ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a tip on when I should push my seller to bank some points that I badly need banked? Our closing date is mid-July, but it's a December Use Year so there are a full slate of 300 points that I need banked by the end of July, and I won't have the contract in time to do it myself.

Currently under contract and waiting on ROFR.
I'd talk to your broker about having that done now, just to be safe.

Does anyone have a tip on when I should push my seller to bank some points that I badly need banked? Our closing date is mid-July, but it's a December Use Year so there are a full slate of 300 points that I need banked by the end of July, and I won't have the contract in time to do it myself.

Oh this is interesting. This is one reason we've overlooked a few contracts because we knew there wouldn't be time to bank the points before we would take ownership of them. Good to know that is something we could ask!

I had my sellers do it before it even went to ROFR.

hglenn---$125-$32790-240-BWV-Apr-0/21, 253/22, 240/23, 240/24- sent 3/21, passed 4/25
(my original thread says it was sent on 3/18, however, I found out later it wasn't sent until the 21st)

And there you have it... Absolutely zero rhyme or reason as to how ROFR decides to take contracts. I had no faith in this passing at all.... BUT IT DID and we're so excited!!!! Thank you for keeping me sane and sharing in my misery (first world problems) while I waited 35 days! LOL

hglenn---$125-$32790-240-BWV-Apr-0/21, 253/22, 240/23, 240/24- sent 3/21, passed 4/25
(my original thread says it was sent on 3/18, however, I found out later it wasn't sent until the 21st)

And there you have it... Absolutely zero rhyme or reason as to how ROFR decides to take contracts. I had no faith in this passing at all.... BUT IT DID and we're so excited!!!! Thank you for keeping me sane and sharing in my misery (first world problems) while I waited 35 days! LOL
Wow! Look at that awesome contract! Congratulations! Now I want a BWV contract lol.

Congrats on scoring an awesome contract! Disney’s loss is your gain.

Congratulations neighbor, those points will go a long long way at BWV

Not sure if this appropriate to ask but did you offer way less than asking per point or just found a super low per point deal? That is an amazing price!! Congrats.

I would ask immediately.
Once they make a decision on ROFR, it will freeze everything.

I would ask the broker now. Amendments will probably be required to be resent to Disney. Not sure if it would impact ROFR timeline.

Fantastic! You give me hope mine will pass ROFR now. Huskerpaul---$134-$29777-210-BWV-Apr-0/21, 119/22, 210/23, 210/24- sent 4/1

I'm curious if this is your first DVC contract?

I purchased a contract back in December for June use year and asked the broker to have the seller bank the 2021 points before the contract was sent to ROFR. This was stipulated on the contract as part of the terms of sale. I would call your broker and ask about your situation.

Interesting.

hobbes42---$162-$29686-175-CCV@WL-Jun-0/20, 0/21, 87/22, 175/23- sent 3/16, passed 4/25

I did not receive any notification of 'passed' or 'taken', but I received the closing documents today complete with unsigned deed and wire instructions.

So, I guess I'll assume it passed!

Awesome grab!

Not sure if this appropriate to ask but did you offer way less than asking per point or just found a super low per point deal? That is an amazing price!! Congrats.
This was the full asking price. If it had gotten taken we would've gone after a smaller contract for a much higher amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter