ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though these boards occasionally show some incredible deal on a subsidized Aulani contract, I think any seller who’s not desperate, who has the UY you want, can get considerably more.

I also wonder how many of these deals, on all resorts, require the buyer to get an additional UY. For me, there’s no amount of savings that would justify that inconvenience for years and years.

I have also learned the hard way that some distressed sellers will accept whatever quick offer they can get but can not actually close the contract because they are underwater on the loan or behind on dues.

That’s a disappointing thing to learn after 3+ months of getting excited about a new contract and then having to start over. It also pushes out your DVC vacation a whole additional year at hard to book resorts.

For a 60-point contract? No way.
I was on Fidelity yesterday looking at BWV and I swear there was a 70 point - was it 70 point? Definitely less than 80 - for something in the teens or $120/pp. I would have grabbed it if I could afford to right now.

we already decided to cave! we're looking at a small BWV contract, but not sure how low we could go??
Lowest I've seen on $125pp. On a small contract may need to go $140. The problem is so many BCV contracts are overpriced in $160+ pp. Owners still want last summer prices.

MrWonderful---$125-$13983-100-BLT-Aug-0/22, 133/23, 100/24- sent 2/9

Fingers crossed. I know this could go either way.
Shawn Ray at Fidelity was super professional. Presented my offer without guff, and was just as surprised as I was. Fully recommend her.
What a deal. Hope it passes.

I was on Fidelity yesterday looking at BWV and I swear there was a 70 point - was it 70 point? Definitely less than 80 - for something in the teens or $120/pp. I would have grabbed it if I could afford to right now.
I suppose there's a lone outlier somewhere out there, but on the majors (including Fidelity), there's about 20 contracts between 50-100 points, with an average list price of $154. If you narrow it down to 50-75, you get a smaller sample size of roughly half that, and the average price creeps up to $156 (with $150 being the lowest).

The lowest price currently for a 60-point BWV contract on any of the major resale sites is $149. No seller is going to drop 20%+ without comps, and those must not exist because the high end on those same sites is right around $160 PP.
Just because it is listed did not mean that is thr right price. 150 point BWV contracts are passing on the $110-115 price range. For 60 pts $120-130 is more appropriate.

The listing agent said those weird point counts have been a challenge as well. I'm guessing many others share my OCD when it comes to nice, even point totals.
Yep, I have an odd point contract and definitely hits my OCD hard lol. www.fidelityrealestate.com has a decent 99 point contract at VGF and I keep passing on it due to my OCD, plus in my mind I am thinking (no basis for this AT ALL) that what if DVD had some odd limit at 100 points in the future... not willing to deal with that for a 1 point off norm contract.

Just because it is listed did not mean that is thr right price. 150 point BWV contracts are passing on the $110-115 price range. For 60 pts $120-130 is more appropriate.

Again, what a contract passes for isn't evidence of what it is worth, just where Disney will buy it back at. As I said, there is zero evidence of Disney buying back Riviera (as with any resort in active sales), but that by no means suggests that you could offer $50 on a Riviera contract and have a seller accept it.

There is evidence of a single contract passing in that range. If there was a substantial sampling to suggest that $115 is the current market value of a small BWV contract, then there would be far fewer listings sitting at 20-30% above "market". Sure, there will always be stick-in-the-mud sellers, but savvy brokers, interested in actually making money rather than clogging their site with unsellable contracts, would be nudging their clients towards lower list prices. 30% is a MASSIVE gap.

Also, I've never seen the delta between a 150 point contract and a 50 or 60 point contract be as little as $5, regardless of the market.

The list price is no less representative of the "right price" than what a buyer is attempting to offer. But hey, no skin off my nose. I'm not selling so I don't really care what people list at. I'm just cautioning that offering nearly 30% below list ($115 on a $160 list) may not prove particularly fruitful.

Last edited:
That is Fidelity but the website they are using is an awesome DVC resale finder tool at www.**********/listing doh blocked
That only shows a few of the sites anyway, if you're Serious about looking for the perfect contract, google until you find ALL the brokers and info sites (some informational and general timeshare sites also list DVC) lol. For anyone new, please know I'm not refusing to share sites - but a number of them are blocked here on disboards. Whether a blocked site is an issue or not with a proper Escrow is up to you. Sorry.

Last edited:
Again, what a contract passes for isn't evidence of what it is worth, just where Disney will buy it back at. As I said, there is zero evidence of Disney buying back Riviera (as with any resort in active sales), but that by no means suggests that you could offer $50 on a Riviera contract and have a seller accept it.

There is evidence of a single contract passing in that range. If there was a substantial sampling to suggest that $115 is the current market value of a small BWV contract, then there would be far fewer listings sitting at 20-30% above "market". Sure, there will always be stick-in-the-mud sellers, but savvy brokers, interested in actually making money rather than clogging their site with unsellable contracts, would be nudging their clients towards lower list prices. 30% is a MASSIVE gap.

Also, I've never seen the delta between a 150 point contract and a 50 or 60 point contract be as little as $5, regardless of the market.

The list price is no less representative of the "right price" than what a buyer is attempting to offer. But hey, no skin off my nose. I'm not selling so I don't really care what people list at. I'm just cautioning that offering nearly 30% below list ($115 on a $160 list) may not prove particularly fruitful.
So if you look at the first page of this thread there are 8 BWV contracts that have passed ROFR or are waiting a ROFR decision. All but one have been below $130pp, 4 of them $120pp. So yes, I believe anything above $140pp is overpriced in BWV right now. That could change, going higher or even lower with the market. But there is a reason all those contracts at $145,150,+ are sitting there.

MrWonderful---$125-$13983-100-BLT-Aug-0/22, 133/23, 100/24- sent 2/9

Fingers crossed. I know this could go either way.
Shawn Ray at Fidelity was super professional. Presented my offer without guff, and was just as surprised as I was. Fully recommend her.
What was the asking price? That’s a great deal!

Still happy overall with our deal, but seeing what others have been able to get recently we would have tried a lower offer first!

bucketfoot---$130-$10952-75-AKV-Oct-48/22, 75/23, 75/24- sent 1/18, passed 2/9
We felt the same way with our 50 point CCV at 170/pt. But it was semi loaded and I’ve waited a long time for our UY on a small point to add to our main 150 points.

Worth the price to me. Was shooting for AKL second! Nice get

But if I can buy an unsubsidized for $90pp, why would I ever pay $135? That’s a 22yrish break even. No bueno.

$112pp is an attractive price point.
This argument is very similar to old adage of “Why buy direct”? Because many people don’t know that resale exists. And many resale buyers don’t realize most subsidized contracts are not a great deal with AUL resale prices so low right now. Also, many people expect to hold on to contracts much longer than they actually do. So even IF they are doing math… the odds are against them in the long run.
Though these boards occasionally show some incredible deal on a subsidized Aulani contract, I think any seller who’s not desperate, who has the UY you want, can get considerably more.

I also wonder how many of these deals, on all resorts, require the buyer to get an additional UY. For me, there’s no amount of savings that would justify that inconvenience for years and years.
It only takes one person to bite. And chances are, that person isn’t on this thread

I've recently had a BCV seller counter to me @ $135 pp for a 100 point contract. Ultimately I decided it really just wasn't for us. It was listed I think originally in the 160s. It is not a stripped contract either.

While I can appreciate how many think having two UYs is inconvenient I find it to be the opposite and much more convenient. The biggest advantage is being able to transfer points (unlimited times when between two contracts you own ATM) between contracts. So if I want to sell a contract that is stripped I can simply transfer it to my other UY and still get use out of the points while also liquidating the contract and getting some $ back. YMMV but in addition to staggering UYs to book without banking deadline concerns this is another advantage I love about having multiple UYs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

facebook twitter