ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we couldn't stand it. The prices are dropping and we had to bite. Of course we only wanted CCV which seems to be all the ROFR lady is interested in recently. Just signed a contract for a 250 pointer at $153pp. I'll post all the details once it goes to ROFR. We've had ones taken at quite a bit higher than that, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Still - in this environment I figure we've got a shot!!

That only shows a few of the sites anyway, if you're Serious about looking for the perfect contract, google until you find ALL the brokers and info sites (some informational and general timeshare sites also list DVC) lol. For anyone new, please know I'm not refusing to share sites - but a number of them are blocked here on disboards. Whether a blocked site is an issue or not with a proper Escrow is up to you. Sorry.
Not so sure, places like www.sellmytimesharenow.com have AUL contracts for $300pp so not that great, haha!

While I can appreciate how many think having two UYs is inconvenient I find it to be the opposite and much more convenient. The biggest advantage is being able to transfer points (unlimited times when between two contracts you own ATM) between contracts. So if I want to sell a contract that is stripped I can simply transfer it to my other UY and still get use out of the points while also liquidating the contract and getting some $ back. YMMV but in addition to staggering UYs to book without banking deadline concerns this is another advantage I love about having multiple UYs.
I have 2 UYs and love it. March for WDW for our summer vacay and June for DLR for our CA trips in November. If I were to buy VDH, I would get June to Match. Points are fun!

Last edited:
While I can appreciate how many think having two UYs is inconvenient I find it to be the opposite and much more convenient. The biggest advantage is being able to transfer points (unlimited times when between two contracts you own ATM) between contracts. So if I want to sell a contract that is stripped I can simply transfer it to my other UY and still get use out of the points while also liquidating the contract and getting some $ back. YMMV but in addition to staggering UYs to book without banking deadline concerns this is another advantage I love about having multiple UYs.
When transferring points, would they be usable at 11 months? Or is this only for UY at same home? Please explain, this is very interesting.

When transferring points, would they be usable at 11 months? Or is this only for UY at same home? Please explain, this is very interesting.
Transferred points retain their home resort and UY, so transferring them from one membership to another doesn't change their 11 month booking priority. It's simply a way of keeping current or next year's points while selling the contract.

Transferred points retain their home resort and UY, so transferring them from one membership to another doesn't change their 11 month booking priority. It's simply a way of keeping current or next year's points while selling the contract.
So if I add a second home resort with a different UY I can transfer the points to the other contract and they’ll move but retain the home…so in essence I could strip the contract of 3 years and than list it?

Points maintain their original home resort and use year regardless of where you transfer them. So if you transfer points from your August UY to your June UY they maintain their august date.

So if I add a second home resort with a different UY I can transfer the points to the other contract and they’ll move but retain the home…so in essence I could strip the contract of 3 years and than list it?
As long as you don't bank or borrow any points before you transfer them, yes. Banked and borrowed points can't be transferred, but transferred points can be banked.

As long as you don't bank or borrow any points before you transfer them, yes. Banked and borrowed points can't be transferred, but transferred points can be banked.
So is the only benefit of this is to sell and keep some points for yourself? You can’t merge the points?

At 7 months they can be used together .
So if I have a Jan 23 at BWV and Sept 23 at BLT. Can I use all the points in Sept 23 from both contracts at BLT?

This I understand. Or if I transfer the BWV 23 to the BLT. They would move to the other account and I could sell the BWV contract minus the 23 points but I’d still have them, just on the other account.

It only takes one person to bite. And chances are, that person isn’t on this thread
Yeah, true, and that works if you have unlimited patience and time. The thing is, sometimes the market price doesn’t cost that much more, especially for contracts in the 100-150 point range, and the savings from a cheaper contract pales in comparison to the years and years of dues you’ll be paying, not to mention the inability to actually use the points while you wait for some amazing deal.

DisneyTakeAllMyMoney---$100-$26639-240-SSR-Jun-0/22, 322/23, 240/24- sent 1/20, passed 2/9

DisneyTakeAllMyMoney---$105-$23928-200-AUL-Jun-0/22, 388/23, 200/24- sent 1/20, passed 2/9

DisneyTakeAllMyMoney---$105-$20340-170-AUL-Aug-170/22, 340/23, 170/24- sent 2/8

WOOHOOO! The updates are rolling in today!!! :)

@pangyal - there is a 240 point Dec Aul in "waiting" of mine that you can delete. This 200 June and the 240 Dec were both in the waiting and I think when the Dec passed, you deleted the June not the Dec. Now they've both passed :) but now this Aug Aul will wait alone LOL... unless I go crazy and go for one of these BCV or BWV deals...

We travel year round, so we have 4 use years. We would have too many reservations in the 4 month "danger zone" between banking and start/end of next use year... so one wouldn't work for us. And so we also get 8 waitlists, could buy 96 OTUP if we wanted... kind of has its advantages but if you use them independently it's not really a big deal. I also kind of like always having a banking deadline coming up - keeps me on top of it. I can see how it would be though if you really only planned to go like once a year and wanted to use the points together regularly. We have multiple contracts within each UY so we can comingle those and don't really have to transfer

I’ll also throw my hat into the I like having two use years ring. DEC and JUNE. Gives us good overlap for Dec and June travel periods and has the rest of the year covered well enough.

If we get some VDH points we’ll have coverage for the entire year on both coasts.

It does make the spreadsheet I use to forecast our use of points a few years ahead fun… but I’ve always liked that kind of thing.

We travel year round, so we have 4 use years. We would have too many reservations in the 4 month "danger zone" between banking and start/end of next use year... so one wouldn't work for us. And so we also get 8 waitlists, could buy 96 OTUP if we wanted... kind of has its advantages but if you use them independently it's not really a big deal. I also kind of like always having a banking deadline coming up - keeps me on top of it. I can see how it would be though if you really only planned to go like once a year and wanted to use the points together regularly. We have multiple contracts within each UY so we can comingle those and don't really have to transfer
Seriously though. I think you need more home resorts on your signature block!

Is it definitely true that you can transfer unlimited times between your own contracts? I’ve heard different things about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter