ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed on one of my pending contracts last Friday (the 13th!). (Still having a little buyer’s remorse over the price but I will be glad to get my points loaded.). Interestingly, estoppel arrived along with ROFR waiver. Title company says that is becoming typical. That shaved several weeks off the timeline.

pirate33---$167-$47983-270-BLT-Sep-0/19, 0/20, 295/21, 270/22- sent 7/12, passed 8/13
Congrats!! 🎉🎊

It sounds similar to the Max Pass us west coasters had at DL (except now there is additional paid LL for certain attractions) and Max Pass was great and easily worth the $20 per person /per day. I don’t think it will be awful. I hope it isn’t! 🤞
I agree. It sounds awesome. I would gladly pay $15 per day not to have to stand in line.

I agree. It sounds awesome. I would gladly pay $15 per day not to have to stand in line.

Well you can only have one scheduled ride at a time, where with fastpass+ you got 3 to start with that could be scheduled in advance of your trip. What if you don’t get your first scheduled ride until the day is half over? Also the 15$ does not include E-ticket rides. You will have to pay an additional $10-$20 per person per ride on top of the $15 per person for e-ticket attraction (Limited to two times a day). If a family of 4 were to take a trip visiting each park once That could cost as much as 880 extra for the full trip… Sounds like a real bargain compared to fastpass+ 🤦‍♂️

Well you can only have one scheduled ride at a time, where with fastpass+ you got 3 to start with that could be scheduled in advance of your trip. What if you don’t get your first scheduled ride until the day is half over? Also the 15$ does not include E-ticket rides. You will have to pay an additional $10-$20 per person per ride on top of the $15 per person for e-ticket attraction (Limited to two times a day). If a family of 4 were to take a trip visiting each park once That could cost as much as 880 extra for the full trip… Sounds like a real bargain compared to fastpass+ 🤦‍♂️

Unless you can wait in more than 1 line currently, I don't see how this is any different except you don't have to physically wait in line. Plus what is to say that you can't hop into a physical line while waiting for your virtual ride?

Also people are complaining about the cost with ROTR. This will allow people to do without trying to push buttons real fast. And if you are a typical Disney goer there was no way you were riding that ride. You had to read up ahead of time to have any chance. How is that fair to the grandparents taking their grandkids to the park for the special once in a lifetime trip?

People just hate change, even if it is for the better.

We considered waiting and buying direct, we currently own at BWV, PBV, and BLT with a combined 250 direct points, and 250 resale points with the addition of this contract we will have 400 resale points... we might add direct for 50-100pts more with VGF2 because I wanted 200+ at VGF. It was quite the decision process, and we ultimately decided to roll the dice. (I probably have secured the low price for everyone waiting for direct, that's just my luck!). I personally think it will probably run $225-240 but it's really anyone's guess! I have an odd battle happening internally now; I want VGF2 to come out at a low price because I want to buy more, but I also don't want to be wrong or think I could have gotten a better deal with this contract! Lol!
I know exactly how you feel! This is where a crystal ball would come in handy!

Unless you can wait in more than 1 line currently, I don't see how this is any different except you don't have to physically wait in line. Plus what is to say that you can't hop into a physical line while waiting for your virtual ride?

Also people are complaining about the cost with ROTR. This will allow people to do without trying to push buttons real fast. And if you are a typical Disney goer there was no way you were riding that ride. You had to read up ahead of time to have any chance. How is that fair to the grandparents taking their grandkids to the park for the special once in a lifetime trip?

People just hate change, even if it is for the better.

I do hate change, but I hate even more paying for something that was part of my AP before. I am a west coaster and so I mastered the Maxpass to my advantage. I loved Maxpass. There were days before where I would go at rope drop to try to score a ROTR BG, and then head on home if it's a later BG. I can then grab fast passes for some of my favorite rides for times around my ROTR time and head back in the afternoon to do so much in a short amount of time. It was awesome. But probably not pay $20/day per person awesome. I know Disney is definitely trying to eliminate people like me and I can see how Genie+ can benefit tourists, so I'm just sad I probably can't enjoy dland the way I'm used to. Also I'll be curious if this becomes an issue with Genie+ but with maxpass they can run out of fastpasses for popular rides by like early afternoon often. I would definitely be more annoyed if I'm paying extra and still can't get on my favorite rides. I was itching to add on points but now I don't know since I only stay at DVC to go to the parks. I'm really hoping this doesn't mean standing in 300 minute Mine Train lines cuz I don't want to pay $15pp.

I do hate change, but I hate even more paying for something that was part of my AP before. I am a west coaster and so I mastered the Maxpass to my advantage. I loved Maxpass. There were days before where I would go at rope drop to try to score a ROTR BG, and then head on home if it's a later BG. I can then grab fast passes for some of my favorite rides for times around my ROTR time and head back in the afternoon to do so much in a short amount of time. It was awesome. But probably not pay $20/day per person awesome. I know Disney is definitely trying to eliminate people like me and I can see how Genie+ can benefit tourists, so I'm just sad I probably can't enjoy dland the way I'm used to. Also I'll be curious if this becomes an issue with Genie+ but with maxpass they can run out of fastpasses for popular rides by like early afternoon often. I would definitely be more annoyed if I'm paying extra and still can't get on my favorite rides. I was itching to add on points but now I don't know since I only stay at DVC to go to the parks. I'm really hoping this doesn't mean standing in 300 minute Mine Train lines cuz I don't want to pay $15pp.
Yeah, $15 per person/per day for something that was free at WDW sucks. Family of four for a weeklong trip now has to fork out an additional $420 to take advantage of this. I don't understand what the issue was with Fastpass+ that they had to retire it. I know some people complained about being locked into advanced FP+ reservations, but there were plenty of people that liked it. Disney continues to nickel and dime you for everything.

I agree it’s not as good as Fastpass plus but to be honest, unless you were on right away opening day of booking did the constant refresh thing, many of those headliners were hard to get. Never once Slinky Dog.

We had several trips that had us crisscross with what we could get and cat tell how many we just dropped because we did stndby instead because it was too much later in the day to wait as we do not park stay all day.

Honesty, I think the one at a time will be a good thing because that will help prevent everything from going first thing like with FP+.

Standby is not going away so it’s not like people have to pay for every day and every park. The only one for me is MK. For some of my adult kids, they’ll want HS too.

It does mean a change in people’s budgets but the night hours at MK and Epcot will be a big plus for us and definitely use that to our advantage.

Having said that, I can see how disappointing it is to people who really relied on it as a major part of their trip.

Yeah, $15 per person/per day for something that was free at WDW sucks. Family of four for a weeklong trip now has to fork out an additional $420 to take advantage of this. I don't understand what the issue was with Fastpass+ that they had to retire it. I know some people complained about being locked into advanced FP+ reservations, but there were plenty of people that liked it. Disney continues to nickel and dime you for everything.

To be clear it’s not $15 for something that use to be free. It’s $15 for something less then what use to be free. There is no more advanced booking and it does not include E-Ticket attractions… you will have to pay an extra $10-$20 per person per ride for that.

During the winter months, my family would sit around a try to plan all our rides and meals and have a lot of fun doing this, it could take up a few hours. Now you have to get up at 7 am and start "button crunching" to try and get 1 ride now each day on your vacation that you won't have to wait for. I know a lot of people complained about having to plan everything months in advance and wanted more spontaneity, but sitting on your phone all day now doesn't seem very enjoyable. I know I barely touched my phone on a WDW trip.

During the winter months, my family would sit around a try to plan all our rides and meals and have a lot of fun doing this, it could take up a few hours. Now you have to get up at 7 am and start "button crunching" to try and get 1 ride now each day on your vacation that you won't have to wait for. I know a lot of people complained about having to plan everything months in advance and wanted more spontaneity, but sitting on your phone all day now doesn't seem very enjoyable. I know I barely touched my phone on a WDW trip.

And see, we hated that aspect of planning. Now, we will get the first one done at 7 am, schedule and pay for the big rides for anyone who really wants to do them without rope drop.…and go from there,

What I do wonder is if people will now forgo park hopping to a ticket to add flexibility to getting all one park in in one day. I could see doing that for many of my family who stay more than 4 nights. Basically, it’d be a wash for a 6 day ticket for all but the top tier rides.

Plan strategically with night hours at MK and Epcot and it could work out pretty well.

diskate10---$110-$12445-100-BRV@WL-Apr-0/20, 200/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 6/25, passed 8/16

Likely not 8/16… my broker never returned my emails/calls so after a few weeks I called the title company listed in my contract. Title company immediately sent me closing docs to sign. Probably waited longer than needed… but either way 🎉🎉🎉 woohoo first DVC!

diskate10---$110-$12445-100-BRV@WL-Apr-0/20, 200/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 6/25, passed 8/16

Likely not 8/16… my broker never returned my emails/calls so after a few weeks I called the title company listed in my contract. Title company immediately sent me closing docs to sign. Probably waited longer than needed… but either way 🎉🎉🎉 woohoo first DVC!
Congrats!! 🎉🎊 maybe I should contact the Title company 🤔

Congrats! :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter