ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on people, this is the ROFR thread.

Most of us are coming here to read what is getting passed or taken by Disney through ROFR.

Captain, do you not have anything to say to this?….
In general, DISboards are moderated more heavily than my liking. I think there's value in wandering off-topic and digressions that flow naturally from conversation. Unlike much of the website, which has strict "stick to the OP" enforcement, @pangyal and @Sandisw have struck the perfect balance here. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this thread is the best source of DVC information in the world. People come here looking for answers that have real life consequences for their families. Time after time, newbies (and I'm including myself) come to this thread to tell us how much they've learned just by observing us joke, tease, and argue with each other. I think it would be a mistake to try to rein it in.

The OP is kept up to date for those who just want the facts.

Updated!

I did want to put in my two cents' worth (which is like $0.0050 or something if I want to convert it to USD) re: International sellers. While it is definitely more rare to see these taken, they DO get taken. I'd just hate for anyone to get super excited about what a broker might have convinced them is a slam dunk, only to have it bought back...all I'm trying to say is that it's more realistic to say that International contracts rarely get bought back. I have a few years' worth of ROFR threads that would negate what some of these brokers are passing on as sales tactics, and I'm not happy about the way that some brokers are presenting these.

*climbs down from soapbox*

Come on people, this is the ROFR thread.

Most of us are coming here to read what is getting passed or taken by Disney through ROFR.
I've sometimes also worried that we were making life harder for pangayal to go through the posts and organize the data at the start of the thread too. I've seen pangayal also jump in and comment and/or like conversations that were part of the off-topic madness in this thread and that gave me some comfort as I hope they are enjoying the chatter. I think the reason that this thread is the best and there is so much off topic conversations is just the fact that it's popular and has the momentum. I also try and stalk the threads for the resorts I'm interested in but find more relevant info here.

As a person new to the world of DVC I'd say Pete's YouTube channel and this thread were my best sources of info to help me make the decision to join/purchase. I love the conversations as the forum tends to be more focused on WDW and that that helps me as I'd like to get something over there and know so little about it.

Going to have to steal from Portland or Austin and say.... Keep the ROFR Thread Weird!

Updated!

I did want to put in my two cents' worth (which is like $0.0050 or something if I want to convert it to USD) re: International sellers. While it is definitely more rare to see these taken, they DO get taken. I'd just hate for anyone to get super excited about what a broker might have convinced them is a slam dunk, only to have it bought back...all I'm trying to say is that it's more realistic to say that International contracts rarely get bought back. I have a few years' worth of ROFR threads that would negate what some of these brokers are passing on as sales tactics, and I'm not happy about the way that some brokers are presenting these.

*climbs down from soapbox*
Oh yes! I was around for when an international seller contract got taken and we were all super shocked. It wasn’t even that long ago since I’m a newest member. Still a really safe bet but not guaranteed. They like to keep us on our toes.

I've sometimes also worried that we were making life harder for pangayal to go through the posts and organize the data at the start of the thread too. I've seen pangayal also jump in and comment and/or like conversations that were part of the off-topic madness in this thread and that gave me some comfort as I hope they are enjoying the chatter. I think the reason that this thread is the best and there is so much off topic conversations is just the fact that it's popular and has the momentum. I also try and stalk the threads for the resorts I'm interested in but find more relevant info here.

As a person new to the world of DVC I'd say Pete's YouTube channel and this thread were my best sources of info to help me make the decision to join/purchase. I love the conversations as the forum tends to be more focused on WDW and that that helps me as I'd like to get something over there and know so little about it.

Going to have to steal from Portland or Austin and say.... Keep the ROFR Thread Weird!
I’m one of those new people learning more from the banter. I do go to the original post to see the updated offers.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this thread is the best source of DVC information in the world
This 100%. I'm currently browsing some of the FB groups where a broker is suggesting that resale points could be used for future resorts. Like what?? Also seeing admins on FB blocking or deleting posts if there's so much as a mention of another broker that's not the group's sponsor. Glad this thread exists, but my wallet sure isn't! :rotfl2:

Lol, I love to hear this!!! I try to keep it on track, but as it was said…those looking for raw data can check page 1, and everyone else…it’s mostly fair game! Though, there are often fantastic resources that are more drilled-down for specific topics, like the awesome Closing Time thread, so sometimes it just makes more sense to move a conversation to one of those threads :).

I love the chatter and end up going down some fascinating rabbit holes with some posts, but in all honesty there is a fine line to walk between keeping the thread very objective and factual (I.e., ROFR data only) and total digressions…I’m happy if we can achieve a happy medium 😆!

And no worries about derailing making it harder for me to update, if I’m super busy I just skim all of the posts from the week for strings and add those. So it doesn’t bother me if there are other conversations happening and I honestly love them 🙂.

Lol, I love to hear this!!! I try to keep it on track, but as it was said…those looking for raw data can check page 1, and everyone else…it’s mostly fair game! Though, there are often fantastic resources that are more drilled-down for specific topics, like the awesome Closing Time thread, so sometimes it just makes more sense to move a conversation to one of those threads :).

I love the chatter and end up going down some fascinating rabbit holes with some posts, but in all honesty there is a fine line to walk between keeping the thread very objective and factual (I.e., ROFR data only) and total digressions…I’m happy if we can achieve a happy medium 😆!

And no worries about derailing making it harder for me to update, if I’m super busy I just skim all of the posts from the week for strings and add those. So it doesn’t bother me if there are other conversations happening and I honestly love them 🙂.
Come for the ROFR info, stay for the banter!

I wonder if it would make it easier or more difficult for you if people added color-coded text to their strings:
Green for waived ROFR
Red for taken :(
Yellow for Waiting/Just Sent

I know it's already sometimes a challenge for the basic format to be correct. :surfweb:

I agree with @Sandisw. SSR seems to be a hot take for DVD right now, making the guaranteed pass price too close to more appealing resorts. I'm assuming you actually want to stay BLT?
I would agree here, if BLT is your jam and you want it for location, go with that. The cost difference is not very large atm. I will say that I think BLT will need a refresh soon. It is rather dark in the rooms and feels dated to me. The pool area feels very dull and just like a concrete creation. I think BLT is an awesome location with access to good dining at contemporary but the rooms and pool aren’t my fav. I do believe that once they decide to do a hard refurb, it will be amazing.

I would agree here, if BLT is your jam and you want it for location, go with that. The cost difference is not very large atm. I will say that I think BLT will need a refresh soon. It is rather dark in the rooms and feels dated to me. The pool area feels very dull and just like a concrete creation. I think BLT is an awesome location with access to good dining at contemporary but the rooms and pool aren’t my fav. I do believe that once they decide to do a hard refurb, it will be amazing.
I think just like SSR, prices will rise once BLT is refurbished. Besides being at the most prime location, the villas have great bones. One and two bedroom have an extra bathroom and they are on the larger side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter