ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

kailunkat $160 -$38,720 Seller pays closing+dues - 242-PVB-Sep- 0/24, 242/25, 242/26 - Fixed Week 51 sent 5/14 TAKEN BACK 5/23
kailunkat $160 -$38,720 Seller pays closing+dues - 242-PVB-Sep- 0/24, 242/25, 242/26 - Fixed Week 52 sent 5/14 TAKEN BACK 5/23

Bummer. :sad2:
Wow they really are taking everything! Sorry those didn’t get through for you!

I’m sure there’s someone with an international seller in ROFR at the moment… will be interesting to see what happens with that.

meggmurray---$105-$5048-40-AKV-Mar-0/23, 40/24, 40/25- sent 5/6

meggmurray---$96-$10164-100-AKV-Mar-0/23, 0/24, 92/25- sent 5/6

First time buyer with 2 active contracts! Both in ROFR at the exact same time. Two different listing agencies, same title company. Very excited!
meggmurray---$105-$5048-40-AKV-Mar-40/23, 40/24, 40/25, 40/26- sent 5/6, passed 5/23
meggmurray---$96-$10164-100-AKV-Mar-0/23, 0/24, 92/25- sent 5/6, passed 5/23

Both contracts passed ROFR today!

kailunkat $160 -$38,720 Seller pays closing+dues - 242-PVB-Sep- 0/24, 242/25, 242/26 - Fixed Week 51 sent 5/14 TAKEN BACK 5/23
kailunkat $160 -$38,720 Seller pays closing+dues - 242-PVB-Sep- 0/24, 242/25, 242/26 - Fixed Week 52 sent 5/14 TAKEN BACK 5/23

2 FW too.!!
Do we think Fixed Weeks had anything to do with it?

I am very sorry to see this, that's a very large purchase to commit to and then lose. Hopefully something else comes along soon that was meant to be!

2 FW too.!!
Do we think Fixed Weeks had anything to do with it?
I think it's a possibility. I was hoping we would squeak through by offsetting the pricing with seller covering closing costs and dues since it would show up as a $160 versus the actual contract price sales price which was in total lower with everything factored in. How does that work if Disney takes back the contract? Do the brokers still get a commission and would the seller still have to pay dues?

We also have a smaller $164 in rofr for Poly but it was submitted later in the week. Haven't heard back yet. I'm gonna be real mad though if $160 exactly was the cutoff!

meggmurray---$105-$5048-40-AKV-Mar-40/23, 40/24, 40/25, 40/26- sent 5/6, passed 5/23
meggmurray---$96-$10164-100-AKV-Mar-0/23, 0/24, 92/25- sent 5/6, passed 5/23

Both contracts passed ROFR today!
yay congrats!! we sent on 5/5 so i keep refreshing my inbox!! onto closing time!!

We used DVC Title and Escrow and received both notifications via email within minutes of each other. Hopefully soon! Good luck!
yay! there's another board called "closing time" where you can keep track on the current timings for everything else. unfortunately waiting for ROFR is just one of many steps towards getting the points

If Disney buys back a fixed week, are they able to resale that week or just the points?
Both I believe.

That makes me wonder if they will open up fixed weeks for the previously sold out studios and bungalows again as well, as long as the room type is below the limit for fixed weeks still, which I imagine most weeks are under the limit.

Last edited:
How does that work if Disney takes back the contract? Do the brokers still get a commission and would the seller still have to pay dues?
Basically, Disney becomes "you the buyer" and everything happens as per the contract. The main thing is that Disney does its closings in-house, so (I think) the title company loses both the work and the fees that go with it.

I think it's a possibility. I was hoping we would squeak through by offsetting the pricing with seller covering closing costs and dues since it would show up as a $160 versus the actual contract price sales price which was in total lower with everything factored in. How does that work if Disney takes back the contract? Do the brokers still get a commission and would the seller still have to pay dues?

We also have a smaller $164 in rofr for Poly but it was submitted later in the week. Haven't heard back yet. I'm gonna be real mad though if $160 exactly was the cutoff!

They take over as the buyer so yes, seller still pays, and the commission is paid.

Both I believe.

That makes me wonder if they will open up fixed weeks for the previously sold out studios and bungalows again as well, as long as the room type is below the limit for fixed weeks still, which I imagine most weeks are under the limit.

If they follow suit with BPK, all sales will be for the tower units and not current, regardless of what they have in stock.

I will admit I haven’t searched all the threads but I’ve never noticed a Fixed Week taken back before.
I bought a resale Week 52 CCV earlier this year and I’m still shocked they didn’t take it back. Granted, I paid $140 p/p (relatively high compared to other CCV contracts) but it locked in week 52 @ 161 pts - even non FW value for that week this year is 181 pts so it seemed like a no brainer. Figured Week 52 is in demand at CCV but I guess not worth it for them 🤷‍♀️

I don’t want to give you too much hope here, but it’s at least possible that as you are buying over 450 points the direct pricing could be not too much higher than what you were going to pay for resale, though I assume that would mean you are selling back a year of points.

I don’t want to give you too much hope here, but it’s at least possible that as you are buying over 450 points the direct pricing could be not too much higher than what you were going to pay for resale, though I assume that would mean you are selling back a year of points.
Good point! The contracts were stripped until 2025 so this may still work out in your favor @Kailunkat

Thank you to you all! I won't lie, I was pretty disappointed when I got the email earlier but you all have made me feel a bit better about it. The plan was always to buy some points resale before buying direct and we still have the 100pt PVB contract and a loaded 200pt VGF contract (which I am now MAJORLY sweating about because I've already spent those points in my head 🤣) in ROFR so all hope isn't lost. I was pretty excited about those ~500 PVB points but I'm ok with waiting out DVD until they offer a good deal for them. Honestly, I agree it may end up working out better long term. Thanks for cheering me up

Latest posts

facebook twitter