ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be they might go to 32 or 33 days and I always assumed that was because broker didn't get it out when they said they did. But now, all these going 35-43 days. Me thinks this is another new tactic they will add to make resale less desirable. Also, it seems that passes are done less than 30 days and takens are 30+ days. In 2017 I had one taken at like 31 days then the next one passed at like day 21.

I thought I noticed a similar pattern. But, I just had one taken at the 30ish day mark, but the one that passed was at the 31-32 day mark. It is very random... it seems the drunken monkey may be getting older, slower and more forgetful too.

I agree it is not a good practice that your deposit is tied up for over 30 days and that should not be allowed. Also it is not really fair to the Brokers to submit for ROFR and then they get
nothing out of it if they take it really poor business practice.

Also it is not really fair to the Brokers to submit for ROFR and then they get
nothing out of it if they take it really poor business practice.
Disney steps in as the buyer and the broker still gets their cut... except they actually get their money faster.

ETA: For some odd reason, Disney moves a lot faster when it’s their money on the line.

For what it's worth... there's a loaded 75 point VGF contract on Fidelity right now. Same site I just found mine on.

So first world problems....I'd love to put in an offer, its my HR and my UY! BUT I am in the ROFR holding pattern on 140pt contract (same UY, HR and loaded) that I am 90% sure Disney will take. So as much as I'd love to jump on that one, I have to wait out that small chance that $150 a point is gonna fly! :rotfl2:

So first world problems....I'd love to put in an offer, its my HR and my UY! BUT I am in the ROFR holding pattern on 140pt contract (same UY, HR and loaded) that I am 90% sure Disney will take. So as much as I'd love to jump on that one, I have to wait out that small chance that $150 a point is gonna fly! :rotfl2:

I was there with mine that was taken... I was sure DVD was taking mine and a loaded contract with my UY (very rare) came through. I actually wanted to see if I could put in a contingent offer to see if I could hold my place and not risk getting both contracts. It worked out that I found out the next day my first one was taken, but it was a frustrating time for that 1% chance they didn't.

mine was taken at $150 and it was 52% of 2019 points available( 160 total) all you can do is wait and to help pass time make a list with backups in case you want to submit a new offer you are ready to go the same day they let you know if it was taken.

This is crazy. Just no movement at all. Has anything passed at all yesterday or today?
i went looking around facebook on 2 broker's pages 1 posted on the 18th( they posted 2 more times after this date but it was about those that closed on their contract) and 1 on the 19th about passsing ROFR.

Has anyone used them before? I'm hesitant to bid because I haven't heard much about them.
I negotiated on a contract with them once. It was around a 150 point contract. If memory serves me there was something like $2000 in fees I would of had to pay. Almost like the buyer pays for all closing costs and commissions. I backed out of the deal.

I bought my first contract through The Timeshare Store, Jerry Sydow in 2005 and I remember it going very smoothly. Currently have a contract waiting ROFR through Fidelity and up to this point they have been very good and responsive. I see quite a few contracts through Fidelity on this thread.

I bought my first contract through The Timeshare Store, Jerry Sydow in 2005 and I remember it going very smoothly. Currently have a contract waiting ROFR through Fidelity and up to this point they have been very good and responsive. I see quite a few contracts through Fidelity on this thread.
Us too, it to was very easy to buy. I think we made a bid in Dec 2007 and closed early in 2008.

Our last contract bought in 2014 was with Jerry at Timeshare store. It was a smooth process.

I am still waiting on Fidelity. Everything went smooth, until everything was submitted. Since then, it has been wait, and communication has been ok...... but wished if was more since we are on day 43.

I called broker yesterday afternoon, and have not gotten a phone call back, or even an email. I would think that some kind of reply would be in order within 24 hours.

I am still waiting on Fidelity. Everything went smooth, until everything was submitted. Since then, it has been wait, and communication has been ok...... but wished if was more since we are on day 43.

I called broker yesterday afternoon, and have not gotten a phone call back, or even an email. I would think that some kind of reply would be in order within 24 hours.
Day 43 is bonkers.

Paipt---$130-$69385-500-BLT-Feb-0/18, 500/19, 500/20, 500/21- sent 1/18, taken 2/26

I just got an e-mail from my broker. The dream is officially over. Not at all a surprise - actually glad to just have resolution. Will probably take some time to figure out our next move. Thanks so much for this board/thread - it was very helpful to me, especially given the prolonged nature of this particular process.

Best of luck to all still waiting - especially those that are way past the 30 day mark!

Two former DVC guides were interviewed on a recent Welcome Home Podcast and they said that the department that sells direct contracts and the one that buys back via ROFR are completely separate, not even in the same building, and rarely talk to each other. That why one might have a ten year waitlist for direct beach club points yet the other doesn’t buy back every beach club contract that comes through ROFR. If that’s true it would make it unlikely that anyone is being targeted to have their contracts taken just because they are a possible direct buyer.
I always thought they talked to each other how else when looking to buy direct it can become available. I know someone who was looking at a resale and asked Disney about that amount of points at the resort she wanted and they said yes it was avail and it was the resale she was looking at. She learned never to inquire about direct when looking at resale contracts :)

My 50 point Old Key West contract through Fidelity passed on day 20 but that was 5 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my closing papers :furious: I wish I knew before making my offer that I could pick the title company because I would NEVER use First American Title :headache: With the different title companies for my other contracts, I received my closing paperwork 8 and 9 days after passing ROFR :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter