ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a dilemma.... I am currently under contract waiting on ROFR for a 220 point VGF contract
We really want to stay at "premium" resorts in larger accommodations and I realized 220 points/yr may not be enough for us.

Enter Add-On-Itis

I saw a nice 400 point Double Points (800 points for 2021) SSR with my (expected) use year and said, let me see if I can make a offer.
They took it and now I am having second thoughts because maybe this is too many points (in total) and are 400 point contracts hard to re-sell?

I'm not sure it would pass ROFR but want to make sure I make sure I am thinking this through if it does. Please let me know your thoughts. Here are the contract details:

December Use Year
2020: 0 Points
2021: 800 Points
2022: 400 Points
Agreed Price: $120/point
Seller Pays 2021 MF AND Closing Costs

Well I have a dilemma.... I am currently under contract waiting on ROFR for a 220 point VGF contract
We really want to stay at "premium" resorts in larger accommodations and I realized 220 points/yr may not be enough for us.

Enter Add-On-Itis

I saw a nice 400 point Double Points (800 points for 2021) SSR with my (expected) use year and said, let me see if I can make a offer.
They took it and now I am having second thoughts because maybe this is too many points (in total) and are 400 point contracts hard to re-sell?

I'm not sure it would pass ROFR but want to make sure I make sure I am thinking this through if it does. Please let me know your thoughts. Here are the contract details:

December Use Year
What is this “too many points” you speak of?
You can always rent points in order to recoup your MF.

Enter Add-On-Itis

December Use Year

Are you still within 10 days?

Enter Add-On-Itis

December Use Year
I went through something similar when I put in my very first offer on a contract earlier this year. After a few days to think, I cancelled because I wanted a little more time to think about how much to spend.
If you are having any second thoughts, I would cancel. Now you know how you feel and can try again when you’re ready, and for the right amount of points that you want.

Enter Add-On-Itis

December Use Year

I've seen some contracts pass at that price and I think you have a better shot at it since it's a larger contract, BUT, I think with Seller paying 2021 and MF.. you probably get taken in ROFR. DVC has skewed more towards taking contracts with sellers paying MF/closing costs. The low price alone, you'd have a chance.

Enter Add-On-Itis

December Use Year

I've been in the similar addonitis situation as you. I've also backed out too! I make quick decisions and then regret them later. I am happy with my current contacts (BCV and (hopefully) BWV). With that said, do you love SSR? Do you love it 400 points a year? If not, are you willing to play the 7 month out game of finding places to stay?

There is NO shame in backing out in the 10 day grace period. It's there for a reason. It does sounds like a great deal at an amazing price. It's also a gamble for ROFR.

Best of luck!

Wow I'm shocked this passed. This is a WAY better deal than my June UY SSR which they took. I don't understand why they take some but not others. I've got two more June UY SSR in ROFR but they are not nearly as good of a deal as your contract. Congrats and I'm jealous!

June is already in the 2021 use year, and December is still in the 2020 use year. I was thinking maybe that had something to do with the decision, but ...that's backwards. You'd think they'd want the 2020 points to be able to sell to people with Oct and Dec use years. :confused3

We decided to hold off on adding any more points - we bought RR direct in July, added on SSR in August, and are currently waiting for CCV in ROFR. I'd love to add one more contact, but after the announced changes with Genie, Genie+, and APs, my hubby wanted to hold off a little bit to see how everything shakes out.

That sounds really wise, given your situation. How fun though, new points every month recently!

Edit: @Jen0718 and @princessmocha, I'm also waiting for Disneyland Tower! The renderings look amazing, although I wish they had balconies and a slightly better location relative to the parks.

Last edited:
Because some of you asked
ROFR DAY 70 (or 37) final thoughts:
I actually thought I would cry when I got the decision, I didn’t. I was over the moon happy! I texted my brother first cause, really he talked me into BLT. You see, our Dad died on May 1st. Dad was the original Disnerd in our family and he instilled that Disney love in all of us. When we all decided to use a portion of what Dad gave us for DVC, well BLT was on the top of my brother’s list. Direct, he couldn’t do it but I devised a plan to combine direct and resale points and with that plan I set out to get an 11 month window for our family.
It was a LONG wait, and trust me, the whole family was invested in the outcome. It was worth it to get the excited and congratulatory text from my brother today. Trust me guys, he’s already thinking of ways to spend my points. 😂
I would definitely buy resale again. I made a ton of friends here who gave me hope and encouragement. It’s worth it to note that if I do another resale in the future, I know how long I can be “kinda patient” for 🤷🏻‍♀️

We bought our original contract (resale) and 2 other contracts with inheritance from our parents. We did it for our family...our almost grown kids and future grandkids. I get it.

Good things come to those who wait. Welcome home, Jen!

When I bought VGC in 2017 ($140 a point-sigh) we had huge issues with closing and it took forever (I suspect we may have had the same broker btw based on the tone of her emails). It was excruciating. And as soon as it was over it was..over. I haven’t thought about it at all since-just have enjoyed my much-cheaper points. It’s like childbirth-hard to remember labor when the baby is here :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter