ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Strathern---$106-$22941-200-AKV-Feb-0/18, 65/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 1/18, taken 2/26

As expected :( Thanks for all the help on the board. It's a great resource.

Wow - interesting... Just makes me wonder how on earth mine made it through and passed. Same use year, 100 points at $105. And it was submitted on 1/9 so in the frenzy. Drunk Monkey for sure...

I really think this is a test. "Will resale folks pay more even with restrictions?" Disney has far more data points than we do or than any single broker does. They are trying to figure out what will maximize profits. Though we've put in a few offers, I'm now considering seeing what happens over the next two months instead of negotiating bargains. DVC seems like a loose cannon right now.

I will send a message across the bow loud and clear not interested in paying inflated prices for less membership advantages due to all the recent and past restrictions. We need to keep making offers on reasonably priced contracts so they get the message. I notified my Guide I was not interested in the offer for points at $228 a point. I will keep trying they cannot take them all will run out of resources eventually...

I will send a message across the bow loud and clear not interested in paying inflated prices for less membership advantages due to all the recent and past restrictions. We need to keep making offers on reasonably priced contracts so they get the message. I notified my Guide I was not interested in the offer for points at $228 a point. I will keep trying they cannot take them all will run out of resources eventually...

I know this is minor, but is it 225 or 228? I first thought a typo but you repeat $228 a few times. It went to $225 in Jan from what I was told and have read....just want to confirm it hasn't changed again.

I really think this is a test. "Will resale folks pay more even with restrictions?" Disney has far more data points than we do or than any single broker does. They are trying to figure out what will maximize profits. Though we've put in a few offers, I'm now considering seeing what happens over the next two months instead of negotiating bargains. DVC seems like a loose cannon right now.

I agree, it seems like a test. I am also wondering if some of it has to do with the resale restrictions that will be in place with Riviera. Maybe they anticipate less direct purchases for that resort and more for the sold out resorts? Probably not the case but I know people were upset with the announcement of the resale restrictions so maybe? I don’t know just me guessing.

There have been so many taken... We won't know until the end of the month, but it seems like the % is very high, or am I just only seeing the taken and do to the Jan 19th change the volume is just very high?

My broker said they are seeing a 40-50% buy back rate right now, which is WAY higher than normal. I refuse to buy direct again considering the high costs (unless I win the lottery but considering I don't even play we can all figure those odds). We may consider putting in a resale again in the future, but certainly not anytime soon with the new restrictions. My broker suggested we do it right away just in case so we are grandfathered in if they make anymore changes, but we will wait to see what happens.

Wow - interesting... Just makes me wonder how on earth mine made it through and passed. Same use year, 100 points at $105. And it was submitted on 1/9 so in the frenzy. Drunk Monkey for sure...
If it’s true that Disney takes closing costs, etc. into account then that might make sense. The closing costs would have double the effect per point on a 100 pt contract compared to a 200 pt one.

I’m going to hold on to that notion as the faint glimmer of hope that my ultra cheap 50 pt VGF contract will squeak through :lol:

If it’s true that Disney takes closing costs, etc. into account then that might make sense. The closing costs would have double the effect per point on a 100 pt contract compared to a 200 pt one.

I’m going to hold on to that notion as the faint glimmer of hope that my ultra cheap 50 pt VGF contract will squeak through :lol:

Oh I never thought of that...that's a good point/theory.

I know this is minor, but is it 225 or 228? I first thought a typo but you repeat $228 a few times. It went to $225 in Jan from what I was told and have read....just want to confirm it hasn't changed again.

4luv2cdisney, you are correct, the latest price increase in January 2019 brought Bay Lake Tower up to $225 per point for direct :scared1: It went up $34 from $191 to $225 :eek: :eek: Beach Club went up $40 per point from $185 to $225 so it is now the same price as Bay Lake :crazy2:

Sorry was really busy when he called thought it was the broker so answered the call. It may well be $225 which is also ridiculous and if we do not buy at that price what will Disney do they will loose a lot in dues for sure and profit at the parks too.

4luv2cdisney, you are correct, the latest price increase in January 2019 brought Bay Lake Tower up to $225 per point for direct :scared1: It went up $34 from $191 to $225 :eek: :eek: Beach Club went up $40 per point from $185 to $225 so it is now the same price as Bay Lake :crazy2:
It blows my mind that they're selling BCV at $225 with its expiration in 2042!! There is no way that BCV and BLT should be selling at the same price...drunken monkey indeed...

My broker said they are seeing a 40-50% buy back rate right now, which is WAY higher than normal. I refuse to buy direct again considering the high costs (unless I win the lottery but considering I don't even play we can all figure those odds). We may consider putting in a resale again in the future, but certainly not anytime soon with the new restrictions. My broker suggested we do it right away just in case so we are grandfathered in if they make anymore changes, but we will wait to see what happens.
It doesn’t look like they’ve passed any since last Tuesday so I’m wondering if it’s even higher than this.
On day 35 today so just wish they’d break the bad news so can have the deposit back and decide on next steps

Darth Poppy---$145-$15686-100-PVB-Sep-0/17, 201/18, 96/19, 100/20- sent 1/14, passed 2/27

Day 44!!! Makes the wait worth it!
I hope it really was sent before the 1/19 deadline. Are you the one where the broker tried to say it was sent 1/30 and you corrected him? Congrats!!!

So you immediately provided a counter offer to the guide, "$133?" ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter