ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFR Day 41: Another day passes with no word at all. They’re still keeping my money so that’s hopeful. A lot of contracts got decisions today. A few sad ones, mostly happy ones. Mine is still out there, waiting to be revealed. Traveling through the misty moors of the Disney ROFR process. It’s like chasing the Will O’ the Whisp, a little frightening but it feels like a game? What it leads to, I do not know. Joy or disappointment? Years of happy travels or another offer on a resale? My future has yet to be revealed. I think my Tarot cards are being dealt and read by Mad Madame Mim 😳
hoping/not hoping you hear soon! :)

on a serious note as the others have noted your posts are great but for your sake hope you get a final call soon either way so you can plan accordingly.

Good Luck!

hoping/not hoping you hear soon! :)

on a serious note as the others have noted your posts are great but for your sake hope you get a final call soon either way so you can plan accordingly.

Good Luck!
Thank you and honestly, the daily updates are what make the long wait a little bit better. I get to share my quirky observation of this process with all of you and that adds a little fun to a torturous wait.

I have a contract with deed recorded 7/22 (closed 7/21). The email from the broker when I closed said to expect points 2-3 wks. Since I haven’t seen the membership or points yet I decided to email DVC MA. Their auto reply says you will receive a response within 5 business days…..wow that seems like a long time just for a Q&A…so with all that i agree. Makes resale less attractive.

I’ve done direct and resale and honestly the convience is beginning to outway the discount (+ unrestricted points). When I add VGF points I will be doing direct. That’s not to say I wont ever do resale again (have another one in for ROFR currently) but I will probably consider direct more seriously.

I’m not implying everyone should follow suit. To each their own! Everyone should do what works best for them and their situation
The broker gave you too short of a time frame. Disney is taking 2-3 weeks to set up membership and then another 2 weeks (give or take) to load points.

ROFR Day 42: Yes, you read that right, it’s day 42. Six weeks and no end in sight. I find myself checking my bank account more often than my email. I am starting to feel as though that is a more accurate indicator of the situation. They still have my money so for now, I still have a chance. I feel kinda like Pocahontas at this point, everything is just beyond the river bend but my canoe won’t move from this spot. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I am paddling nowhere slowly. 🙄

ROFR Day 42: Yes, you read that right, it’s day 42. Six weeks and no end in sight. I find myself checking my bank account more often than my email. I am starting to feel as though that is a more accurate indicator of the situation. They still have my money so for now, I still have a chance. I feel kinda like Pocahontas at this point, everything is just beyond the river bend but my canoe won’t move from this spot. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I found myself going to page 1 to see what exactly you're waiting on. Dang this is taking a long time! How long of a delayed closing is it?

It can’t close until December because the seller has a reservation that must be completed before closing.
Same with me! I can't close until October on a CCV 150 pointer that was sent to Disney mid Feb, and didn't pass ROFR until late March. The seller has a reservation for sometime in October. Ugh.

Same with me! I can't close until October on a CCV 150 pointer that was sent to Disney mid Feb, and didn't pass ROFR until late March. The seller has a reservation for sometime in October. Ugh.
I wasn’t worried about waiting until December to close so long as I got an answer on ROFR.

I spoke to a broker yesterday who said they had a contract take 47 days! Hang in there hopefully this week you get some good news!!

It can’t close until December because the seller has a reservation that must be completed before closing.
That's crazy how long ROFR is taking for you. I also have a delayed closing for November but it only took 25 days for me to pass ROFR and that includes the shutdown days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter