ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFR Day 44: Update from my broker:

I have just received some news regarding the contract you are waiting on ROFR review. There were some complications regarding the processing of the ROFR review because one of the sellers is now deceased. This required certain documents to be obtained and submitted. They were all received as of the end of July, as it took awhile to compile everything. I'm sorry I didn't share this information until now, but I just found out this morning. As this is the case, I believe we will still be waiting a few weeks to hear back from ROFR. I am so very sorry. This has not come up in the course of business for me in 16 years, and is certainly an extenuating circumstance. I apologize for the situation, as I know it is difficult to wait for so long. I will continue to keep you updated as soon as we hear anything.

We’re gonna be here awhile folks 😳

I have just received some news regarding the contract you are waiting on ROFR review. There were some complications regarding the processing of the ROFR review because one of the sellers is now deceased. This required certain documents to be obtained and submitted. They were all received as of the end of July, as it took awhile to compile everything. I'm sorry I didn't share this information until now, but I just found out this morning. As this is the case, I believe we will still be waiting a few weeks to hear back from ROFR. I am so very sorry. This has not come up in the course of business for me in 16 years, and is certainly an extenuating circumstance. I apologize for the situation, as I know it is difficult to wait for so long. I will continue to keep you updated as soon as we hear anything.

This makes me think 2 things... First, at least there is a reason as to why it is taking so long. Second, and much more important, there are bigger things than DVC points to be focused on everyday.

This happened to me last spring, where Disney held things up because the sellers’ contract was listed as being owned by a couple, but the husband had passed away. Disney was insisting on a ton of additional paperwork which my brokers, who are great, insisted was completely unnecessary. They said Disney had never taken a position like this before. They called Disney and were able to resolve the matter in less than a week.

so sorry :( not that You would want to but did they give you the option to back out given the circumstances? I know most contracts say 7-10 days to cancel no penalty but I feel this was extenuating (very unfortunate) circumstances. I would say you could point to the closing likely being missed but I forgot this was a delayed closing.
Good luck to you!

so sorry :( not that You would want to but did they give you the option to back out given the circumstances? I know most contracts say 7-10 days to cancel no penalty but I feel this was extenuating (very unfortunate) circumstances. I would say you could point to the closing likely being missed but I forgot this was a delayed closing.
Good luck to you!
I don’t want to back out. The contract is still a good contract and having a reason for the long wait is not a deterrent for me.

I am so sorry-and this feels like BS. They didn’t know about it until know but they sent the additional docs and received them the end of July. That doesn’t make sense. Who’s your broker?

I am so sorry-and this feels like BS. They didn’t know about it until know but they sent the additional docs and received them the end of July. That doesn’t make sense. Who’s your broker?
From the email, it sounds like Disney reached out to the seller and bypassed the broker. I am not angered by this. I am just happy to have an explanation.

I am glad you got an answer! At least that's something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter