ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all, happy Monday! I was thinking about putting in another offer for Disney to buy this week. What do you think...BLT, or SSR again?
BLT is my jam. Nothing beats two bathrooms in the 1 bedroom villas. The ability to walk to MK and get on the monorail loop for the other resorts/restaurants is great. Sure you can walk to DS from SSR, but SSR is not great if you're a park person/family.

Really hoping they do something cool with the pool area at BLT, that is one let down.

Exactly. And then maybe you’ll be standing another 20 minutes on the bus if it’s full.
I don't know how many times we've seen a bus pull away as we were approaching or were told it's full and had to wait for another one. No kidding, sometimes it's taken 45 minutes to 1 hour just to get on one. Then the standing bus ride with a bunch of sweaty/stinky people while holding a stroller, merch bags, kids, etc...

Not fun. I'll walk.

I don't know how many times we've seen a bus pull away as we were approaching or were told it's full and had to wait for another one. No kidding, sometimes it's taken 45 minutes to 1 hour just to get on one. Then the standing bus ride with a bunch of sweaty/stinky people while holding a stroller, merch bags, kids, etc...

Not fun. I'll walk.
Some people choose space, they commute to work and some choose to cut the two hour in the am and pm. There’s something for everyone!

Good morning all, happy Monday! I was thinking about putting in another offer for Disney to buy this week. What do you think...BLT, or SSR again?
My vote is for ssr because mathematically I can’t see how they keep buying back so much more then theyre selling. They have to stop at some point and the more people force them to buy the sooner they stop and I can get akv lol.

My vote is for ssr because mathematically I can’t see how they keep buying back so much more then theyre selling. They have to stop at some point and the more people force them to buy the sooner they stop and I can get akv lol.
I hear you and I still want to add on more SSR points eventually, but after getting a 145 dollar small SSR contract taken, I think I'm ready to try BLT this time. Unfortunately, both resorts I want to add points to are getting taken hard right now. :p

I hear you and I still want to add on more SSR points eventually, but after getting a 145 dollar small SSR contract taken, I think I'm ready to try BLT this time. Unfortunately, both resorts I want to add points to are getting taken hard right now. :p
There are some great deals on BLT contracts right now too. I’m not in a rush for points and temped to bid and see what happens but my party pooper husband wants to wait.

In general, DISboards are moderated more heavily than my liking. I think there's value in wandering off-topic and digressions that flow naturally from conversation. Unlike much of the website, which has strict "stick to the OP" enforcement, @pangyal and @Sandisw have struck the perfect balance here. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this thread is the best source of DVC information in the world. People come here looking for answers that have real life consequences for their families. Time after time, newbies (and I'm including myself) come to this thread to tell us how much they've learned just by observing us joke, tease, and argue with each other. I think it would be a mistake to try to rein it in.

The OP is kept up to date for those who just want the facts.
Well said.

Maybe he needs his stonks to recover.

My god, if we crash and burn into this recession as hard as it looks like we're going to, points are going to go on. sale.

I do wonder if I should have just held out and waited a few more months to see how bad things get before buying the VGC stuff but the kids are only going to be this age for X more years and I think I got a good deal compared to what the VGC market looked like a few months ago. I might just wait on my direct purchase to see if they do a fire sale on anything in the coming years as I don’t really need more points :)

I do fear that when it starts getting bad that the feds will just drop us back down to 0% rates and start printing and handing out free cash like candy to really YOLO the market for as long as they can. This will likely crush the lower income people the most but can cause a rise in assets for those who have them. So who knows what will/can happen in the coming months with DVC. I will agree that the buyers market is trending more that way but I do fear another spike in prices if the money printer goes into 11 and get’s stuck there for some time……

I do wonder if I should have just held out and waited a few more months to see how bad things get before buying the VGC stuff but the kids are only going to be this age for X more years and I think I got a good deal compared to what the VGC market looked like a few months ago. I might just wait on my direct purchase to see if they do a fire sale on anything in the coming years as I don’t really need more points :)

I do fear that when it starts getting bad that the feds will just drop us back down to 0% rates and start printing and handing out free cash like candy to really YOLO the market for as long as they can. This will likely crush the lower income people the most but can cause a rise in assets for those who have them. So who knows what will/can happen in the coming months with DVC. I will agree that the buyers market is trending more that way but I do fear another spike in prices if the money printer goes into 11 and get’s stuck there for some time……
I don't think a recession will impact the price of VGC as much as an influx of 5-6 million new points that's coming at VDH. Don't get me wrong. In the long scheme of things, most people will prefer to stay at VGC. But the overall value of VGC has to take a hit because of the influx of 600% more inventory in Anaheim that was not available in the past.

WRT to the interest rate, why do you think the fed will bring it back to zero? As far as I can tell, I don't think there will be a reprieve from inflation anytime soon and raising interest rate is just about the only tool in the bag for the fed to counter it. I'm not sure what's more scary. A recession/depression or hyper inflation.

We're so excited to have our first contract submitted for ROFR! We have been tossing around the idea of becoming DVC members for a while-- former Cast Member-- and we finally decided to go for it. I feel like we ended up with a pretty good deal so I'm pleased! We love the Polynesian and want it to be our home. I know there are lots of questions about the new tower at PVB but it doesn't really impact us too much, honestly.

We feel like the studios at the Poly meet our needs and we love them. Fingers crossed we'll be welcomed home soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter