all of us.

So sorry about your dad. I have a similar experience with my dad also being the one who took us to Disney all those years ago. I was already a DVC member, but after he passed, I decided to add on a contract from some of the money we also inherited. I was dead set on cheap SAP at SSR. However, my kids wanted BCV. I thought about the previous two years and all the work they had to do helping with my dad and cleaning out his house (huge task with multiple barns and tools and such) and went ahead and bought those Beach Club points just for them! They deserved it and I told them that Pa would have wanted them to have Beach Club.

I wish you and your extended family many blessed trips to Disney! :flower1:

Any experiences out there with re-selling 400 point contract?
Perhaps go to the first post in this thread that has links to many of the quarterly threads going back several years. You can search for higher point contracts and compare their value to other smaller contracts from the same time period. I think we all agree it would be less, but how much less is the question.

Perhaps go to the first post in this thread that has links to many of the quarterly threads going back several years. You can search for higher point contracts and compare their value to other smaller contracts from the same time period. I think we all agree it would be less, but how much less is the question.

Great suggestion! I've been asking if anyone has a consolidated data set to radio silence. Anyone have it and willing to share?

I also bought b/c my mom died December 2020 and she was the one that instilled the love of Disney in me. I figured she would be thrilled that we purchased a piece of Disney with the legacy she left us. Even though I am thrilled we got our news last week and now we just await closing, I am sad that I'm not stalking this page like I was before because I've enjoyed being part of everyone's journey!
My father passed January 2020- We rode Splash Mountain together the day it soft opened way back when, it was a total surprise.

So I also bought for him, for my family. Love to you!

My first stop on the board since my contract went in on 8/16. See, I'm being all zen about it this time! I'm expecting a solid business month for ROFR followed by another month for estoppel, my seller to take 3 weeks to sign and Disney to take 6-8 weeks to load contract and 10 days to load points.

Anything before New Year's will be a win!

Last edited:
Any experiences out there with re-selling 400 point contract?

We just picked up a 300pt Poly contract, and I saw a 400 pop up at the same time. It sold. I think there is a market for large contracts - it's just not as big as people looking for small contracts because they're just a couple or single and don't need the space. We specifically bought into DVC years ago bc we knew we wanted a large family and two hotel rooms gets pricy.

No, but I bought a 520 if that can help you

We just picked up a 300pt Poly contract, and I saw a 400 pop up at the same time. It sold. I think there is a market for large contracts - it's just not as big as people looking for small contracts because they're just a couple or single and don't need the space. We specifically bought into DVC years ago bc we knew we wanted a large family and two hotel rooms gets pricy.

How much below similar 150-200 point contracts were you able to buy your 300 and 520 point contracts?
I have been told the difference is usually $4-5 per point on average and they take 2-4 weeks longer to find a buyer

How much below similar 150-200 point contracts were you able to buy your 300 and 520 point contracts?
I have been told the difference is usually $4-5 per point on average and they take 2-4 weeks longer to find a buyer
I definitely saved a few dollars per points when I bought my AKV contract (300 points) but it wasn't a huge difference. I think if you're under 500 points there's still a decent market out there. For someone looking for a larger contract, there are fewer to choose from. We wound up buying a 450 points contract direct from Disney too. Once you get over 500 points, you're in a whole different ballpark again. There was a 1000 point Aulani contract that was listed for months and I don't know if it ever sold or if the seller just took down the listing.

Roughians_satchel---$175-$54442-300-PVB-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 179/22, 300/23-seller pays MF '22- sent 8/5, passed 9/2

I've been meaning to update but of course it came through when we were out of town last week.
Kind of a high price given the number of points but this was our first resale and I was nervous about ROFR.
It also was important to us to match our use year for our other 4 (direct) contracts.
For us - this was a steal compared to paying $250 direct!

Roughians_satchel---$175-$54442-300-PVB-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 179/22, 300/23-seller pays MF '22- sent 8/5, passed 9/2

I've been meaning to update but of course it came through when we were out of town last week.
Kind of a high price given the number of points but this was our first resale and I was nervous about ROFR.
It also was important to us to match our use year for our other 4 (direct) contracts.
For us - this was a steal compared to paying $250 direct!
Looks good to me! Congrats.

Keep in mind the 300 & 50 were purchased in 1996. The others all this summer. All are OKW - Extended except the original 2 from 1996. I bought the 520 within a day of it being listed.

100​
$ 14,336.00
150​
$ 19,139.00
50​
$ 2,800.00
300​
$ 16,800.00 -
150​
$ 16,200.00
520​
$ 61,360.00