ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney_nerd---$143-$18672-120-PVB-Sep-5/20, 130/21, 120/22- sent 2/10

First contract and we passed!! 19 days of waiting and I saw everyone posting here and happened to open my email 3 minutes after the email from DVC Resale was sent. I know it’s still a wait until we close, but we know it’ll be ours now! :ccat:

Disney_nerd---$143-$18672-120-PVB-Sep-5/20, 130/21, 120/22- sent 2/10, passed 3/1

First contract and we passed!! 19 days of waiting and I saw everyone posting here and happened to open my email 3 minutes after the email from DVC Resale was sent. I know it’s still a wait until we close, but we know it’ll be ours now! :ccat:

Disney_nerd---$143-$18672-120-PVB-Sep-5/20, 130/21, 120/22- sent 2/10, passed 3/1

Congratulations!! It really is an amazing feeling :)

How competitive do buyers get when there's a "bidding war" going on for contracts that 100 pts or less? The broker said they're getting multiple offers and will take the highest one at close of day. I dont mind offering a little more but don't want to get crazy and way overpay either.

I guess that's just how the world of small contracts goes.
It depends on the broker. I try to be the first one to bid and get things started. That is how I've been able to get so many at great (IMO) prices. I ignore some brokers though I do peek at their listings. I have three that I primarily buy from.

Try to be the first one in and if it is a good price offer list or even a few cents above (it's worked for me). If it is the type of broker that starts working with the first bidder, you'll have a good shot.

I refuse to enter a bidding war! :rolleyes1

Mine is super similar to yours and was sent on the 12th! This makes me super excited!

Hilltopper152---$152-$26194-160-BLT-Jun-0/20, 310/21, 160/22- sent 2/10, passed 3/1

Very excited. Hate spending so much money so the fiscal conservative side of me was shocked but deep down happy to have it go through. Looking forward to many trips with my brand new family and keeping up with this page! Price felt like I was very close to getting ROFR activated so consider myself lucky.

I'm pretty emotional right now — my father passed due to COVID complications about eight days after I had a signed agreement on my first DVC contract. I owe my love of Disney to my parents. I know my Dad is smiling Disney waived ROFR on my contract.

FroZone the Pirate---$105-$15750-150-SSR-Apr-0/19, 0/20, 13/21, 150/22-Seller pays closing- sent 2/4 --- passed 3/1

I also want to say thank you for being such a supportive community — good luck to all of you still waiting.

I'm pretty emotional right now — my father passed due to COVID complications about eight days after I had a signed agreement on my first DVC contract. I owe my love of Disney to my parents. I know my Dad is smiling Disney waived ROFR on my contract.

FroZone the Pirate---$105-$15750-150-SSR-Apr-0/19, 0/20, 13/21, 150/22-Seller pays closing- sent 2/4 --- passed 3/1

I also want to say thank you for being such a supportive community — good luck to all of you still waiting.

I can totally relate also. My love of Disney is also thanks to my parents who took us for our first trip in 1972. We have never looked back- my love is a strong today as it was then. My parents are gone now too and I do miss them terrible but I know they are smiling with us on each repeat trip we make.

How competitive do buyers get when there's a "bidding war" going on for contracts that 100 pts or less? The broker said they're getting multiple offers and will take the highest one at close of day. I dont mind offering a little more but don't want to get crazy and way overpay either.

I guess that's just how the world of small contracts goes.
What broker? We have a thread about this strategy from one broker-board sponsor-and it seems to be something they routinely say. I’d just offer what you were going to offer anyway. There’s always another contract around the corner.

What broker? We have a thread about this strategy from one broker-board sponsor-and it seems to be something they routinely say. I’d just offer what you were going to offer anyway. There’s always another contract around the corner.

https://resales.*******.com/ I don't want to derail this thread so if there's a better one for this kind of discussion I'd love to check it out!

Last edited:
I get that. I am going nuts and told my hubby I can't deal with this much longer as I know we could still be another 3+ weeks out. If we don't hear something in a few weeks, I am not sure what our course of action will be.
Just keep swimming... Go back and read the Oct - Dec 2020 thread. I waited 39 days and that was close to the average. It might make you feel like you're in good company in the wait.

We are on day 11 of waiting on ROFR. First American just called to let me know they are working on closing docs. I asked if that meant I passed ROFR and he said he could not tell me but I should know within 2 days.

1. That seems pretty fast.
2. This is making me pretty hopeful. Am I getting my hopes up when I shouldn't be?

Just keep swimming... Go back and read the Oct - Dec 2020 thread. I waited 39 days and that was close to the average. It might make you feel like you're in good company in the wait.

You are right. Plenty wait just as long if not longer. I think what irks me the most is that Disney has been waiting on this information for weeks and it was never sent so its hard to know if I go back to the bottom of the pile now that it was sent today, or if it has already been reviewed and just waiting for this. I will try to be patient and a little less jelly.

You are right. Plenty wait just as long if not longer. I think what irks me the most is that Disney has been waiting on this information for weeks and it was never sent so its hard to know if I go back to the bottom of the pile now that it was sent today, or if it has already been reviewed and just waiting for this. I will try to be patient and a little less jelly.
I hope it's the "reviewed and waiting" for you! Agree with you on how hard it is to know when you're on this side of the process and there's no real pattern. Hang in there!

We are on day 11 of waiting on ROFR. First American just called to let me know they are working on closing docs. I asked if that meant I passed ROFR and he said he could not tell me but I should know within 2 days.

1. That seems pretty fast.
2. This is making me pretty hopeful. Am I getting my hopes up when I shouldn't be?
I had a similar experience where a male working for first American called and said something similar in terms of that when I was only a handful of days into ROFR. I didn’t get my hopes up Bc I knew it was early and then found out he was new and didn’t understand the process of it waiting to pass ROFR. I asked the same thing and he said “someone (I forget the women’s name) would be reaching out in a few days regarding the closing.” Just letting you know in case it’s the same guy then it could be a user error Bc my contract was indeed taken a few days later. But who knows maybe he’s trained now and you are getting through quick!!! I hope for the later for you!! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter